“Great, SMART Hampton” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
St. Louis, MO
“Great, SMART Hampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I don't typically take the time to review Hamptons, but this place was great. Very close to tons of restaurants and shopping, and right off the interstate, which is always nice. The room was very clean and had NBC Sports Network, which was great for this hockey fan.

But there's one small reason I'm writing this review. They installed outlets on the wall between the two queen beds, perfect for plugging in ipad, phone and computer. I think there were four outlets, maybe six. There's nothing I hate more than having to slide out the bedside table, or worse, the mattress, to find a place to plug in my phone near the bed. Very thoughtful touch, I wish every Hampton would follow this lead.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

290 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stay at this Hampton several times a year for work. The property is spotless. The staff is always professional and friendly and the breakfast is always warm and good. This location is very close to places to eat within walking distance or just a 1 or 2 minute drive away. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Arcadia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Although I frequently stay in Hampton Inns, this is the first one in which I have stayed that had the "Grab and Go" bag for those who need to have breakfast on the run. Even though I had had the complimentary breakfast, the friendly receptionist urged me to take one of the bags when I checked out if I so wished. It contains an apple, a bottle of water, a granola bar, and a muffin.
The bed was comfortable. This was a quiet hotel with the standard pool and fitness room.
I would stay here again if I was in this area of Kansas City.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel both going to and returning from a college reunion. It is located near the freeway and close to a shopping center, several nice restaurants, and gas stations. The rooms are clean and modern. The staff is extremely helpful. The only shortcoming I found was that the electric plug for my c-pap machine was hard to find in the room we had for the return trip. On the way down, a plug was conveniently located on the wall next to the bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor away from the freeway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was a great hotel in a fantastic location on the north side. Quiet area. Clean room. Friendly staff. Pool was a nice, clean area. We would stay here again if we were in the area. Breakfast area was nice with plenty of space for everyone to find a table.

Junction City, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

After taxes the price for one night was $150.00. I have no problem paying this as long as it is worth it. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. Staff friendly. The A/C is a thermostat on the wall so the air kept clicking on and off all night long, light that came through the door made it hard to sleep and when the A/C was off you could hear as other guests' room doors opened and closed. All. Night. Long. Pool was freezing but the hot tub was really nice. The floor in the pool room was un level and slippery and I was scared I was going to fall the whole time. It has a good location and an amazing shower. Hot water with awesome water pressure. I could never stay here again though because of how hard and uncomfortable the beds are.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
gkoch0318, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay with us. I want to personally apologize that the beds were not of the high standards we expect.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in place and of the highest quality. I am sorry this was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we have followed-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Please contact me directly so I can gather more details and make things right.
Jewell,Iowa,Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Not one glitch. With reasonable rates, a totally well-groomed facility, a friendly and helpful front desk folks, the experience got even better when we opened our 4th floor room door. Absolutely beautiful. Clean? It sparkled. Even the hallways are a colorful delight. The morning breakfast was pretty standard for a Hampton Inn, but somehow the seating areas added to the entire experience. If given a chance, we would look forward to our second stay.

Room Tip: Try to book ahead, for on our Friday night stay the motel was full. Our room was on the northwest si...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty? Share your experiences!