“Perfect Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Perfect Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Fabulous!

I stayed two nights, but wish it could have been longer!

The service is top notch. Large, comfortable rooms and I could have stayed in the bed all day.

I've found my new favorite hotel in KC!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future!

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
edinburgh scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed 3 nights here recently,a great friendly hotel.Super staff,lovely rooms they even have a Cadillac to take you anywhere within 5 miles and bring you back,for free!
Micheal the manager is a gem.Great restaurants nearby down at Union Station

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you! I'll be sure to let my staff know about your review. We love that you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle and top notch service. All of us here at the Ambassador would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Kansas City!
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

It is located right by the Kansas City Power and Light District and just north of the Sprint Center. It was an old bank that was totally gutted and made into a hotel. The furnishings in my room although modern just blended well with the architecture of the building. There were modern fixtures for the bath with a sink and lighted make-up mirror in an alcove of the bedroom. The toilet and shower were in a room with a door that closed for privacy. It was well lit and nice tile, glass shower door, and good ventilation. As another poster already mentioned and also on the downside for me was that the fan for the airconditioning in the room ran all night long. It was either that or turn the air off which I decided would make the room too warm, so I listened to the fan run all night. I was in a King room that had west facing windows, and the curtains did darken the room, so I was not bothered by lights from the street. Even though it was the downtown area, I didn't hear noise or sirens except once during the night although I admit my stay was not during a weekend or a major event in the area. There was a small gated parking lot just to the south of the building (additional fee but well worth it since parking is prime in that area). I was working a couple blocks from there and did not feel the least bit uncomfortable even though I was by myself for this business trip. There was a nice restaurant in the lobby area and entrance to the hotel, and I noticed there were locals that came in to enjoy the Happy Hour after work which I always think is a positive for a hotel property. I believe the same owner renovated buildings in Tulsa, OK and Wichita, KS so check out the website if you are interested in further information.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review. The Ambassador KC has one of the best locations in the downtown area, just two blocks north of both the Sprint Center and the Power and Light District, making exciting attractions within walking distance. We also have a complimentary shuttle that will take you to any attraction within 5 miles of the property! We do also have properties in Tulsa, OK, Wichita, KS, and have started construction in Oklahoma City, OK! There are lots of exciting things happening here at the Ambassador, and we cant thank you enough for staying with us! We hope to see you again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here for a week on a work trip.

Pros - The hotel and atmosphere is really cool. The snack bar in the room is a nice touch. The rooms are very nice and larger than I would think for a boutique hotel. The bartenders were very courteous. You can't beat the location. You can walk to the Power and Light District and all it has to offer. The area is also nice enough to run outside.

Cons - The ventilation in the room was weird. Everything was very dry and really messed up my sinuses. That led to not a very good sleep experience. The air in my room would not stay on unless I kept the fan on all the time. The fan was extremely loud, also making it hard to sleep.

I ordered breakfast room service one morning. My order was wrong the first time so I called room service and sent it back. They brought another order up, which was wrong again. The third time they got it right, but they still charged me the standard gratuity and didn't seem too concerned. The food was cold when I finally got to eat it. Its really frustrating to have gratuity tacked on to your bill when it obviously didn't deserve the 15%-20% (I don't remember exactly) that they add automatically.

I didn't have much interaction with the front desk, but the lady who checked me out after my stay was exceptionally friendly.

Overall, I would probably give it another shot if I have to stay in the area again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Visited the Ambassador twice - After a long flight its a nice place to relax and have a drink. The bar is excellent, the restaurant is OK - could use some work but not bad at all. Fantastic rooms, great service. Near the power and light district but thats over rated anyway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Ambassador KC. Guests will find some new changes inside Reserve Restaurant within the next few weeks, Chef Shaun Brady will be revealing new entrees and making some changes to the menus. The bar inside Reserve is a favorite among our guests, as well has Happy Hour that runs Monday-Friday from 5:00pm-7:00pm. We hope you choose the Ambassador on your next trip to Kansas City!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had the good fortune of staying at the Ambassador in KC. When I made the reservations the staff was very helpful. We ended up staying upon our arrival and upon our return we choose to stay again. The room we originally wanted upon our return was not available but the staff worked hard to make the needed arrangements and changed our room for the remainder of our stay which added to the convenience. The facility is beautiful with very fine and decorative finishes. The room and bath were large and luxurious. The housekeeping and staff were excellent. They offered complimentary water and coffee in the room. We were also offered car service to drop us off and pick us up for our dinner reservation. We had a car and the hotel offered free parking. They also offered chocolate chip cookies and lemonade in the lobby in the afternoon. We have traveled extensively and found the Ambassador to now be at the top of our list for accommodations. When visiting KC make sure to stay at the Ambassador - Downtown.

Room Tip: Call and speak to the front desk if you have any questions.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our staff is committed to providing the best guest service possible and I am delighted to hear that you were able to experience their hard work! I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed a few of our excellent amenities including complimentary bottled water and coffee, and our complimentary transportation service that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius! Thank you for choosing the Ambassador KC and we hope to see you again in the future!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Best description of this hotel is that you don't feel like you are in KC. Cool lobby, cool reception desk, cool bar, cool staff, cool music upon return from Justice Drug. Cool. Room was great with appropriate noise of being downtown. Pricey but worth it to get away from regular KC. Spend the money and you won't regret it.

• Stayed June 2013
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Ambassador Hotel Kansas City. We are delighted that you enjoyed our luxurious guests rooms and beautiful bar inside Reserve restaurant. Providing the best possible experience for all of our guests is very important to the staff here at the Ambassador and we thank you for your comments, we hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City? Share your experiences!