You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9550 NW Polo Drive, Intersection I-29 Tiffany Springs Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kansas City, Kansas
“Its a good one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very well maintain. This hotel is in prestine condition. Staff members are very friendly and take time to acually answer any questions I had. (Very Helpful) Breakfast was different that most places ive stayed at. If you're looking for a hotel near KC airport don't hesitate to stay here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Valley, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am through Kansas City at least once a month and although I have meetings downtown and then drive through I always stay here. The staff is first rate with authentic customer service.

The design of the hotel is dazzling which add the to beauty of the property. On top of it is is a green hotel so they really have processes in place to support that if that is a concern to you.

Internet never goes out. Very dependable.

The AM breakfast was clean and fully stocked with staff engaging you in conversation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Heatheranne115,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. Thank you for all of your feedback. We are so proud to be a green hotel. It is very important to us. Thank you for mentioning our amenities. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will continue to choose us during future visits to the area. Thanks again....

Minneapolis, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Newer or at least recently updated hotel that is a step above a typical Holiday Inn Express. THe main differernce was the breakfast... very nice hot buffet with superior quality food compared to other HI Express... also cook-to-order breakfast available. I am a member of HI priority Club so my breakfast was free (except for the tip). Staff was super nice and very helpful. Room itself was very clean and nicely appointed like most HI Express hotels. Very convenient to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear akker1,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you for your comments about the breakfast service you received. We are always looking for better ways to make this service better. We will pass your feedback on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing comments about their service. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Kanopolis, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We visited this hotel when we went to pick my stepdaughter up at the airport. It was close and very easy to get to. The interior decor was a huge surprise to me! It was lovely! The room looked fancy and very nice. The only disappointment we had was that the pool area was very small. It echos very bad so when its full it is VERY loud. There were so rude people there opening the exit door and smoking while standing in the door way. Drinking in the pool area when the rules say no glass containers allowed. I felt like it needed to be monitored more closely. Other than that, it was a great experience. There were 6 (2 adults and 4 kids ages 12, 8,6, and 2) of us staying and we had plenty of room. The 12 yr old slept on the couch and said it was pretty cozy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear sweetpea723,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you, and your family. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the pool area. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. Guest feedback is very important to us. It is important because it allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you and your family will consider us again in the future.

Centerton, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here as a sort of staycation/honeymoon style vacation. I (the wife) was very impressed with the decor of the place. We rented a suite style room (for under $100 a night before taxes!), and the extra large bathtub was in full view of the bed and the tv. It was very relaxing for the most part. The only complaints we had was that we could hear the neighbor behind us snoring, so the walls are a little thin. Also, since we arrived late, we got the last suite available, so it was near the elevator. It was difficult to sleep past 8 since people could be heard going to the continental breakfast. My husband also enjoyed the breakfast. It was very comprehensive. The only thing that was bad about it was that the waffle maker was broken. There was an exercise room near the pool. I felt like it was safer than your typical hotel exercise room since one could see into it from the hallway (usually they seem to be stuck in some back area of the hotel where someone could come and go and not be noticed). All in all, we enjoyed our stay, and the staff were friendly. Lastly, the hotel was in a less densely populated area of Kansas City, so it appears to be safer than other ones.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator and next to an unoccupied room if you can.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your wife. We hope you enjoyed your special time in Kansas City. Thank you so much for telling us about your concerns in the hotel . We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. We hope you were not inconvenienced at all. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Worst stay ever. It first started when checked in. They did not have the room we reserved with a credit card. We had three people, they gave us a king bed instead of double. The third person ended up sleeping on the floor on an air matress, for the cost of 100. Management wad helpless and would not do anything.

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear ladylibra7597,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and we are truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret you found your stay less than satisfactory.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you will give us the opportunity to create a better experience for you in the near future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

As others have said, the hotel decor and feel is great. I love the efficiency feature where you have to put your room key in a slot to turn the lights on and how all the lights turn off 3 minutes after you remove your key. More places need to do this! The only bad thing about the rooms is the beds have waterproof mattress covers which are noisy and uncomfortable, but I know why they do it.

This place would have gotten 4-stars (I reserve a 5-star review for truly 5-star places), however I had to give it 3-stars as they couldn't get my bill right. I am tax-exempt and informed them when I checked-in and gave them my tax exempt information. When I went to leave, they still had the taxes and fees still on there. I had an early flight home (6am) so the manager wasn't there yet, so person #2 couldn't remove them but informed me that she would email me a new receipt later in the morning. Around 4pm that day, still no receipt. So I called and got some guy (#3) that sounded like he didn't even work in a hotel but he passed me on to a sales manager?? I don't recall her name (#4), but at least she showed the effort to fix the issue and make it right. I finally got a new receipt but they still left one of the fees on. I was frustrated at that point at just left it.

Oh, and the taxes/fees at this place is crazy!!! For $99/night there is $18 in extra costs from 7 different things that get charged to you. That's almost 20%!!

All-in-all a nice new place, but don't make your customers contact you multiple times after you have left

Room Tip: It took me 15 minutes from when I left the hotel until I was on the rental car shuttle bus back to t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Nick K,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!