“Classy, affordable, with accessible, personable service” 5 of 5 stars

You added Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City to your Saves list
Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   1111 Grand Boulevard, Kansas City, MO 64106   |
Ranked #2 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
“Classy, affordable, with accessible, personable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

This was the perfect place to stay-close to restaurants and bars downtown. Inside was pristine. Joe helped us out all night- catered to all of our questions. He was so welcoming and allowed our dog to stay. It is the perfect place for anyone to stop through for any occasion.

• Stayed January 2013
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I have shared your kind comments with my team and specifically with Joe. I am pleased you were able to have your dog stay with you during your visit. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I visited KC for a fun stay on New Years Eve. We got back to the hotel at 1. They have a fun night time crew and huge rooms. The room we stayed in was great for my friends because it had two beds and two sinks. The hotel was close to the Power District. We have recommended this hotel to others for the NCAA games in the spring

• Stayed December 2012
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and that you spent NYE with us at the Ambassador Hotel. Thank you for recommending us to others, we appreciate the endorsement! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.
Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here on New Year's Eve 2012. Booked the corner King room for an extra $15 per night. The arrival and check in was a little challenging due to limited parking space in front of the hotel. The parking lot is right next to the hotel and easily accessible, but you need your room key to get into the lot. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful, to the point of lending my wife a can of hairspray. The room was spacious and well decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the bath robes were especially pleasant. The hotel was very peaceful and quiet even though it was New Year's eve and there were a lot of people staying there. Room service was prompt. The hotel offered to drive us to dinner, but my wife and I decided to walk. The Power and Light District was easily within walking distance. Overall, this is an outstanding hotel in a good location to Kansas City nightlife. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I felt the extra cash for the corner room turned out to be worth it. I looked in a few of the other...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for posting this review about your recent stay with us on New Years Eve. We are very happy that you enjoyed your visit and I am pleased that you found the hotels service and amenities to your liking. As you pointed out we are in a great location with close proximity to the Sprint Center as well as the Power and Light District. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future. On behalf of the entire team we wish you a very Happy New Year!
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

love love the colors and textures!! matte black carpet, white leather, cow print pillows, marble floors, natural light from large window, chartreuse lit bar. eye candy. overnight parking available ($16), but no temp parking for registering. housekeeping was very friendly and helpful (more than concierge, who were lukewarm). cons: no bath tub just shower. rain shower head but low water pressure. i would give it five stars, but they have minimal amenities, just a bar & restaurant. remote was out of batteries, so it was a national geo marathon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the Ambassador Hotel. I appreciate your feedback and wish to apologize for the water pressure and the remote. I have discussed these comments with our maintenance team and the issues have been resolved. We look forward to you returning the next time you visit KC.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel had wonderful service,, the room design && decor simply amazing! I will definitely be sure to stay here on my next trip down! I enjoyed my stay! The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful when needed. The room setup..... wow! Love the colors and everything about it!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your great review of the Ambassador Kansas City. We are always very pleased when we hear comments like yours and especially that you plan to return the next time you visit KC!
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My fiance and I chose this hotel based on actually the tripadvisor reviews! So glad we did. The pictures are 100% accurate. This is a SMALL BOUTIQUE hotel, it has 43 rooms a restaurant/bar lounge and fitness center. It was nice staying in a small quaint and classy boutique. For being a small boutiqe hotel it sure does deliver big shoes and fills them! As you walk in you are greeting by a gorgeous Christmas tree - then there is a beautiful path to the bar.restaurant and lounge - on your right is check in - and then to the check in desk right is a cute little nook with a sitting area and offering cider coffe and cookies. The restaurant is very chic with great food. This hotel also has room service. As we got in the elevator the elevator is so cute and modern - We had a corner suite and it was a good size! Had a kuerig coffee maker - complimentarybottled water a refrigerator - Gilchrist and Somes toilietries (my fav) - the bed was nice and comfy and the lay out was wonderful - They have complimentary escalade - However, we chose to use Moses - who has a lovely lincoln town car. He drove us around for the weekend. He really took care of us. He is so sweet. We really enjoyed him taking care of us. So if you are looking for a driver book MOSES! He books up pretty quick so I would recommend booking him ahead of time. We had breakfast room service every morning and it was great and fresh. We ate at Jack Stack both at Plaza and by the hotel - We also ate at the Reserve which is the hotel restaurant. Very great. Nice chic atmosphere - The decor and architecture through out the hotel were so beautiful and I loved the marble through out the hotel. After the end of our days we ended each night hanging out the bar hanging out with the bartender Cody, Tony, and Geoff. It was lovely. The cheese platter is great - I felt everyone was accomadating. We will definately use this hotel as our place each year to enjoy our long weekend holiday vacay! Thanks Ambassador for giving us an amazing weekend to remember!

As for the other negative comments I read and looked out for what they said when at the hotel. This is my opinion.

The hotel is hurting financially - I think that is a very messed up and very inaccurate statement - I won't even comment on that comment further. EWW who writes that?!

The menu is bad -Absolutely NOT - Yes - there are few menu options but this is a SMALL boutique hotel. The options are yummy and if you request something they can make it. Could they add another item or two? sure - but I found the menu fine and accomadating.

The 5th floor is a party floor. UM WHAT?! First of all there are 43 rooms all together - we stayed on the 5th floor the whole weekend. There aren't many rooms on that floor at all. The rooms are so big you cant hear. Friday night - there was some partying going on and music but at like midnight you couldn't hear anything. I do not want people to think that the guest here are sloppy because every guest we encountered were classy affluent friendly people. We came for the game as did others. I was just confused on that comment because the hotel is so small. I am sure if you had a problem Michael would have fixed your room right away.

Ambassador is a classy hotel. Try it! Email me for questions about this hotel and things to do.

Room Tip: corner king you only have one room next to you
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay, we are always so pleased when our guests are able to experience all the great things our hotel and Kansas City have to offer. I was sure to share all of your wonderful comments with the team, it gives us all great satisfaction to read such a nice review. Please let me know next time you plan to visit the Ambassador Kansas City.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I visited this hotel for the first time and found it very clean, comfortable, and friendly. All of the staff are welcoming and pleasant. However, in my 13 years of 100% weekly travel and in the past 7 years some occassional business trips, I have never had service like Joe at the front desk provided on my first night. My two co-workers and I arrived very late and nothing was open for dinner. Joe provided menu's, hotel address for delivery, and contact information for a pizza place. The pizza place wasn't answering at 2 AM during the week even know they were supposed to be open until 3. Joe said, "Let me go back in the kitchen and make you guys some sandwiches; What would you like?" He had absolutely no obligation to do this. He really helped us out as we were starving and there was literally nothing open (believe me, we searched ourselves first). Joe is the kind of employee that makes the hotel. Beside being completed committed to his job, you can tell he just geniunely cares about people. Thanks Joe! When I'm back in KC, Ambassador is my place now.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to write a review, we are very proud of our team and the outstanding guest service they provide. Joe is one of our great team members and I very pleased he was able to make such an outstanding impression. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Kansas City.

Been to Ambassador Hotel Downtown Kansas City? Share your experiences!