“docd” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
raymore
“docd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Wife and I spent the evening . Had a very nice clean room with twin beds. Had an excellent dinner at the buffet. Hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. Upon our arrivel at the room my wife observed that there was no complimentary decaff coffee. Notified the front desk and within 5 minutes said coffee was delivered. Would strongly recommend this establishment for future visits.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I'm so glad you had a nice evening with your wife. Thank you for your recommendation and for being our guest!

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Edwards Mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was the most fun night we have had in a long time.Totally enjoyed our selves except losing way to much. The restaurants are wonderful and the people are all friendly and make you feel good.The beds were very comfortable and we slept wonderful. You should really stay at least two nights.We plan on coming back often

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We're so glad you had a great time! Thanks for visiting and for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again.
Joplin, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Made reservation for 2 rooms, free valet parking is nice. While checking in, found out that they decided to move one of my rooms, that I prepaid for. Then she informed me that all they had left was handicap rooms, smoking rooms or I could upgrade for a fee. I was told my reservations only get me a room maybe not the one I wanted. So, last minute change, I could not change hotels because everyone else was full. So, I had no choice but to PAY for a upgrade so I would be put into a smoking room! Got my car out of the free valet, and guess what? My GPS mount was on the floor broken into 2 pieces. When I left the car, it was suck on my windshield, now broken. They had no ideal how that happen! Now, my room, nice at first. After a few minutes, I smell smoke! This is a non smoking room, right. Is the smoke coming from below us? It could be. Then my neighbor, decided to play the TV until 1am. The doors that connect rooms don't do the job in keeping sound out. So, my experience at Ameristar is, you can't trust them, they break your stuff, rooms smell like smoke, you hear your neighbor, and they use "bait and switch" to get more out of you. And she made a comment about me using a 3rd party service to get my 2 rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit to our property. Guest service is extremely important to us and we apologize for your experience. We would like the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your stay with us. Please feel free to send your contact information and any details of your visit to AtYourServiceKC@ameristar.com and we will get in touch with you.
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in May 2013. A few miles outside Kansas City but easy access I to the city. Valet parking or self park options. I prefer to self park and this was only 50 yards from the front door. Quick professional service at the desk. Stayed In a King Suite which was great. Large room with good bathroom space and second toilet as well as jacuzzi tub. Personally I found the bed was too soft, but that aside no complaint. Found the room clean and in in good condition. Casino was not that busy so no surprise that restaurants had hours that seemed limited, but still more than enough options. If you want a good room for decent value in the KC area this is worth a visit.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Their price is based on location, location, location. Other than that, they don't have much to offer. Service was sub par, had to wait numerous times at the bag check. Room smelled like the people the night before smoked marijuana all night long. And no fitness facility. I have a hard time staying at a '4 star' place playing almost $200/night and they don't offer a fitness facility.

• Stayed May 2013
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Staff is always fun, friendly and helpful. I enjoy the hotel the food and always look forward to staying at the Kansas City Ameristar! I have stayed at other casino hotels in the KC area, but really prefer to stay at the Ameristar. We all wish to win when we gamble, but it doesn't
always happen, but that is why it is called "gambling"

Room Tip: Let the staff know what you are looking for in a room and they will do their best to get you what yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We appreciate your review, Marilyn! I'm so happy we're your favorite casino and that you look forward to visiting us. Thanks for being our guest.
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I received a coupon in the mail to redeem for a free night stay at the Ameristar Casino Hotel. Very easy to make the reservation and the check in process was quick and easy.

I was assigned to a standard room with 2 beds on the fifth floor. The fifth floor is not high enough to see over the casino building directly in front of the window, therefore there was nothing interesting to see outside the window. Can't complain much because the room was free. The bathroom was small but appeared to be very clean. The bedroom was unremarkable. The furniture looks in need of replacement, lots of scratches and blemishes. Mattress was comfortable and the flat screen television provided ample channel selections.

The casino experience was less than satisfactory. Several areas of the casino floor were closed in order to update some sort of system. Not really sure what was going on. The slot machines were extremely tight and I did not win anything the entire time I played. Not much fun playing the slots at Ameristar on this visit. Not much else to do here. No swimming pool or hot tub to relax in and no gym to get in a quick workout.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for sharing your review and for staying with us. We are currently finishing a casino floor system upgrade which will provide a more reliable and faster transfer of data using fiber optics. During the upgrade, some games are placed out of service, however the upgrade should be complete by next week and all games once again up for play.

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City? Share your experiences!