“Very nice Hampton Inn!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
“Very nice Hampton Inn!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel! The staff was friendly at check in which went smooth & efficiently. Our room was very clean. I also appreciated their phone call after we settled in to make sure our room was fine and if there was anything else they could do for us!

Our room had nice, clean Hampton sheets and duvet covers. The towels were thick and fluffy. The room was very clean and it was extremely, extremely quite. The hotel is literally right next to Interstate 35 yet we could hear zero traffic noise, no noise from neighboring rooms or hallways and in fact the heater/ac unit was so quiet that after we turned it on, we stood in front of it to see if it was really on! I have never heard a more quiet heater/ac unit ever - not even in my own home!

We had a very peaceful and comfortable stay here. Breakfast was great! Fresh sliced fruit (not canned), tasty scrambled eggs with ham & cheese (yum!) plus yogurt, french toast sticks, waffles, muffins, donuts, cereal, oatmeal - usual breakfast foods.

The breakfast attendant was friendly and attentive in maintaining the breakfast area. In the morning, I saw staff actively cleaning and taking out trash, etc. This hotel is very well maintained and clean.

The only less-than-perfect issues were .... the overwhelming chlorine smell in the hotel lobby. You can see the pool from the elevator entrance and it was small and packed full of kids, thus needing much chlorine. I just wish they had a ventilation system to keep the chlorine smell from overwhelming you at check in.

Our room seems a tad bit small, it was plenty big for all 4 of us but I did notice it seemed smaller than usual. Perfect size for an overnight stay though. Our room was nice, it had 2 queen beds, desk with chair, closet, chair with foot stool, TV stand with TV, medium size frig & coffee maker, plus a night stand with alarm clock.
There was no microwave in our room, which would have been so nice to have! The way the TV stand was set up - there was a compartment for a microwave but no microwave was there.

I would absolutely stay here again however, my spouse said it was the most uncomfortable bed ever!! So, unfortunately my family won't get to stay here again. It is about 20 min NE of Kansas City. So, it's good choice if you want to visit Kansas City too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is a Hampton Inn, so you'll find all of the standard Hampton amenities--which are nothing to sneeze at. Breakfast is serviceable, rooms are clean and well-appointed, if not particularly large, and there's always coffee, tea and hot chocolate (along with apples) available in the lobby. We were particularly impressed with the friendliness of the staff at this location after a long day on the road. Bright smiles and helpful suggestions go a long way on a blustery night!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kearney, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The amenities at this property are typical of a Hampton Inn. The breakfast offering was large and the food was good. I was disappointed that the cookies ran out before I got back to the hotel both nights of my stay. I was with a large group and a few people had issues with the staff, but I did not encounter that.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Grinnell, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hampton Inn is a great place to stay for clean rooms, great service and affordable price. The pool, work out room, and the rooms we stayed in were very clean. I appreciate that it had a good environment for my family to stay in.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were in town for my daughter's gymnastics meet. I had made arrangements for our team to stay at this hotel, and we were all very pleased! As usual, service was excellent, rooms were comfortable and clean with up-to-date decor, and the breakfast was good. I started staying a Hampton Inns a couple years ago and I've never been disappointed!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Omaha, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The mattress is worn. Time to get new ones. Could feel the springs every time we sat on the bed. Ok for cheaper hotels, but expected more comfort from Hampton Inns. Also, the temperature of the room was too warm. We turned the heat off and the temperature never went below 70 degrees. Need better controls in the rooms.

Batesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

As titled,this hotel is excellent in every way but price. Surrounding Hampton Inns within 10-20 miles are $20-$30 less. There is no good reason for this that I am aware of. I am disappointed in Hampton Inns for this fact only !

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty? Share your experiences!