“Great Training Facility Services” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #54 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Training Facility Services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I recently was a training instructor for a session held at this hotel. The service we received was great. Mahvash was very helpful throughout our 3 days there making sure that lunches were on our schedule, the room was setup based on our preferences and was always there if we needed anything. The staff there were helpful and went out of their way to make the session run smoothly. The attention we received from this was very much appreciated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear LindsayAdams828,

I was excited to hear about your stay and recent meeting with us. You comments about Mahvash our banquet captain is spot on, but thank you for noticing and taking your time to recognize her. We have worked very hard to provide excellent service and exceeding our guests needs when holding a meeting with us and from your review it sounds like the team's effort has paid off. I was proud to present your review at our recent all employee meeting.

We hope we have the opportunity to host another one of your meetings in the near future.

Four Points by Sheraton
Kansas City Airport

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed a single night at this property. I did not have high expectations and they were surpassed. A call from the airport requesting early check-in was warmly honored and I was greeted shortly thereafter by the same clerk. This is an older property and management appears to be making the best of it with minimal investment, hallways scream 1970's, the elevators are slow, and the bathroom a tad institutional. However it is clean, comfortable, decently quiet, and big on service. At a similar price point, I would readily return.

The onsite restaurant is actually pretty good, saw several locals having lunch as well. The property can be somewhat hard to locate so review maps prior to travel or have the address programmed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear ExiledinExpress,

Thank you for your stay and taking your time to share your experience. I wanted to thank you for noticing our friendly guest service we try to display at all times. We truly value our guests and try to exceed all of their overnight needs while staying close to the Kansas City Airport. Our locally themed restaurant does see a lot of repeat local guests as you had noted and I was glad you were able to experience it during your stay.

If your travels bring you back this way, we would love to welcome you back.

Four Points by Sheraton
Kansas City Airport
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel appears as if the owners simply do not care anymore. My windows were cloudy. There was hair in my bathroom and on my heater. The pool was filthy and needed attention. Please, somebody put this hotel out of its misery

• Stayed September 2012
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear MichaelMinneapolis,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to share your feedback.. I have reviewed your comments and pictures.
I would agree that the pool photo does not look very inviting. Unfortunately we closed our pool this past Monday (Labor Day) September 3. Since then we have been in the process of winterizing and cleaning up the area from a summer storm that blew leaves and debris into the pool. Unfortunately at the time of your photo we had not yet put the cover over the pool which we completed today, (Thursday). I will make certain that future years we cover our pool as soon as we close for the season. I apologize if you did not see the pool closed for the season signs we have posted thru out the hotel.

We take guest feedback very seriously and I do wish you would have contacted us regarding your room issues you mentioned in your review so that we could have addressed and made your stay more memorable. If you wish to discuss your stay personally please contact me here at the hotel.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stay at this hotel at least once a week as I work. I am always so grateful that the front desk, people like Christina, take such good care of me! It is a little bit like having a home away from home! Aside from the truly cordial and thoughtful welcome from the front desk, I also appreciate the courtesy shown by all of the van drivers, and the convenience of a full service restaurant. Last, but not least, the bed and the pillows are super comfortable...a real treat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Blondehawk,

Thank you very much for being a repeat loyal guest here at the Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport. Reading your review this morning to our team was a real delight. I thanked Christina for providing such outstanding memorable service. You are definetely correct in your comments regarding our van drivers and Boulevard Grill restaurant team, they truly strive to provide excellent service.

Thank you again for taking your time to recognize the team, it is very much appreciated. Next time your travels bring you back I would love to thank you personally.

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you can find another place to stay- then do. If you are bidding for your room, do what you must to avoid this place- anywhere would have been better.

The manager and owner of the hotel should be ashamed of the state of disrepair and dirtiness, Sheraton needs to see this place to believe how bad it is, and staff need training in customer service skills. The young man on the desk at 10:00 p.m. on August 15 was incredibly rude.
We just wanted a clean place to sleep with a working air conditioning unit and go to sleep. After an hour we figured out the air conditioning was broken. Since it was a record breaking hot day in KC, we asked to be moved to a room with cold air conditioning. The rude front desk clerk finally told us the room had a complaint from a previous guest who said the air con was not working.

We asked for a room with a working unit, and were moved next to the elevator to a noisy room with wet carpet and such an overwhelming smell of mold and mildew that we went right back to our original hot room. We were then turned over to Saaed, the air con repair man, who tried 4 different rooms to find one with a working air conditioner. Room # 3 had such an overwhelming smell of mold/mildew that we turned around on the wet carpet and walked out- only to be told by the front desk clerk that the smell was from turning the air conditioner on. "They do that every time you turn the unit on". Ah, no. This was a cloyingly strong mildew smell.

