“Beautiful meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Brisbane
“Beautiful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Sensational and Grace is my go to meal. The food is absolutely delicious and you cannot tell that it is a vegan restaurant. The service is amazing and the atmosphere is fantastic! Highly recommend this place!

Visited August 2014

“Food bliss accomplished.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great. Worth it. I'm dining with a cautious-about-new-veggies/flavors boyfriend and he was loving everything we had. The 'nachos' for a starter, he got the soup of the day creme of brocoli, and a salad with fig and apple. I got an entrée with a spaghetti squash noodles and mushrooms and a side salad. Then for dessert a raw macadamia nut truffle. Oh goodness good. Great flavors, great atmosphere, great service.

Word to the wise: vegan means no meat so don't whine when well, there is no meat on the menu. Also, organic+local+raw+amazing and in downtown kansas city means your going to pay for what you want. I wouldn't say it's expensive for what we got but it's not cheap. It's also not crap food.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Loved the food, loved the service, loved the Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

What a great dining experience! I brought my mother here for a girls' day out, and had no idea what Cafe Gratitude was about. I am so thankful that now I know!
The menu offers a wide variety of healthy elixers (all with health-promoting names!) and vegan dishes prepared and named to just make you feel good! I chose "You are warm-hearted" and shared with my mother, who ordered a similarly-named dish. Both were well-presented and flavorful.
Highly recommended!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“Café Gratitude – GEM! Vegan Road Warrior Foodie Hangout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Café Gratitude is a RARE find. First, it’s vegan, so you won’t get cream with your authentic French press coffee, but vegan milks are an option. The menu is vast, especially considering this is a 100% vegan, 100% organic restaurant. It is located in the Crossroads Art District of KCMO. They own their own farm, use local produce, have beer, and even gluten free beer. The hangout is neo-hippie urban loft in old building. Play chess as you view the local artist’s art (for sale, rotated monthly) or sit on the stage at front, the bar, or in the back by the hand-painted mural. Eat and run or stay a long time; they are so laid back, you want to befriend them all. Service is fast, friendly and accomplished. I didn’t eat much (FP coffee was excellent) but I asked others who all said the food is fantastic and consistent. They let me plug in my laptop and sit and hang for hours! This would be a place I would visit multiple times a week if I were a local. Part of their mission statement is “Our food and people are a celebration of our aliveness”. That certainly seems true! This is a gem...a real find!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Great stop on cross-country road trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I am currently on my 7th cross-country road trip. One of the things I have noticed is that it is easy to find delicious meat and buttery meals throughout the U.S., but it is challenging and important to find healthy meals. We stopped for lunch at Cafe Gratitude because it was a vegetarian option. It was easy to find off the freeway (so it wasn't a super time consuming lunch stop) and the food was excellent. We ordered the raw lasagna and the brown rice and vegetable with thai almond sauce. The meal was well-priced, filling and tasty - definitely worth the stop if you are going through Kansas City!

• Visited July 2014