“Ok for overnight” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Cedar Rapids
“Ok for overnight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our family stayed here prior to our trip to Puerto Vallarta. We stayed Sat 4/13. Husband is a smoker which I mentioned on check in (non smoking hotel) so she put us close to the door on the first floor. I thought that was nice as I hadn't asked anything except if they had smoking rooms. We also went to the bar for a drink before bed and it was again OK - nice atmosphere but expensive as expected. They did have an ATM onsite which was good as husband needed to get $ before going to Mexico.

The room was plain - bathroom adequate - furnace hard to manage. Outdoor pool only which was a disappointment. We utilized the shuttle service with a park and fly package and the departure was awesome. Our return the afternoon of 4/21 took quite some time and we won't personally do that again because it did take 1/2 hour as many people were also using Four Points ahead of us. I think it would be quicker to actually park at the airport especially if that 1/2 hour is important. We had a 5 hour trip home after our arrival so every minute counted with kids who had to go to school Monday and myself who had to go to work. Our arrival was 3 PM.

Again as the title reads. It was OK. There are tons of restaurants a five-ten minute drive at the mall Zona Rosa (highly recommend a bar called 74th Street Bar and Grill (or something like that) but nothing except the hotel restaurant close. Happy travels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Kim G,

I hope you enjoyed your Puerto Vallarta vacation! Thank you for letting us be a part of your vacation and taking the time to review your experience and travel tips.

Brad Verkamp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed there for a park and fly. Check-in and airport transfers great! Near the airport and easy to get to. That ends the good news. The place has seen its better days. Our room was on the Preferred Guest floor. Our room was large. The fridge was large but looked like it had been in a war. Newer carpet that had bumps all over it. The bed was OK but the pillows not so much. There was no recliner and in its place a metal chair. The desk had its laminate pulling away.
The heater/air conditioning would not fucntion no matter what I did. No window to open. Since we had traveled and it was late it was not worth the hassle to try and change rooms. There are other motels in the same area that may be a better choice. We will.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DDGone,

Thank you for your recent stay and positive airport transfer and check-in process. I apologize in regards to the room condition you mentioned. Please contact me at the hotel to allow me to investigate your room concerns. I want to also let you know that we are in the process of beginning an extensive room renovation. I do hope you contact me and give us a future opportunity for your airport hotel needs.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a lay over and stayed here for a night. The room was very clean and the staff was very nice. The shuttle driver was quick and very courteous. The hotel is very close to the airport. We left something behind by mistake, and the staff was very helpful with getting the item back to us. Also, the price for this quality of a hotel was excellent. We will definitely be staying here again next time we come to Kansas City!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear 328CHRISTOPHERM,

Thank you for the 5 star review! Always great to read a positive review from one our valued guests. I am glad our team could assist in returning your lost item promptly.

Look forward to seeing you again here at The Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one nite March 22nd. The bed was clean and comfortable. The hairdryer in bathroom had beed torn off wall and not replaced. Heating/Cooling system old pc of junk, no bathroom fan. Front desk staff and shuttle driver were great! Restaurant gd too, we had burgers :) Very convenient for airport travel. Price was reasonable too.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear 1976Sarah,

Thank you for your stay and review of the Four Points by Sheraton. I apologize for the hairdryer inconvenience. Glad you enjoyed the burgers in Boulevard Grill and I appreciated the positive staff comments.

Hope to welcome you back if your travels bring you to Kansas City Airport.

Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

From old buildings, to stinky hallways, to worm out furniture, etc. etc., this hotel needs major remodeling.
To be fair, they had one of the best soft pillows.
I stayed one hotel as a last minute deal booked by my company.
I definitely not recommend this place, unless it is super cheap and you are on a budget.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear amuzed2death,

Thank you for you recent stay and review. I wanted to let you know we are in the process of beginning an extensive renovation to improve our guest room facilities. I do hope you can give us another opportunity in the future.

Broomfield, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had to stay at the Four Points Kansas City Airport because my flight cancelled. Check in was crazy, because everyone on the same flight was booked here as well. They didn't seem very equipped to handle this. This is an older property with a dire need for renovations. It was fine for what I needed, but I wouldn't stay here again. Shuttle to airport was a concern, because everyone on the flight needed to be at the airport at the same time,and they only have room on the shuttle for 11-12 people. At first they were telling us that all of the shuttles were full, however I did get on one at a reasonable time.
The restaurant seemed nice, I had the breakfast buffet the next morning, and the chef made omelettes to order.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear saralynb,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not planning on staying the night in KC. I hope we made your stay comfortable. Thank you for recognizing the morning chef, his omelets are addicting.

Jefferson City, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The hotel is dated, but clean. Check-in was efficient. The room was adequate and the price was great. Shuttle to the airport was very good. Driver did a great job in a snow storm with somewhat slippery road conditions. Pick-up upon our return was very quick. From phone call to arrival at airport was five minutes. I would stay there again when flying out of MCI.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear djrackers,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review your stay and highlighting our shuttle and airport convenience. Great to hear the staff friendliness comment.

Hope your travels bring you back to Kansas City soon!

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!