“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Over all this Hotel was a Great place to stay. The location to Convention Center and Restaurants was Great. We will definitely stay here again, The Staff was every friendly and helpful. Breakfast was always good and hot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear RobertB

Thank you for leaving us a review on how your stay was with us. I do enjoy reading all the reviews. I hope you have a good holiday weekend, and hope to see you again on your next trip to Kansas City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was in town for a conference at the Convention Center. In previous years I've stayed at various big-name hotels next to Bartle or at the Crown Center. This year based on TripAdvisor reviews I decided to try the Comfort Inn. The price was half or less than the big-name chains and the location was ok. I had a car but is a long walk to convention or Power and Light District. I couldn't really tell how safe it might be walking back and forth so I drove and parked in a garage.

Advantages of staying here rather than downtown - free parking, quiet, no crowds or waiting for elevators, free breakfast. Disadvantages - long walk, average accommodations, no restaurants or stores nearby.

I had a king-bed room and there was plenty of room for stuff. The sink was right near the door which was weird but if 2 people are staying it's always nice to have the bathtub and toilet in a separate area. The tub did not have any little shelves for soap or shampoo. Towels were thin and scratchy. At least everything was clean.

The mattress was firm, probably too much so, but I slept ok. The A/C unit was loud and cycled on and off frequently.. Breakfast was ok - some hot items like eggs and sausage and healthier things like yogurt, fruit, cereal. The staff were all friendly and helpful and lobby area was clean. I didn't worry about parking - the lot was fenced in - but I would not leave valuables in the car.

Would I stay again? Yes. While hotels closer to the convention center are more convenient, you do pay a lot for the privilege of being in walking distance. Plus if you consider daily parking or valet fees at the big boys you might well want to give Comfort Inn a try.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Craig D

THANK YOU! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes there are some up's and down's when staying with our property. We are located about 1 mile from the P&L so people do walk, but in the summer and it isn't the coolest weather we always recommend taking a taxi, which costs about 6$. We do offer free parking, which is a big perk in the downtown Area. We are glad you recommend us to others. We love our hotel, and do the best to make sure all guests leave satisfied. We hope to see you again!
Terre Haute, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had checked in with Cecily, who was very kind and informed us about Jack Stack, which was quite delicious. Later that night we wanted to head to the Power and Light, and Erin had directed us there, she also gave a good recommendation as to avoid certain bars there, which we didn't listen to at first, but she was right it was so crowded we could barely move! As for the room, it was quite comfortable, but seemed a little dark. Other than that, the breakfast was delicious, and the hotel was well kept! I will be staying here again when I come back to Kansas City!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chewie875

Thank you so much for leaving us a review on your stay. I enjoy reading everyone's feed back. There are a lot of places to visit while in Kansas City, hopefully next time you are in KC we can send you to some other BBQ restaurants and areas to enjoy music. We look forward to having you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I'd like to make mention of two very friendly and informative front desk attendants named Erin and Ana that were extremely helpful in finding an excellent restaurant for the evening. This hotels was extremely easy to navigate from and the rooms are nice enough. I can't complain I had an extremely great experience in Dowtown K.C. at this Hotel

• Stayed July 2013
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
RickySabourin

Thank you soo much for leaving a review on your stay. We were delighted to have you with us. And hope to see you again. I will be sure to pass on to Ana and Erin your thoughts on how helpful they were.
Florissant, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at a Comfort Inn before as a last minute option and was surprised at the quality, comfort, and price. So this time when an unexpected event took place I opted to chose Comfort Inn again. They did not disappoint. The lot was full and the front desk attendant allowed up to park handicap instead of parking across the street for the extended stays. The room was clean and comfortable. My husband got us breakfast the next morning and it was good. Hot waffels, sausage, and juice. One thing I didn't care for was the $1.50 charge for the safe which I didn't used. I believe it could have been waived but I didn't have time to complain about $1.50. All and all I will chose Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed August 2013
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
LadyThomas

Thank you for leaving us a review on hoe you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately our parking can get full on our busier nights, which is why ownership purchased the lot across the street to help. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast, the safe fee is a fee that goes on every bill. If you plan to not use it then just let us know and we can take it off. We hope to see you again on your next trip to KC,

Cecily Lara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel we reserved on priceline and got a great deal. The location is close to all the downtown happenings. The rooms were cleaned well. The staff had great recommendations for food and things to do in Kansas City. The only thing I didn't like is you could hear the people above you running in their room thru out the night. Overall a very great place to stay. Right off I-70!

• Stayed August 2013
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
ars10235

Thank you for filling out a survey on your stay with us. We really enjoy reading what every guest has to stay about how enjoyable their stay was with us. We do hope to see you again the next time you come to KC!
Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have to start off saying that the front desk staff were wonderful. They were extremely patient and helpful at answering all questions. We had been put in a smoking room for our stay without asking for one, but the room didn't smell too bad so that was not a bother. There were a couple of cigarette burns on the comforters, but being a smoking room that was to be expected. The vanities and bathrooms were very nice; they were all granite or at least a granite look-alike. The parking wasn't ideal, but the extra parking they had was extremely close to hotel so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Only stayed one night, and to be honest wasn't there too much, but overall I'd say this was a good hotel to stay at! Definitely will be coming back if I get the chance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Jessica W

Thank you so much for leaving us your review. I am so gald you enjoyed your stay. There is so much to do in Kansas City, especially downtown, hopefully next time you will have more time to be able to adventure out!! I will let the Front Desk staff know your kind words on how wonderful they were. Have a great weekend!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!