“This hotel should be in the #1 spot!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #4 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Ponca City, Oklahoma
“This hotel should be in the #1 spot!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Once again, we stayed here and it was just wonderful. Room was super comfortable, clean, and quiet, as always. This time I HAVE to send a big THANK YOU to Amy. She went above and beyond to make this a really special stay for my granddaughter.. If you ever need to stay in Kansas City, I highly recommend this place.

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Carmichael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband who has Parkinsons and I needed some down and reconnect time. We decided on a train trip from San Jose Ca to Kansas City Mo with sleeping cars and the whole works. When we got to Kansas City because we had arranged for “Red Cap” service, we were met at the train and taken with our luggage out front. I told the guy we needed a cab. He said “If you have a cel phone I can give you a number to call. He gave me a number to call and left us with our luggage out front. The cab arrived shortly and the driver didn't get out of the cab until he saw I wasn't moving. He unlocked the door and popped his trunk while I helped my husband into the cab. I pointed to our luggage and he told me to go get it and bring it to the cab. He took us to the rental car place (Avis) downtown on Main street stopped on the side of, not in front of the building, so I made him wait while I moved the luggage and my husband into the facility. Once inside the Rental car agent made us wait while he took a call on his personal cel. He did hold open the car so we could go out and he did ask the other worker to bring the car to the front. Of course after the car was brought they both left me to help my husband into the car and load the luggage. I was tired and crabby by the time we got to the Hampton Inn. The front desk clerk was a jewel. She explained that the accessible room we had booked still occupied since it was early and asked if we wanted to have breakfast and wait in the lobby. She gave us a code for our laptops, showed us a table were we could charge our electronics and even got us into another room an hour and a half early. We had already booked at 3 different Hampton Inns for our stops on this trip because their handicap accessible rooms are always top notch. The Hampton Inn people consistently go above and beyond. Stay here to be well looked after.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Osseo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had been traveling for 8 days from MN to Dallas and back again. We had just had a really poor experience at a motel and needed our last night away to be a good one. This was it! The staff was great. The rooms were so clean! The breakfast was amazing!

Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I hardly have 5 star on my review and we stayed at several different hotel chains on our two week road trips, including homewood suites, residence inn, comfort suites etc and this is the ONLY hotel that I would give a 5 star.

Check in front staff is nice and friendly. They even called us an hour after checking in to make sure we are satisfied with our room. Hotel is modern and clean. There is always iced water, coffee, tea in the lobby. One evening as my husband was down to get water for my kids, the hotel staff even offered him bottled water.

Swimming pool is in excellent condition too. Hotel staff is always around to check and once we are done swimming, someone was already there to replenish the towel even though we only used 3 towels.

Breakfast is of decent quality and a lady is always around to check and replenish stock.

Yes, it is not in downtown Kansas but Kansas is not that big and it is only a 15-20 min drive to the Crown Centre area. There are LOTS of restaurants close by so you do not have to drive down town neither to grab a bite.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who plans to visit Kansas City.

Des Moines, Iowa, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Hampton is our chain of choice when we don't want to splurge and/or we absolutely do not want anything to go wrong. I consulted TripAdvisor for hours trying to determine where to stay in or around Kansas City--after all, it is nice to stay somewhere "different" when you travel. Unfortunately, the places that caught my eye all had mixed reviews, so I decided we should just go with what we know is a good choice. The Hampton Inn near Liberty did not disappoint.

We stayed three nights in a regular room with a king bed, which included a mini refrigerator (but no microwave). The staff were friendly. Everything was clean upon arrival. The WiFi worked perfectly. The climate control was great--a thermostat on the wall allowed you to set the temperature. The bed was ridiculously comfortable.

Breakfast was typical Hampton fare, with at least two hot dishes ready made (e.g. eggs and sausage). There were cereals, breads, bagels, muffins, donuts, yogurt, milk, juices, and of course hard boiled eggs. I am surely forgetting a few things, but I do recall a waffle iron as well. My only complaint is that the juice was too watery on the second morning.

The location was quite convenient. It is right next to I-35/Hwy 69 (but still very quiet), so travel is easy. There are a lot of places to eat nearby, as well as a few grocery stores in case you want to stock your mini refrigerator (Aldi and Hy-Vee are less than a mile away; Price Chopper is just over a mile away). It is also surrounded by stores in case you've forgotten something you need.

All things considered, it was a pleasant stay, and a typical Hampton experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Janesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel at least 4 times and was happy with everything. The staff was excellent, breakfast was very good. The pool was very clean but tasted salty and had a very strong chlorine smell.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our family of four stayed here for three nights. Pool and hot tub were nice. The breakfast every morning was excellent. And Wanda running the breakfast area always kept everything well stocked. She is so friendly, it was like having mom making breakfast for you on vacation. Hotel was very clean, rooms smelled new, beds were comfortable. It was only 10 minutes from Worlds of Fun. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty? Share your experiences!