Finally, four hours after we checked in, we got a room with an air conditioner that ran cold, only to find dirty dishes, used towels, and hairs in the tub. We were very tired, and just wanted a cold room, so accepted it - put the dishes and towels out, and began to settle in. The air conditioner shut off after 10 minutes, but we were too exhausted to care at that point, and went to bed. We did not sleep well- it was soooo hot.

The next day our room keys had been turned off, so when we came back to the hotel and tried to open the outside door and the door to the room we could not get in. Again, I had to trudge down to the lobby- (we were on the top floor in the farthest corner from the lobby) to have a problem taken care of. The same rude male desk clerk was there again, and blamed me for the keys not working, He told me the room key did not work because I had placed the key with a magnet- or at least with other cards. But both my and my husband's cards were not working- and each were placed in their own leather holder attached to our key rings. This guy had ridiculous excuse or blamed us for every thing that didn't work. I wish I had written down his name so I could send a letter to Sheraton.

We had pre-paid our room, so we were stuck staying there. We did try to make the best of it, but with no air conditioning, room keys not working, hairs in the tub, thin, thread-bare towels that were frayed on the sides and ends, a generally dirty room, and staff who went out of their way be to condescending and rude, it was impossible to enjoy our stay. There was a kind of sad collegiality among guests though. Once, when our keys were not working (again) my husband sat on the floor outside our room waiting for me to return with a working set of keys, and the guy next door said he had been through the same search for a clean room with a working air conditioner, and had actually been in our room for about 10 minutes until the air shut off. (Yet the staff, knowing this, put us in there without cleaning or telling us the air didn't work)

in and outside the hotel we ran into several couples who had the same problems we'd experienced. Keys that didn't work, mildew in the room, strange smells, non-working lamps, air conditioners, dirty tubs, dirty linens. The Manager and owner need to address this or stop duping guests with their overrated property. Priceline bidders beware!

The pool was disgusting- thick with black mold and mildew, and a rusty-looking filth. Though we were so hot, and looking forward to cooling off since the air con in our room did not work, We decided against going in- we were afraid of picking up some kind of fungus, skin disease. or more serious infection.

In my life I have never, ever had such a negative experience at a hotel. The hotel must be hurting, so much maintenance is deferred, customer service is nonexistent.

I would like my money back- sadly, I can never get my time spent in this nasty hotel back.

Room Tip: For a good room, choose another hotel. In my experience, and the experience of those guests I met...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear passportandgo,

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. I have read your review several times and reviewed with my entire team this morning. I was very surprised to find out that we failed so many times during your stay. We obviously did not meet your needs as a guest with us. Please contact me directly at the hotel so that I can process a refund thru priceline.

We here at the Fourpoints pride ourselves on excellent customer service and exceeding guest expecations. Again I was saddened to read your review and will work with my team to correct the problems you encountered.

I look forward to speaking personally with you,

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The room was decent but it was a bit outdated and needs a facelift. We had a few mechanical issues with the room but a building engineer took care of the problems promptly when called.

I enjoyed the late open sports bar in the hotel. Decent food.

Was nice being that close to the airport for our early morning MCI departure. Overall nothing special but satisfactory.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Charles_Stigger,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property. I was glad you notified us of the maintenance problems so that we had a chance to correct them. We pride ourselves in making sure we satisfy all of our guest needs.

We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you thru Kansas City,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Clearly the folks at Sheraton have not been to this property that bears their name...I just want to start at the pool situation. I stayed at this property on August 7th and it was over a 100 degrees outside. After work, all i wanted to do was jump in the water and cool down, should have taken a hint that something was terrible wrong when NO ONE was in the pool on such a hot day. Upon inspection, i found the pool with algae along the bottom in corners and in the middle it showed a rust color...which i found rather odd...none the less, i decided i did not want to take a chance and end up at the dr's for a skin issue. The room situation was worst. Room #1, on the 3rd floor had such an offensive odor it was unbelievable… I notified the front desk from a co-workers room & a worker in the hallway said the room should have been coded as “non-usable”. Room #2, the front desk person came up with a key to the room across the hall, open door…my lungs went into shut down mode from the moldy smell…ok, nope I can’t stay in there either. Well finally, room #3, 1 floor up was clean, with no smell. The rooms are in BAD NEED of a Sheraton UPDATE!!! On a good note, at least the front desk fixed it, and the restaurant & shuttle service were pretty good. Would recommend that the hotel visit the pool issues before someone comes down with a skin rash or worst from sticking any body part in that pool water...icky water.

Room Tip: try to stay off the 3rd floor...i think it is reserved for airline crews. The rooms are outdated an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear dana c,

Thank you for your recent stay and comments. We obviously did not meet or exceed your expectations in regards to our pool and initial guest rooms. I have shared your comments with my maintenance team, especially in regards to your pool experience. We do have a spacious outdoor pool which we perform daily maintenance and usually receive great comments on. I do apologize for your experience and please contact me directly at the hotel to further discuss your stay.

Thanks again and I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you to further discuss your stay.

Brad Verkamp

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!