“Not on Friday or Saturday” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
colorado
19 attraction reviews
“Not on Friday or Saturday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Harley Davidson website said they operate the tour on Saturday in the summer and it fit my schedule in Kansas City so I went on a Saturday. According to the tour guide, the factory only runs 4 days a week from Monday to Thursday. Friday has no work, Saturday is for maintenance. So I only got to see the production floor with nothing going on. Also, from June to August, the final assembly is not part of the tour because they are changing models. All in all, I still enjoyed the tour as one still gets some ideas of how some of the parts are made. I would like to come back if I have a chance to see the final assembly. So don't come on weekends or in the summer if you want to see it all.

Visited July 2013

Chicago, IL, USA
8 attraction reviews
“Cool stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am by no means a Harley fan, because I'm just not into motorcycles, but this tour was great! I learned a lot about how motorcycles are made and it was interesting to see the factory. Our tour guide was informative and entertaining. If you are a Harley fan, I would highly recommend this tour. It is something you absolutely must do when you visit KC.

Visited July 2013
Scotland
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent Free Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Not a motor cycle guy by any means, but the opportunity to see how they make these machines was too good to miss. It's a factory first and foremost rather than a tourist attraction so it's a little off the beaten track (but not too far). I was a little uncertain whether my GPS knew where to take me. When we got there we found that a free tour had just started and we just joined on. It starts with an introductory video before you get your safety glasses and headset. This allows you to hear the guide over the noise in the factory. A first class approach as I have done factory tours where you struggle to hear what the guide is saying. We were then led right through the factory while the guide explained key stages of the construction process from sheet metal to the finished article.

I found it really interesting and far more than I expected for nothing (although they got their money out of me for souvenirs in the shop). If you are a real fan then you may want the fuller tour which comes at a fee. I suspect that will still be good value, but for me the tour we got was more than enough. The guide knew his stuff and was very friendly and good humoured. It lasted about an hour, so if you have that time to spare in the Kansas City area, even if you know little other than the Harley Davidson name, I think you will enjoy this.

Visited May 2013
Tahlequah, Oklahoma, USA
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Second time to come to this plant, still haven't made it into tour. This time, pre-planned and checked web-site for open dates. Arrived and was told that construction or maintenance was going on and no tours. It was three days earlier than website said they would be down for construction.. Very disappointed.

Visited June 2013
New Port Richey, FL
10 attraction reviews
“Harley Davidson Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

OK, don't own a motorcycle, and have no intentions of ever owning one. That being said, the Harley Davidson Factory Tour is something that shouldn't be missed. It was great to hear their philosophy and how smoothly their organization works. I found the tour to be very interesting and enjoyable, definitely a well greased organization.

Visited May 2013