“Loved this KC Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Loved this KC Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was really impressed & enjoyed my stay here. I really think this is KC's best downtown hotel. The entry was beautiful- mixing the old architecture with the new trendy. I really liked the colors, furniture & design of this place overall- nice! The room decor is also impressive- it is chic, cozy, stylish & comfy. In my opinion, it was the perfect hotel room. I love the big bathrooms with large stone showers & great mirrors. Again, well done.
I ordered room service a few times during my stay & was continually impressed. Room service that is as good as the quality in the actual restaurant? Yes- here it was. Great quality food, different dishes (not the typical room service menu), and really fast too.
The staff was very responsive as well. When I checked in I requested a quiet room- I needed some restful sleep. When I got the the room there were people partying in the room (rooms?) next to me & around me. I just couldn't do it, so asked to move & they were happily accommodating. I moved to the last room available for the night only to get in to hear a couple being loud with their love making. At this point I knew there were no other rooms & assumed they could not last at that level for too long, so just put on ear phones. I really think that there must be some sound issues in the rooms, so that would be my only negative. Again, the staff was accommodating, but there is only so much they can do if the sound carries so strongly throughout the hotel walls.
The last nice thing that I will mention is that they offer a free valet service. It was a nice way to get across town & a nice addition to my stay.
The Ambassador will be first on my recommendation list to those coming to KC- well done!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for such a great review, I will be sure to share your nice comments with the entire team. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary car service, we look forward to seeing you again very soon

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful small boutique hotel.  Its very chic and trendy.  Its like a W hotel without all the stuck up ness that comes with the W brand, and a third of the price.  Beautiful big rooms.  Large walk in shower.  With room for more than one ;)  Very modern as well.  Staff was polite and friendly.  My ONLY compliant is they advertised 24 hour room service, yet when I tried to order room service at around 10pm, I was told the kitchen was closed. And no food was available. Even thou the menu was full service till 11pm. And a limited menu after 11. They were still closed for food all together.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for posting your review and for the great comments about our hotel and our staff. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. Please allow me to apologize for the confusion regarding the restaurant and our room service hours. We do indeed have 24 hour room service with a limited menu after 11pm I have shared your comments with our culinary team and we have taken the necessary steps to ensure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again very soon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a rare find in KC! The hotel is beautiful, clean with modern upscale decor. It is in an accessible location to the sprint center and power & light district. Staff is very friendly but they don't communicate very well. We had the normal $7 glass of champagne at the lobby bar and when we ordered the same bottle of champagne to our room they tried to charge us $144.00! Really... Other than that it is a really nice place and would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for posting this review about your recent stay. We appreciate all of your nice comments regarding the hotel and the staff. We have addressed your concern regarding the charge, you are correct, this was a mistake. I hope you are able to stay with us again next time you are in town.
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place was great. Clean, new, fresh, cool boutiquey style, great room, great bed, nice luxury touches (all granite shower... sweet). Nice little bar/restaurant in the lobby, but tons of other options with P&L right across the street. Private parking lot right outside hotel. I've tried 4 or 5 different hotels in the Downtown/Convention Center area, this one was the best by far.

• Stayed August 2012
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. As you mentioned we have the perfect location and a great bar and restaurant as well as our over sized all granite showers. We always enjoy reading these type of reviews and we are pleased when we can exceed our guests expectations. I hope you do stay with us again next time you are in Kansas City.
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Everything about this hotel is perfect. A soothing, beautiful foyer gives way to an equally beautiful bar and restaurant. The rooms are huge, in soothing grey and white. Our room with 2 queen beds also had 2 full sinks/vanities in the large bathroom. A huge shower is wonderful. Free cookies and coffee in lobby. Hotel also offers a complimentary car service within a five mile radius. I loved our stay here and would come back anytime. Service complements the wonderful rooms and decor. And it was only $159 a night. Sheer perfection

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for posting this review about your experience at the Ambassador Hotel Kansas City. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful hotel. Our double queen rooms are perfect for families including the double vanities and over sized bathrooms. I will be happy to share your comments regarding our service with my team, we always appreciate hearing positive feedback. I hope you are able to stay with us again when you visit Kansas City in the future.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Good hotel. Good and central location, staff was friendly and competent, cookies were great, internet was free and fast, room was nicely decorated, bed was comfortable, local courtesy car is a great amenity. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip to KC.

One minor issue: Very dry rooms, no humidity. Their forced air heat system really does a job on your sinuses. I ran the shower for an hour before I went to bed, that helped.

Room Tip: Probably all very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We are always so happy when our guests enjoy their visit, I will be sharing your comments with my team. As you pointed out we have a great location, courtesy transportation, complimentary wifi and a great staff. I hope you are able to stay with us again in the future, if so we would be happy to place a humidifier in your room during the stay. Thank you for taking time to post this review.
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked a shopping package with the hotel website directly. When we arrived the woman working at the front desk looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about some of the things that came with the package we booked. We were to have free parking (which she charged us for after I told her and had to be corrected the next day at checkout), two complimentary drinks at the bar (no problem with that, the bartender was great), free transportation to the plaza (we could not utilize this because two other couples had already monopolized the driver's entire night), and a $25 plaza gift certificate (which no one knew anything about, so they sent someone out to get us a visa gc from a gas station I guess and we had to check back with them a couple of times to get it). The room we were given was very small and there was even some trash behind the headboard. Noise was also an issue, not soundproof at all. It's a nice place with lots of potential but I feel like the staff were a little immature and not well trained. The bartender and chef from the restaurant were excellent though and able to recommend some places to visit downtown.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay, let me apologize for the poor experience you had when you were here, this certainly is not the type of service we pride ourselves on delivering. I have shared your concerns and comments with my team and we have taken the necessary steps to correct the issues. If you have the opportunity to stay with us again please let me know.

Been to Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City? Share your experiences!