“Convience and comfort at a quality price” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #51 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Florissant, Missouri
“Convience and comfort at a quality price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I've stayed at a Comfort Inn before as a last minute option and was surprised at the quality, comfort, and price. So this time when an unexpected event took place I opted to chose Comfort Inn again. They did not disappoint. The lot was full and the front desk attendant allowed up to park handicap instead of parking across the street for the extended stays. The room was clean and comfortable. My husband got us breakfast the next morning and it was good. Hot waffels, sausage, and juice. One thing I didn't care for was the $1.50 charge for the safe which I didn't used. I believe it could have been waived but I didn't have time to complain about $1.50. All and all I will chose Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed August 2013
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
LadyThomas

Thank you for leaving us a review on hoe you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately our parking can get full on our busier nights, which is why ownership purchased the lot across the street to help. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast, the safe fee is a fee that goes on every bill. If you plan to not use it then just let us know and we can take it off. We hope to see you again on your next trip to KC,

Cecily Lara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel we reserved on priceline and got a great deal. The location is close to all the downtown happenings. The rooms were cleaned well. The staff had great recommendations for food and things to do in Kansas City. The only thing I didn't like is you could hear the people above you running in their room thru out the night. Overall a very great place to stay. Right off I-70!

• Stayed August 2013
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
ars10235

Thank you for filling out a survey on your stay with us. We really enjoy reading what every guest has to stay about how enjoyable their stay was with us. We do hope to see you again the next time you come to KC!
Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have to start off saying that the front desk staff were wonderful. They were extremely patient and helpful at answering all questions. We had been put in a smoking room for our stay without asking for one, but the room didn't smell too bad so that was not a bother. There were a couple of cigarette burns on the comforters, but being a smoking room that was to be expected. The vanities and bathrooms were very nice; they were all granite or at least a granite look-alike. The parking wasn't ideal, but the extra parking they had was extremely close to hotel so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Only stayed one night, and to be honest wasn't there too much, but overall I'd say this was a good hotel to stay at! Definitely will be coming back if I get the chance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Jessica W

Thank you so much for leaving us your review. I am so gald you enjoyed your stay. There is so much to do in Kansas City, especially downtown, hopefully next time you will have more time to be able to adventure out!! I will let the Front Desk staff know your kind words on how wonderful they were. Have a great weekend!
davenport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I had no problem with the Comfort Inn Downtown Kansas City until I checked my bank account a day later. It was an adequate room, close to the Sprint Center and at a fair price. The problem lies in the $200 I was charged for smoking in the room that we DID NOT smoke in. I am not wealthy and I am not an idiot so I'm not going to smoke in a N/S room knowing I would be charged $200 when smoking rooms were available. We called the front desk to ask about a good place to smoke without bothering other guests. We were told to smoke outside near the smokers chimneys by the lobby entrance, which we did. There certainly were cigar wrappers and a broken UNSMOKED cigar in the trash but no one smoked in that room. In addition to the cigar wrappers I was told the GM found ashes in the room which is impossible because, again, no one smoked in the room. I've already been told by the front desk manager that I would not be receiving a refund because of the "evidence of smoking' as witnessed by the GM. I have a submitted a complaint form to Choice Hotels and am awaiting a response.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Huron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Overall this location, service, breakfast and such all rank well. I just think for the money and with all of the room remodeling being done that they could spring for new bed clothes and towels. Also, watch out for the non-requested room safe charge on your bill.

The only other item of contention is the parking. If the small lot around the vital is full you have to park across the street. An inconvenience to say the least. Not too bad when the weather's cooperating, otherwise it'd be worse.

Overall I would choose it again as it it my needs and was more affordable than the other options in Downtown.

• Stayed August 2013
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear MessnMagic

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your stay while in Downtown KC. Yes we are doing some renovations in all guest rooms. We have ordered new bedding. Unfortunately the bedding that is Standard for Comfort Inn's has to be specially made and ordered, so we are waiting for Company to finish and deliver. Parking can be a issue especially on our busier nights, which is why Ownership purchased the lot on Corner to try and make it easier for guests. I understand that can be a inconvenience for guests who have to walk. We hope to see you again on your next trip to KC.
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were treated SO well at this hotel with our recent stay. Originally we had a room that had some mold issues. I have allergies to mold & knew I would get sick for sure if we stayed in this room. I called the front desk right away and Erin promptly came to our room, assessed the situation, & agreed the room had mold issues. She transferred us to a much cleaner (no mold!) room that was even an upgrade...at no extra charge since we are gold members with choice privileges. All staff were super great at this hotel, but Erin went the extra mile to make our stay a pleasant one

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Mrs. Cathy F

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our Property. I do apologize and the issues with your first room, and am glad Erin was here to make sure you were well taken care of. I will let her know how thankful you were, and we did have maintenance go and take care of the first room. We hope to see you again!
Greeley, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

All I really care about is telling you all how wonderful of a job Erin did. She was working EXTREMELY hard and had a wondeful attitude. I am a college football coach and stay in MANY hotels. She did an absolutely wonderful job seeing to all of my needs. I know she has a very hard job so I would appreciate it if you would tell her how highly I thought of her.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
WOODY B

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your stay. Erin is a great employee, and very hard working. I will let her know your thoughts on how well of a job she did. And we hope to see you again!! Enjoy your weekend

Cecily Lara

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!