“Boutique hotel a true gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   1111 Grand Boulevard, Kansas City, MO 64106   |
Ranked #2 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Plantation, Florida
“Boutique hotel a true gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Everything about this hotel is perfect. A soothing, beautiful foyer gives way to an equally beautiful bar and restaurant. The rooms are huge, in soothing grey and white. Our room with 2 queen beds also had 2 full sinks/vanities in the large bathroom. A huge shower is wonderful. Free cookies and coffee in lobby. Hotel also offers a complimentary car service within a five mile radius. I loved our stay here and would come back anytime. Service complements the wonderful rooms and decor. And it was only $159 a night. Sheer perfection

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for posting this review about your experience at the Ambassador Hotel Kansas City. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful hotel. Our double queen rooms are perfect for families including the double vanities and over sized bathrooms. I will be happy to share your comments regarding our service with my team, we always appreciate hearing positive feedback. I hope you are able to stay with us again when you visit Kansas City in the future.

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Good hotel. Good and central location, staff was friendly and competent, cookies were great, internet was free and fast, room was nicely decorated, bed was comfortable, local courtesy car is a great amenity. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip to KC.

One minor issue: Very dry rooms, no humidity. Their forced air heat system really does a job on your sinuses. I ran the shower for an hour before I went to bed, that helped.

Room Tip: Probably all very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We are always so happy when our guests enjoy their visit, I will be sharing your comments with my team. As you pointed out we have a great location, courtesy transportation, complimentary wifi and a great staff. I hope you are able to stay with us again in the future, if so we would be happy to place a humidifier in your room during the stay. Thank you for taking time to post this review.
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked a shopping package with the hotel website directly. When we arrived the woman working at the front desk looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about some of the things that came with the package we booked. We were to have free parking (which she charged us for after I told her and had to be corrected the next day at checkout), two complimentary drinks at the bar (no problem with that, the bartender was great), free transportation to the plaza (we could not utilize this because two other couples had already monopolized the driver's entire night), and a $25 plaza gift certificate (which no one knew anything about, so they sent someone out to get us a visa gc from a gas station I guess and we had to check back with them a couple of times to get it). The room we were given was very small and there was even some trash behind the headboard. Noise was also an issue, not soundproof at all. It's a nice place with lots of potential but I feel like the staff were a little immature and not well trained. The bartender and chef from the restaurant were excellent though and able to recommend some places to visit downtown.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay, let me apologize for the poor experience you had when you were here, this certainly is not the type of service we pride ourselves on delivering. I have shared your concerns and comments with my team and we have taken the necessary steps to correct the issues. If you have the opportunity to stay with us again please let me know.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

This was the perfect place to stay-close to restaurants and bars downtown. Inside was pristine. Joe helped us out all night- catered to all of our questions. He was so welcoming and allowed our dog to stay. It is the perfect place for anyone to stop through for any occasion.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I have shared your kind comments with my team and specifically with Joe. I am pleased you were able to have your dog stay with you during your visit. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I visited KC for a fun stay on New Years Eve. We got back to the hotel at 1. They have a fun night time crew and huge rooms. The room we stayed in was great for my friends because it had two beds and two sinks. The hotel was close to the Power District. We have recommended this hotel to others for the NCAA games in the spring

• Stayed December 2012
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and that you spent NYE with us at the Ambassador Hotel. Thank you for recommending us to others, we appreciate the endorsement! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.
Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here on New Year's Eve 2012. Booked the corner King room for an extra $15 per night. The arrival and check in was a little challenging due to limited parking space in front of the hotel. The parking lot is right next to the hotel and easily accessible, but you need your room key to get into the lot. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful, to the point of lending my wife a can of hairspray. The room was spacious and well decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the bath robes were especially pleasant. The hotel was very peaceful and quiet even though it was New Year's eve and there were a lot of people staying there. Room service was prompt. The hotel offered to drive us to dinner, but my wife and I decided to walk. The Power and Light District was easily within walking distance. Overall, this is an outstanding hotel in a good location to Kansas City nightlife. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I felt the extra cash for the corner room turned out to be worth it. I looked in a few of the other...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for posting this review about your recent stay with us on New Years Eve. We are very happy that you enjoyed your visit and I am pleased that you found the hotels service and amenities to your liking. As you pointed out we are in a great location with close proximity to the Sprint Center as well as the Power and Light District. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future. On behalf of the entire team we wish you a very Happy New Year!
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

love love the colors and textures!! matte black carpet, white leather, cow print pillows, marble floors, natural light from large window, chartreuse lit bar. eye candy. overnight parking available ($16), but no temp parking for registering. housekeeping was very friendly and helpful (more than concierge, who were lukewarm). cons: no bath tub just shower. rain shower head but low water pressure. i would give it five stars, but they have minimal amenities, just a bar & restaurant. remote was out of batteries, so it was a national geo marathon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the Ambassador Hotel. I appreciate your feedback and wish to apologize for the water pressure and the remote. I have discussed these comments with our maintenance team and the issues have been resolved. We look forward to you returning the next time you visit KC.

Been to Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City? Share your experiences!