“Friendly staff and fantastic location for walking to restaurants and shops” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4600 Summit Street, Kansas City, MO 64112   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #14 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Friendly staff and fantastic location for walking to restaurants and shops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Only draw back is double beds are too small for family travel. Great breakfast and loved the convenience to walk to restaurants and shopping. Cozy down comforters and pillows. Noise was not an issue because we were upgraded to a suite and were on the end of the hall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Rogers, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I like Hampton Inns in general because the beds are usually the same at every hotel and very comfortable. I also like that I can grab some breakfast in the morning. My experience at this Hampton Inn was that the beds were awful. My husband and I tossed and turned all night on the lumpy bed. The other reviews cover the noise issues pretty thoroughly and are not exaggerated at all. We also received an unsolicited wake-up call at 6:30 am, which normally would have really ticked me off but since we were already awake from discomfort, it was just as well, I guess. Consequently, we were able to get to the National Archives right after they opened that Saturday morning. The breakfast did not disappoint and the parking was nice. You do have to take one elevator from the garage to the lobby, then another from the lobby to the upper floors. There was renovation going on in the lobby while we were there, so perhaps that will improve things. The location was very nice and convenient to lots of great dining, bars, and shopping. It was an easy trip to get downtown from there. The location just couldn't compensate for the fact that I couldn't sleep in the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The walls are so thin I could hear the person in the next room passing gas while using the toilet. There is also no in-room fridge to keep the leftovers from the excellent restaurants in the Plaza. If sleep and privacy aren't important to you, the staff is very helpful (except for the vocal housekeeping staff that communicates by yelling in the hallways long before checkout time) and the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is in a great location - within walking distance to all the wonderful Plaza destinations. I also appreciated the underground parking garage.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I found the service to be truly fantastic. The staff was very helpful and eager to please. The location was close to everything we wanted to see in Kansas City, namely, country club plaza and westport. I would recommend this place as a lovely hotel for visitors of Kansas City.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DSM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I first booked this property three years ago for a large group of 25 rooms. Everyone in our party was extremely happy with their rooms and the comfortable beds. The complimentary breakfast area was large enough to handle our group of 70 without running out of space or food. I’ve returned with similar groups twice since then with the same results. I’ve also used the meeting room with AV equipment and catering. The room was spacious and the set-up staff was very accommodating. The Group Sales staff has always been professional, helpful and worked to get a competitive rate. The catering menu doesn’t mention it, but the sandwiches come from Panera. The quality and quantity of food was good, but it was served in Panera boxes.
Since the stay with the group went so well, I booked the Hampton for a “Girlfriend Getaway”. We had a one bedroom (two-bed) suite with a small kitchen that was really similar to a Residence Inn. It worked really well for my group of five, but the fold-out bed was really uncomfortable. Consider asking for a roll-away bed rather than using the fold-out if you’re an adult. The desk staff did a great job of helping my friends figure out a couple of places everyone would like for dinner.
I stayed there with family in January 2013 and they were very happy with the room, breakfast and location too. I really appreciate the fact that I don’t need to worry about the type or location of the room and that’s why I keep booking it for work, family and friends.
I’ve never used the fitness center or pool. Nobody in any of the groups I’ve taken there have mentioned using them, so I can’t comment on those amenities.
The wi-fi is free, location is very close to the plaza, the parking ramp is free and attached to the hotel. Be aware that if you’re walking to the plaza, it’s about a block of a fairly steep hill to the hotel. If you’re travelling with people that aren’t pretty fit, or if it’s hot or icy, the last block up to the lobby might be a challenge.

Room Tip: I've stayed on several different floors on either side of the property. They've all been qui...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Murfreesboro, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for four nights last week while on a business trip. We arrived early but were able to check in immediately. Staff was friendly and efficient. The room was very clean and comfortable. The exericse room had everything I needed for that afternoon sweat. I did not use the pool but it did look inviting. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. They served a variety of items so if you left hungry it was because you didn't eat. Coffee and tea were available around the clock. The hotel itself is within walking distance to several restaurants, shopping and other venues. We finished up a day early and had no problems with checkout. I would definitely stay here again if I do business in the area.

The only suggestion I would make is putting some sort of non-slip strips in the showers. The shower floor can get slippery with soap and this would make it safer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Awesome location, great place to stay on the Plaza! Nice and convenient parking garage, awesome HOT breakfast, and close to anything you would want to go do! I always love staying at Hampton Inns and this one is just another one on the list of great ones!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple