“convenient access to 1-29 and very clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9550 NW Polo Drive, Intersection I-29 Tiffany Springs Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“convenient access to 1-29 and very clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night during a road trip. I selected the property because of its location to 1-29 and because it had queen beds. The hotel is new. It is clean. The staff is very friendly. The decor is a little trendy. I cant help but to believe it will be dated in 5-10 years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Altoona, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is top notch. The service was excellent, always very very courteous and helpful. As well, the rooms are very clean, new and modern. Also, the rooms are very quiet. The breakfast is ok, about what you would expect for a Holiday Inn. I would come back and stay again as it is very nice and very clean. Also it is relatively close to all the attractions.

• Stayed June 2013
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here this past week for three nights and was impressed by the cleanliness and service. It was in a safe area, on the out skirts of the city, but close to shopping and restaurants. While we were in Kansas City we visited Crown Center/Union Station and a few other museums, all attractions were about a 20-25 minute drive from the hotel. While we could of been closer to downtown, it was fine, the traffic was never bad and we traveled throughout the day from 9am until about 7pm. The staff was friendly and attended to every request and question. During the week there were mostly business people there, all three afternoon/evenings when I took my kids swimming, we were the only ones in the pool. On Friday night, there were a few more families, but not many. We were on the fourth floor, had no problem with noise or the air conditioner, both big pluses for me. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was amazed at the quality finishes of this moderately priced hotel. Yes, I knew going in that it would have a good breakfast, but from the lobby entrance to the room interiors, this location is stunningly decorated in modern colors and fixtures. The newly carpeted and papered halls and the bathroom with its sparkling white quartz sink and ultra modern faucet were much more than I expected! Bed and bedding were of superior quality and the room has the refrigerator I required. I was given the quiet room I requested and my service animal and I had a restful night. Absolutely NO negatives to speak of on this HIE!!

Room Tip: As with any hotel, I always ask for a quiet room away from elevators, ice machine and on the opposit...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I always appreciate the attention to service and cleanliness the Holiday Inn Express brand offers, but this location exceeded expectations. The location was great, close to restaurants and shopping at the Zona Rosa. As well, the fresh style and über clean rooms made me want to extend my families stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had reserved my room in advance for two nights at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites near the Kansas City airport but at the last minute they were able to accommodate changes in my plans and add one additional day to each end of my reservation. I was pleased they were able to do so particularly since it was Memorial Day weekend. I had stayed here the previous October and had a good first impression so knew this hotel would be a fine choice. I was greeted by a professional and friendly young man who efficiently completed the check in process and offered me a bottle of water as a Priority Club member. He advised me the complimentary breakfast was offered from 6:00 to 9:30 am. and reminded me of the energy efficient room key process which requires the key to be in the slot inside the door to allow the function of lights within the room. The entryway of the room and the bathroom is tiled providing a contemporary design to the room. The newness of the hotel is still evident and the patterned carpet enhances the modern appeal of the hotel. The double queen room also held a very unique styled chair, a small rolling table, a desk and chair, and an armoire type piece that held the flat screen TV, the microwave, the mini fridge which was concealed behind a door, and a slide out coffee maker with supplies. I did utilize the one-cup coffee maker (since it was NOT located in the bathroom!) and it was of fine quality. Not the Starbucks I brew at home but very good just the same. Lighting was more than adequate and the large window had sheers and a room darkening inner curtain. I was in room 402 and had a view of a field and a small retention pond and part of the parking lot. Probably one of the better views since the opposite side of the hall would be facing the interstate. I appreciated the generous quantity of electrical outlets and closet hangers. I am certain it is economical, but I do miss actual glasses and coffee cups when I am staying in certain hotels. The air conditioning unit worked very well and is easy to adjust. The first morning, I was awakened by some hall noise as housekeeping was working across the hall so I decided to leave the a/c fan on the other nights for white noise. It worked well allowing me to get some much needed sleep. I often have back discomfort when sleeping on strange beds and this was true to course at HIX. I can't say the beds were the problem because I have this occur at other places. The bedding and linens were of good quality and quantity and the usual bathroom amenities were present. The complimentary breakfast area and front lobby are very modern and airy with unique furnishings that I appreciated. The hotel is still fairly new which is always enjoyable. The breakfast offered many of the usual choices which should meet the needs of just about everyone. Nothing too spectacular but adequate just the same. The egg option varied each day. One day there was a small pre-made omelet like item and another day it was a chunky looking scrambled eggs. Other protein choices included peanut butter near the bread & muffin tray and sausage patties. There was also biscuits and gravy that I did not taste. There were always hard boiled eggs in the fridge with the milks and yogurts. There was a waffle maker I believe and the very tasty HIX cinnamon rolls. There was a cold cereal dispenser and instant oatmeal packets along with fresh apples and bananas. And various coffee, tea and juice options. The staff seemed to be active in their tasks whenever I passed by but always took time to recognize me and offer a friendly greeting. I did not utilize the laundry, swimming or exercise facilities but did use the computer station in the front lobby to print off some information. I wondered if the elevator could be heard in the nearby rooms. It has really loud 'pings' when you make your floor choice but I stayed at the end of a hall so didn't notice. I did notice that the elevators are larger than many and I appreciated the fact that an entire family with all of their luggage could fit easily inside the elevator. This hotel is close the the airport but is also convenient for anyone with business near the north end since it is just off I-29 at Tiffany Springs and one can easily access Barry Rd. and the Zona Rosa shopping/restaurants (Bravo's Cucina Italiano, Smokehouse BBQ, Noodles, Hereford House, etc). There are also several restaurants near the hotel (NOT within walking distance) Ruby Tuesday's, Luna Azteca (very good), Smokebox BBQ, Wendy's, Crackerbarrel and a Waffle House. I will definitely return to this hotel for my next stay in KC and recommend it to anyone looking for safe, quality lodging in the area north of MCI.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Daniel F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments KansasMamabear. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and hope to see you again in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

nice brand new hotel. Didn't care for the Metro-style furniture/décor etc but that may be due to my age. The only real problem with the room is that there is no fan speed control and the fan blows cold air right on your head at night. We tried to turn off the AC but then it was too hot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the opportunity to stay with us and provide us with honest feedback nwfanatic.

The hotel is has a unique decor throughout, especially all the artwork being of Kansas City.

I do apologize about the air conditioning system not being up to par. We have been looking into changing the louvers so that they are adjustable and do not blow directly at the bed.

We hope to see you in the future!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!