“clean hotel” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas City, Missouri
“clean hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I found the hotel to be clean and the staff very friendly. The rooms were average size. Just be aware that there is not much else around this area of town. Can not comment on the breakfast, because it was not ready at the time that I had to check out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
VWhitford, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear CBR0107,

Hello there! Thank you for your review of our hotel and the cleanliness of your room. We pride ourselves in our guests comments and appreciate any words you have for us to improve.

I am sorry you were not here to enjoy our Hot Breakfast! There are many items to choose from including eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels and cream cheese, yogurt and many other items.

I hope you will have a return in the future! Thank you for staying with us.

Best Regards,

Vicki Whiford
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised at this experience. We booked a room here the day before a trip to KC on short notice. A standard room ran $110, but from the website we used, we got a room for $90 (plus tax the total came to about $105). We knew this was a chain budget hotel, and that was all we needed or wanted – a clean bed and quiet place to stay for a night.

The location was excellent and easy to find. It is on the northeast fringe of downtown KC, a little far to walk (maybe 20 minutes?), but still doable. A 5 minute drive will take you into the heart of downtown or to the nearby farmer’s river market on the weekends.

I would note that there didn’t seem to be any restaurants or convenience stores nearby. Again, maybe a 15-20 minute walk would find you some nearby amenities.

The room was basic, but spotlessly clean. There was a little wear and tear, but nothing noticeable. Free wifi, free basic breakfast (the usual – fruit, cereal, waffles, etc), free parking. The bathroom was very clean.

I would definitely recommend this place for future stays. The quality of the experience was as good as any other major budget chain (Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, etc), but the close location to downtown, at budget prices, make it a great choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TLAM99,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your comments.

I wanted to make you aware of a couple things for a future visit. There is a convenience store very close to us by the name of Grand Slam which is located on the street directly behind us and is within walking distance. Also available for the closest restaurant is a neighborhood Italian favorite by the name of Anthonys. This also is just around the corner from us and a great restaurant.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future! We are presently updating our bathrooms with new tile, tubs and granite enclosures. They look beautiful!

Vicki Whitford
DOS
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

this is the hotel you want if your looking to drink and party and is really close to all the bars...Great customer Service...any and every request I had was filled...will stay again maybe next new years eve....happy 2013 Comfort Inn

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dearest Renea,
We appreciate you feedback on our hotel the Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown KC. Although we are just a hop skip and a jump away from the Power and Light district, we also accommodate more than just night life groups. We are in such close proximity to the WW1 museum and to the Crown Center as well other sites to visit.

We keep the atmosphere here fun and exciting as well and appreciate your stay and look forward to seeing you again. If you ever need suggestions on were to go, dance, drink, or just stroll around we are happy to accommodate you as well

Front Desk Manager PM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Room was what you would expect from a hotel...but what made our stay awesome was the help from front desk manager angel hamon....she was so sweet and gave great directions to food and night life...as long as there are employees like angel there we will be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Six,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I am sure if Angel doesn't know by now, I will make sure that she gets a copy of this. We appreciate your feedback and love it when we know that our staff has done amazing things.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I read the other reviews after I booked this hotel, and I thought oh no. We came for the Bruce Springsteen concert, and we were worried about the noise level other reviewers were complaining about. We asked for a room away from the road, and were given one. We didn't hear any road noise. The workers were all very nice and professional, and kept everything under control. They called a cab for us. No late night noise. Great breakfast. What more could you ask for in a medium priced hotel. Not the Ritz, but I didn't pay for the Ritz. Very close to everything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for your feedback, here at Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown KC we strive to make sure that our guest are comfortable and feel at home. I understand that some of the reviews state they have had problems with noise! We try to make sure that our noise levels are kept to a minimum. We are located in close proximity to the power and light district so we do on occasion get busy with concerts and shows going on downtown.

We look forward to seeing you again and hope that you enjoy your stay with us even more.

Thank you again the staff will love to hear that they did a great job!!!

Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here Friday through Sunday. The overall stay was fine. The room was descent. We received complimentary breakfast each morning. It wasn't all great, but there were plenty of options to have a decent morning meal.
A week before our stay, my Husband called the Hotel and asked how we could get a late checkout. The person he spoke with said we can sign up for the Choice Rewards and receive a 1pm check out. Normal check out is 11am. He signed us up over the phone and said he would make a note on our account for when we check in.
We check in Friday and are told check out is 11. We explain talking to someone about it being 1pm. We were told she will take care of it as long as we are out by 1pm. Sunday I receive a call in our room at 11am asking if we plan on check out. I once again explain talking to two people now and she says there is no record of this. She offers no explanation. No help to solve the issue. She expected us out since staff did not take care of our time change. She said she had to call the manager. I never heard back about that. We ended up leaving at noon because I was annoyed. Upon checking out, they once again offered no help or problem solving. The staff didn't do what they were suppose to so we had to argue about it. I asked if their staff mistakes were their guests' issues and was told Yes! So, their guest suffer b/c of their ignorant staff.
Don't ever try to check out late!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
JMD,

I am terrible sorry that you did not receive the best customer service that you should have, yes we did not deliver on our end and I am truly sorry about that. I have and will go over this concern again with my staff on making sure all accounts are notated and that you will in the future receive the late check out that you deserve.

Our breakfast is standard of Choice properties and we try our up-most best to keep it interesting. We are trying new items such as blueberry waffles and bananas as well rotating our biscuits and gravy with eggs and sausage.

We look forward to seeing you again, and hope that we can give you the best service you deserve. Just a little reminder that we are in the process of a remodle and we hope to be done completely by Febuary so we are still offering Free parking, Free internet, Free breakfast, and a Indoor Heated Pool that is open year round. We now have two gyms and fresh linens
Exton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed there one night and had a very nice experience. Excellent service. Courteous and helpful staff. Room was nice, clean, and I feel I got a better place than I anticipated. I had stayed at other Comfort Inns in other towns and and they were not as good as this one. I just needed a decent place to stay in a good location, as I was only in town for one night. I recommend it. Great bang for the buck!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Scrumdog,

With the standard of Comfort Inn Downtown KC we try to keep up with making the hotel feel like your home away from home with some restriction, I am glad that you truly enjoyed your stay and that you would love to come back and stay. We try to keep our prices low while we offer you free amenities, such as parking, WI-FI, extended cable channels, and also indoor heated pool and soon two gyms. We are in the process of finishing up another renovation and will have new bedding, curtains and linen. I would like to thank you again and look forward to having you stay with us.

Front Desk PM Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!