I first booked this property three years ago for a large group of 25 rooms. Everyone in our party was extremely happy with their rooms and the comfortable beds. The complimentary breakfast area was large enough to handle our group of 70 without running out of space or food. I’ve returned with similar groups twice since then with the same results. I’ve also used the meeting room with AV equipment and catering. The room was spacious and the set-up staff was very accommodating. The Group Sales staff has always been professional, helpful and worked to get a competitive rate. The catering menu doesn’t mention it, but the sandwiches come from Panera. The quality and quantity of food was good, but it was served in Panera boxes.
Since the stay with the group went so well, I booked the Hampton for a “Girlfriend Getaway”. We had a one bedroom (two-bed) suite with a small kitchen that was really similar to a Residence Inn. It worked really well for my group of five, but the fold-out bed was really uncomfortable. Consider asking for a roll-away bed rather than using the fold-out if you’re an adult. The desk staff did a great job of helping my friends figure out a couple of places everyone would like for dinner.
I stayed there with family in January 2013 and they were very happy with the room, breakfast and location too. I really appreciate the fact that I don’t need to worry about the type or location of the room and that’s why I keep booking it for work, family and friends.
I’ve never used the fitness center or pool. Nobody in any of the groups I’ve taken there have mentioned using them, so I can’t comment on those amenities.
The wi-fi is free, location is very close to the plaza, the parking ramp is free and attached to the hotel. Be aware that if you’re walking to the plaza, it’s about a block of a fairly steep hill to the hotel. If you’re travelling with people that aren’t pretty fit, or if it’s hot or icy, the last block up to the lobby might be a challenge.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Country Club Plaza
- Hampton Inn Kansas City
- Kansas City Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, you’re staying with friends. Our Place is yours, whether you’re here for business, a show or shopping on the Country Club Plaza. We love having you here®. And we prove it to you every day.Everybody needs their space. At Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza we have lots of it, from a traditional room to a spacious suite with your own kitchenette.Have a great night sleep in our cozy beds. Cloud Nine, the Hampton bed experience, a plush comforter, soft sheets and your choice of cushy pillows.Add complimentary hi-speed internet, a complimentary hot breakfast and complimentary parking and the day just keeps getting better.Just a short walk from Kansas City’s finest shopping, dining and entertainment. Don’t forget we have recently expanded our meeting space accommodating groups up to 300 guests. Plus you can earn Hilton HHonors points and airline miles with every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Olotels, Priceline, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.