“New & looking Good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9550 NW Polo Drive, Intersection I-29 Tiffany Springs Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Houston, Texas
“New & looking Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a New Hotel, and I was very impressed. The Front Desk Staff was Friendly, helpful, and professional.

Large rooms with Microwave, Fridge, and flat screen HD TV’s with about 50 channels. Quiet AC/Heat. Standard size work desk which was well lit, with convenient outlets. The rooms are nicely decorated, and have a nice “Homey” feel. The free internet connection was fast & reliable.

Beds were fantastic. Clean and comfortable, and the rooms are quiet.

Large bathroom with good water pressure, but the hot water is waaaay too hot!!!.

Because everything is new, there’s not much wrong with anything. It was a very pleasant stay.

The Free Breakfast was usual HIE selection. Hot & Cold items that looked great. The only drawback was that it was usually late every morning, so I had to skip it in order to get to work on time.

Nothing much around the Hotel except a Gas Station/convenience store next door, so driving will be necessary to find a restaurant near-by.

Room Tip: Mostly all rooms are quiet since the Hotel is in a slightly isolated area. No traffic at all.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Daniel F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Jim,

Thank you for your honest feedback, we always look for ways to improve upon and will take your honest feedback and learn from them.

Thank You and hope to see you in the future!

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stay at this Holiday Inn Express whenever we are in the area. This time I took my mom & sister. They both agreed that this is one of the best HI Express hotels they are ever stayed in. Newton, at the front desk, was awesome with room selection. He gave superior service. The breakfast was first rate again. And the rooms were clean & comfortable. Construction getting to the hotel was our only problem.

Room Tip: On second floors...odd number rooms by the interstate and roads, even fast parking lot
Pete,

Thank you for your feedback! Newton has been with us since the hotel opened in September 2012, and is a valuable asset to the hotel as well as the entire staff here.

Hopefully the construction is completed by Fall of next year!

See you in the future!
Bayfield, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We chose this hotel as it was close to the location for our son's wedding (Hawthorne House, Parkville, MO). They offered shuttle service to and from the airport, to our venue on the day of the wedding, as well as shuttle service to Zona Rosa Shopping Center (outdoor plaza with great shopping and restaurants). The hotel itself has been recently remodeled, offered a great breakfast option each morning. Rooms are comfortable and nicely appointed. Only a few miles from the airport and directly off the freeway, it is in a nice centralized location. Hotel staff was extremely accommodating and they did a great job offering a great group rate for the wedding party and guests. Would highly recommend.

Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is completely remodeled. It is the nicest hotel I've stayed at in years-better than the Hilton properties and Comfort Inns and Suites I've stayed in. The reason I didn't give excellent is because there was some dust on the furniture and a few hairs in the bathroom. I got a double queen room and everything was very new and updated. We were very comfortable, it was quiet and there is a great complementary breakfast. My daughter said the cinnamon rolls were really good. Only thing I would change is to put an exhaust fan in the bathroom. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express must be a fairly new one, very modern and very clean - We stayed at the Drury Inn before flying out the week before but Holiday Inn gave me a better price so we choose to stay there. So glad we did other than I asked and was told I was booking a room with 2 queen beds - our flight was delayed and was going to be late getting there so I called to let them know, the girls says we have overbooked and have upgraded you to a suite with a king bed and pullout sofa. Well that was nice but it really wasn't an upgrade - there was myself, my 18 year old daughter and 14 year old daughter and we really could have been more comfortable in 2 queen size beds. And by the time we all three got luggage in the room and pulled out the sofa bed there really was no room to move around. So to me that wasn't really an upgrade. But since we didn't arrive to the hotel until 3:00 am due to flight delays I didn't complain much. They have a breakfast and other than Drury offering the night time snacks we would probably stay again but when we can get breakfast and really dinner at Drury it makes it hard to stay somewhere else. BUT with that being said I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: One side is on the highway side so I would suggest asking for rooms on the opposite side.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night during a road trip. I selected the property because of its location to 1-29 and because it had queen beds. The hotel is new. It is clean. The staff is very friendly. The decor is a little trendy. I cant help but to believe it will be dated in 5-10 years.

Altoona, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is top notch. The service was excellent, always very very courteous and helpful. As well, the rooms are very clean, new and modern. Also, the rooms are very quiet. The breakfast is ok, about what you would expect for a Holiday Inn. I would come back and stay again as it is very nice and very clean. Also it is relatively close to all the attractions.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!