“Well Kept” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Well Kept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

On checking in, the front desk clerk was very courteous and helpful. As I was in the elevator on my way to the room, I noticed that the carpet in the elevator had just been replaced--obviously part of regular, on-going maintenance at the hotel. My hotel room was very clean and in good condition. The furnishings in my room all appeared to be new and in working order and the only criticism of the room is that the lighting wasn't very good. The room had a desk with free high speed internet service that I used during the trip with no problem. The only real downside to the stay was that the trip was for two days. After the first night, I left a tip of $5.00 for the housekeeper (which I consider to be fairly generous), yet the housekeeper did not replace two used bath towels. The two old towels were removed but no clean towels were provided which left my wife and I with only a single towel for the two of us on our last day. We were disappointed with the housekeeper (who didn't receive a tip on our last day) but believe that this was likely an isolated event or the hotel would not have been nearly as clean as it was. I've been to this hotel/casino several times in the past and never had a similar problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thanks so much for staying with us and for sharing your review. I apologize for the inconvenience regarding your towels. We appreciate your understanding, as we do our best to make sure each and every guest receives hospitable service while staying with us. We do hope to see you again soon!

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Room was nothing special. There was a KC Chiefs vs Oakland Raiders game that day. All kind of football fans staying there and only one person at the desk to check in with. Went to the buffet downstairs for supper. And even though there were more than 50 empty tables I waited over 7 mins after paying for my food(doesn't count the 5 waiting to pay) and still hadn't been seated before I asked for a refund. The manager came up and said to the cashier "oh he has only been waiting 7 mins for a seat". I feel my time is valuable and to me with that many tables empty why is it taking so long. Again it was over priced it would have been over 22 dollars.

Also this large hotel and gaming place does not have a shuttle to and from anywhere including the airport.

Room Tip: I would stay somewhere else and if you wanted to travel then stay somewhere else and drive over.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Pat, I'm so sorry if you were unsatisfied with your experience with us. We want all of our guests to receive quality service when they visit. We do really value your time and feedback, and I will be sure to pass it along. Please feel free to reach out to us at atyourservicekc@ameristar.com with your contact info and details of your visit and we will get back to you to personally discuss you stay.
Conway, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

As all the other reviews say, this is a very nice property! The staff is very friendly, the rooms are very plush, and I really liked the location overlooking the River. We upgraded to a Players Suite for $10 a night, and it was well worth it to have a sitting area and a balcony. As for the casino, all 4 of the people with me came away with more money then we came with. Three of us were playing table games and 1 a combination of table games and slots. The comp system in the casino is a little bit confusing, but the staff is more then happy to explain.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I'm so glad you had a great stay with us and enjoyed your Players Suite! Thanks for sharing your review and we hope to see you again.
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I don't get to come to Kansas City often, but when I do I always stay at the Ameristar. Their Service Is A+, the rooms are great. They are accomandating to your needs and very helpful. The valet service is fast and friendly. I reccommand anyone to stay and enjoy the hotel and casino it so much fun. I can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Ask About upgrades, you won't believe your eyes.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for the recommendation! I'm happy to hear you had a fun and exciting experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and myself travel out through KC on the way to UT one time a year and always look forward to staying at the Ameristar in KC. This is a first class hotel and casino. The rooms are great and the casino has the latest slots and games. The hotel and Casino are located in an area where it is quite and easy accessable from I-435. Already looking forward to next year. We have stayed here for the past four years.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hey Horace, thanks for posting your review and for your loyalty over the years. I'm glad you and your wife enjoy visiting us and we look forward to seeing the two of you next year.
Pierce, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here when my son and I were in town for the NASCAR races. The place is beautiful! I didn't do any gambling (not my thing) but we went to a movie and spent time in the Arcade while not at the Speedway.
First night my son had Burgerking and I had Sbarro which is located in the hotel and the 2nd night we at at Arthur Byant's (also located in the hotel) GREAT BBQ! Large plates full and so very TASTY!! Had breakfast at the FALCON both mornings and the whole experience was wonderful--great waitstaff who gladly let us share an order of pancakes the second morning because they are as huge as dinner plates and 2 each was just too many for us. Fruit cup was also large and fresh!
Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: We had 10th floor rooms and it was super quiet. Didn't hear anything from nextdoor or in the ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with us! Thanks for posting your review and for staying with us. We hope to see you again!
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have stayed at Ameristar numerous times and always enjoy their nice rooms and comfortable beds. Lately we have been staying at a competitor more often because Ameristar seems to have become...hmmm...well stingier with their comped rooms. When traveling to Kansas City about every other month we will book where we can get a comped room, and of course play there as well.

However, as of late, Ameristar casino seems to have a better payout in their casino and we love their variety and up-to-date slots. Every time we come there are new slot machines to play.

The attached arcade and movie theater are a bonus and their large buffet is always a nice treat as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City? Share your experiences!