“Nice...very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Nice...very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2006

We found the hotel itself a very nice and enjoyable experience. They were remodeling the front desk so it was a bit cramped at the temporary desk, but the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was immaculate and the bed sooooo comfortable. The only negative was perhaps the air conditioning had a litte trouble keeping up with the 100+ temps outside. The casino is another story....skip it.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2005

My boyfriend and I came here with his parents to celebrate our 21st birthdays. We were originally planning to stay at Harrah's, but they lost our reservation. Ameristar was very accomidating to this. I had never been to a casino in the US before (I have been to a couple in the Caribbean), so I didn't really have much to compare it to, but we had a great time! I was constantly asked for my ID in the casino, which is okay because I know I look young, but it would have been better if they had some kind of set-up where they only check it once. Drinks were very cheap inside the casino. I thought the hotel was very nice, and I liked the big TV in our room. The only complaint is that a maintanence man repeatedly came to our door in the morning and knocked very loudly despite a do not disturb sign on the door. Apparently, an air conditioner had broken in a room nearby, but he didn't need to continue to come back. In the casinos I had been to before a dress code was enforced, but not here. We ate at a restaurant there, and it was very good, although pricey. I wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• Stayed September 2005
springfield,mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2005

We stayed at the Ameristar for the Chiefs Season Opener game. Actually we had first reserved at Harrah's, but since they "overbooked" (still not sure how you overbook 200 rooms, when you know you have 200 rooms) and were extremely rude, we took our business to the Ameristar and dont regret the choice. Jeff, at the front desk, was extremely kind, and took care of us, even giving us free valet parking. Our room was beautiful, and everything I expected and more for the price we paid. They have been doing alot of renovations to the place we were told, and it looked brand new. Rooms were very clean, and the guys had a blast with the dealers in the casino. We will deffinately stay there again, and I deffinately do not suggest Harrah's for anything more then the casino part. The way Harrah's handles business is a shame. Save the pain that Harrahs will deal to you, and indulge in the Ameristar, you wont regret it!

• Stayed September 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2004

As a frequent player at this casino, Most dealers are ok. But the other staff members are rude and unwilling to help you whe you need it. As an example I had just exited the casino room, when I realized I left my players card in a machine lesss than 100 feet away. Not only did they not let me go back to get it, they also REFUSED to get it for me. Keep in mind thier were FIVE staff members standing and talking and not do anything else. Thier response was to go and get another card, well the line of people in line was about fifty. I again politley asked to go and get my card with an escort, THEY AGAIN REFUSED. The next day I put in a phone call to help resolve this matter and the operator said ALL Mangers and security heads were busy. So she put me into thier voice mail. I left a message and have yet to recieve a return phone call.....I'M SURE HARRRAH'S AND THE ARGOSY WILL APPREIATE MY FUTURE BUISNESS!!!!!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2004

This hotel is way too expensive for what you get. My husband and I stayed just looking to spend a nice weekend away from home. The rooms have 70's decor and, while spacious, it is not worth what you pay. I've stayed at hotels for 25% of the cost that have been better decorated. We paid for a King mini suite and it was way over-priced. I would stay in a regular room but it would have to be less than half of the $242 I paid for the suite.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

This was our first stay in a Hotel/Casino outside of Las Vegas, and I suppose my expectations were a little bit high going in. Our room was spacious enough but it absolutely REEKED of cat urine. We went down to the front desk to complain and we got nothing but poor service and snobby explanations. The girl at the front desk told us that it was impossible for the room to smell of cat urine because the don't allow pets. When we asked her if she considered that someone might have snuck a cat in, she didn't bother to answer and just sharply retorted, "Well, we have nothing else available for you". The next morning, we complained again to the Front Desk supervisor and she did apologize but was also rather snotty. On the upside, the Casino has a lot to offer. They have a variety of restaraunts ranging from fast food to upscale dining. They have a "Kid's Quest" activitiy center which offers hourly child care services so parents can gamble. My kids did have a WONDERFUL time. I recommend the Casino as long as you stay in a different motel!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2004

i live far from the casino and like to stay there and gamble but the hotel room are very expensive for what you get.

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City? Share your experiences!