When I made reservations for just one night, I only asked for a room with 2 queen beds. Imagine my surprise when we got to our room and opened the door. We were given a 2 room queen suite. The room was as big as a good sized apartment. One room had a mini kitchen with full size fridge, microwave, sink and dish washer along with a sofa area with large screen tv and cushioned chairs.
The 2nd room had 2 queen beds with desk and another large screen tv. Bathroom was of the divided type. The shower and toilet were behind the bathroom door while on the outside near the beds was the sink. Only downside of that was that the first person up in the morning usually woke the others up while using the sink.
Parking was free and undercover. You used your room key to enter the garage but none was needed exiting. The first level exited to one street and if you went down to the bottom level, you exited out a different street. All levels were serviced by an elevator that took you to the hotel lobby.
Staff at the hotel were very friendly and welcoming. They even served cookies to us during checkin.
The hotel area in question does seem safe but a little rough around the edges. The lot across the street from the hotel was having the large brick townhomes demolished while we were there. I'm assuming something else will be constructed shortly afterwards. We were easily able to walk to the center of country club plaza from the hotel but walking back was a little more difficult since the hotel is on a steep hill.
Overall, if your goal is to see the Plaza, this hotel is the best deal for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, you’re staying with friends. Our Place is yours, whether you’re here for business, a show or shopping on the Country Club Plaza. We love having you here®. And we prove it to you every day.Everybody needs their space. At Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza we have lots of it, from a traditional room to a spacious suite with your own kitchenette.Have a great night sleep in our cozy beds. Cloud Nine, the Hampton bed experience, a plush comforter, soft sheets and your choice of cushy pillows.Add complimentary hi-speed internet, a complimentary hot breakfast and complimentary parking and the day just keeps getting better.Just a short walk from Kansas City’s finest shopping, dining and entertainment. Don’t forget we have recently expanded our meeting space accommodating groups up to 300 guests. Plus you can earn Hilton HHonors points and airline miles with every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City-Country Club Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Hampton Inn And Suites Country Club Plaza
- Hampton Inn Kansas City
- Kansas City Hampton Inn