“This is where I would stay with a family in KC.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #33 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Davis, California
“This is where I would stay with a family in KC.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The location and rooms of this hotel are ideal for taking a family to KC. It is in walking distance to the Plaza and the Art Museum (which also has a big scuplture park and lots to explore for small kids). And the suites have seperate bedrooms and gallary kitchens. The layout is a little different if you are acustomed to Residence inns, but I liked it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel provided MUCH MORE than I expected. The "room" we stayed in was actually three rooms - a large bedroom plus a living area with comfortable seating and fireplace, and a kitchen with all appliances and marble counter-tops. Seriously, I wanted to move in.

The property is a very short walk from the main attractions of the Country Club Plaza, has free parking in a covered garage (the other Marriott property up the street had, if I'm recalling correctly, an $18/night parking fee, and this was actually the decision point for me between the two but that property is also a bit further to the Plaza), a nice-enough fitness room, and free breakfast every morning. There is a nice little "store" near the front desk complete with a decent selection of wine and beer, and the desk staff could not have been nicer or more responsive.

Honestly, it was so pleasant I considered seriously extending my stay, and decided against it only for fear of hurting the feelings of some of my relatives who were expecting me. The only other hotel experience so pleasant I was enticed me to stay extra days was The Graves in Minneapolis.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are marvelous. I don't know about the rest of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed on the Country Club Plaza in the middle of the week and thought there would be no problem finding a room. We usually stay at the Raphael, but it was full, so I called the Residence Inn after reading the reviews. We will definitely be returning. (It was race weekend at the Speedway).

The front desk clerk did an outstanding job and was very friendly and informative. She made us feel very welcomed. As mentioned in other reviews, parking is complimentary and right next door so that was a huge plus. The Residence Inn is a very short walk to the Plaza with all the great shopping and restaurants. It is also close to the park with the big fountain with a wonderful, well-kept walking trail.

We were given a corner room on the 5th floor -- very spacious, clean, quiet, with a great bed. We could not partake of the complimentary, evening Italian meal as we had reservations at Starker's Restaurant (delightful!), but if one were there on a business trip, this would certainly be a convenient and resourceful place for dinner. Breakfast was very tasty, with a large variety, and the breakfast/supper room was quite large and comfy. You won't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

If you're wanting a home away from home while traveling for business this is the place. Perfect for a few nights or long term stays. Rooms have bedroom, living area and kitchen. Like a small apartment. Free breakfast daily (including hot items like eggs, meat, and waffles) and I absolutely love the Managers reception Mon-Wed evenings. This isn't just cheese and crackers , this is delicious, homemade food. Craig and the staff are absolutely amazing. He even makes sure that there is always a vegetarian option and makes something yummy for dessert. We could stay anywhere while on business travel but my coworkers and I stay here for the hospitality and warm welcome you get here. Free wifi makes it easy for you to work after hours if needed. The rooms are always clean and are well appointed. The free parking is nice too and that's a perk on the Country Club plaza as most hotels charge.

Room Tip: *If you're wanting a full stove instead of just a cooktop ask for an outside room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here one night while in KC for a wedding. It was very nice...an older building...but well kept. We had a suite where we could park right outside the door which was very convenient. Furnishings were nice...2 tv's, small kitchen with full size stove and oven, refrigerator, microwave, etc You could easily stay here a week and fix your own meals if necessary. We had a great breakfast buffet...free by the way...it had everything...waffles, scrambled eggs, cereal, yogart, bagels, sausage,fruit, juice, coffee and probably many items I didn't see. And items were resupplied quickly when they were running low.
Parking, I might add, was free. Now some of our friends who also were going to this wedding and they stayed in the Mariott Courtyard about a block away.(same price) Well, their breakfast was NOT free and parking was $15 a night. And they just had a hotel room, not a suite.
If you're going to stay near the Plaza, this was the place to get more for your money.

Room Tip: Small fountain and sitting area around in the back if you like to spent time outdoors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just as in real estate deals, location is very important in traveling to certain places. The Residence Inn at County Club Plaza in KC is in a perfect location for walking to the shops and restaurants to the south and for walking to the Nichols fountain and Nelson-Atkins museum to the east. Since this is a suite hotel the rooms are quite spacious and have small kitchens as well. The TV's are new and the complimentary wi-fi is great. This hotel serves one of the better breakfasts I've had in a while too. Good job to the chefs! The people I spoke to at the front desk were helpful and attentive to my needs. This property also has complimentary garage parking. The only thing I can mention as a downside is my room was noisy at night when other guests were in their rooms. I was on the 1st floor and I could hear the guests just above me walking around their room. All this being said I will definitely stay at this property again on a return visit to KC. Even if your business is in other parts of the city or outside the city this location makes a good home base and the proximity to the Plaza is great! Thanks to everyone at the Residence Inn, Country Club Plaza for making my stay so pleasant!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
O'fallon, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great location , one block from Country Club Plaza which is why we were there. Easy parking in the garage. Large room, very comfortable bed and friendly staff. I was hoping for biscuits and gravy for breakfast since I had read a review that stated they were good and we must of been there on the egg and sausage day but that really was my only compliant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Kansas City Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!