“Satisfied Diamond Member” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City-Country Club Plaza

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City-Country Club Plaza to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City-Country Club Plaza
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4600 Summit Street, Kansas City, MO 64112   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #12 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
“Satisfied Diamond Member”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This was our 3rd or 4th stay at this property. The hotel is clean and efficient, and in a very convenient location. I prefer staying at this hotel to several higher star rated properties. Tom Krummel at the front desk is ever so helpful, his attentive and polite manner puts the guests at ease, and goes out of his way to accommodate guest requests. Hotels need to realize that it is these little things that matter. We will keep this hotel as our preferred if their service remains this good. As Hilton Diamond Members for almost 7 yrs we are frequent travelers, and wanted to share our experience.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Peachtree City, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

A block west from the Plaza. Interior parking garage that exits into the hotel. Our room with one king bed was very clean with a quality mattress. No fan in the bathroom which was odd. Plenty of hot water. The front desk checked us in quickly and responded to all requests with enthusiasm and quick action. They offer a breakfast bar from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. The food was average fare, coffee very good, refreshed often and situated with plenty of seating in the lobby. Clearly this is a business minded hotel.

There's a small but sweet workout room and indoor pool. The workout room was well kept, had water, towels and natural light. The pool is stainless steel, kept way too warm and too chlorinated. I swam one morning out of two, thought I was having a great time until I seriously overheated and couldn't bring myself to return. Water was clean, no issue there, it's just the level of chlorine is the kind you can strongly smell walking down the hotel hall toward the pool enclosure. Ehh. I would give this hotel a 5 star any day for acing all it's functions, layout and service, but the pool deal forced my hand into a 4. I could have gotten past the heavy chlorine if it wasn't coupled with the overheating. If you care not about using a pool, then you'd do well with a stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel because of the location. It's perfect for great food and shopping. THis trip came at the end of a week on the road and I had a flight cancel in Chicago at 10:30 PM. OF course my hotel room in KC was confirmed for two nights and I figured I would have to pay for the night. I called the Diamond desk to book a room at the Hilton Chicago airport and explained to them what had happened. She asked me to hold on while she called the hotel in KC. A few minutes later she confirmed the cancellation of the one night and said they would not charge me.
I do stay a LOT of nights each year with Hilton and am a loyal customer, and I appreciate it when they go above and beyond to make me happy.

This Hampton Inn is typical of any Hampton Inn. Not a lot of frills, but nice clean rooms. They allowed me to check in early and welcomed me as a return customer.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Weedville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Nice breakfast but choose a time that the "business" clients are not there( ask the desk staff and they can tell you a good time). This hotel is located on a very steep hill. If you plan on just walking around to see this area, it can be a challenge to navigate the hill if you have back, knee or leg issues. We tried a few different ways to get there but found none that did not include an uphill walk. Staff were very friendly and courteous. Beds are comfortable. This hotel does not have a mini refrigerator in the rooms so we had to buy water at the hotel. There are not stores that sell bottled water in the Country Club Plaza area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hotel is in a good location but if there was another similar hotel I would be staying there.
The staff is terrible and they don't give a crap about much of anything including customer
service. Checked into out room and the mirror which is 6' x 4' fell off the wall. Front desk said
they can't do anything about it!
When we checked in at the front desk I thought I was in the back country. The people at the front desk were unshaved and scruffy looking and rude.

Room Tip: Go to the Embassy Suites about 1/2 mile away or the Sheraton down the hill.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

A nice hotel that was clean and quiet, and walking distance to Country Club Plaza. It featured a great breakfast buffet and free parking, along with a clean comfortable room at a fairly affordable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was so excited with my accommodations with this hotel considering my first stay 3 months prior was across the street at the Sheraton. The deplorable conditions at the Sheraton made me nervous about any hotel in this area, BUT the Hampton turned this all around for me!! The staff, room, breakfast, parking were all top notch!! Thank you so much for renewing my faith in the area. I will stay here every time I have to travel to KC for work and my job will know to send our stakeholders here as well!

Room Tip: No tips as you can't go wrong
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City-Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!