“Lots of Privacy & Best Hotel Breakfast in Town!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #37 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
“Lots of Privacy & Best Hotel Breakfast in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I recently stayed at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza for a romantic overnight getaway. I booked the room last minute before leaving work (and got a fantastic deal, with free breakfast included the next morning).

We pulled up and noticed there was valet parking service. "Oh man," my husband complained, "this means they're going to charge us a ton of money to park." When the valet came over, he asked if we wanted valet or self park, so we chose the self park, thinking it would save us a buck or two. He didn't pressure us to change our mind, and very politely showed us where to get into the parking garage.

Check-in was also super simple. The man at the front desk was friendly, chatty, and got us our room keys rather quickly. He also told us about the free shuttle service to and from the plaza, and the hours of the hotel lounge. We headed up to our room feeling very welcome and happy with my spur of the moment decision.

The room itself was clean and comfortable. We had pizza delivered to our room without a problem. The bed was very comfortable as well, and we had a decent view of the city skyline from our room.

The breakfast the next morning is really what impressed us. A full buffet with everything from French toast to biscuits and gravy, country potatoes and a omelet bar. The wait was very friendly and we left feeling full and satisfied. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Allentown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was my 2 nd stay at the marriott and I can't wait to go back. Not only is it by all the shops and restaurants of the plaza it's comfy beds, great restaurant and service are fantastic. Make this your place to stay for KC

• Stayed November 2014
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

This was my first time staying here, and I was extremely impressed. From the minute I arrived, I was blown away by how courteous everybody was. Kevin at the front desk got us squared away and throughout the whole trip, the entire lobby staff never let me open a door and quickly arranged transportation on the complimentary shuttle to the Plaza. I am coming back in a couple weeks to Kansas City and have already booked again at this hotel. Great service all around!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Normally, I stay at the Raphael Hotel on the Plaza, but it was booked on my last trip. The Marriott Country Club Plaza was a suitable substitute. The staff are friendly, but were a little disorganized at the front desk. The rooms were fairly typical of other Marriott hotels.

Others have commented that the hotel is not right on the Plaza, but it really isn't a challenge as it is just a couple of blocks away which is an enjoyable stroll.

I would stay at the Marriott again, but wouldn't go out of my way.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am glad you had the opportunity to stay with us rather than the Raphael. I know we are just a block from the Plaza - however our courtesy shuttle will make it super easy to get to and from any location on the Plaza day and night. It runs from 8am until 11pm during the week, and until midnight on Friday and Saturday. Hope you have the chance to stay with us again.
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a group of about 35 people staying at the KC Marriott CC Plaza, all guests for our daughter's wedding. In addition to reserving a block of rooms, I also arranged for use of the Concierge Lounge (during off hours) as a private event space for our group, pre-ordered a breakfast for the Bridal party on the day of the wedding, and provided all our guests with vouchers for brunch on the morning after the wedding. We had a lot more going on than just reserving rooms. From my initial meeting with the event/wedding manager at the hotel (almost 9 months prior to our stay), until our check-out, the customer service we experienced was excellent. Staff, starting with Valets, Bell Captains and front desk have all been well-trained; they are friendly and efficient. All the special arrangements I made for food/beverages in the Concierge Lounge, in-suite breakfast, etc. were handled flawlessly. We never had to call the desk to inquire about service as attendants regularly checked with our groups to see if anything was needed. The food that I ordered from Banquet Services for the lounge and our suite was wonderful (homemade potato chips and freshly made dip were a group favorite). Ours was a well-traveled group accustomed to staying in hotels all over the world, and everyone had a positive experience at the Marriott CC Plaza. As with most hotels, some areas of the Marriott could use a facelift, (which I was informed would start during 2015), but given the choice between upscale digs and outstanding customer service, well - more people remember the quality of the service at a hotel versus the color of the carpet in their room! All areas of the Marriott were clean and neat throughout our 3-day weekend stay. Our guests are still talking about how much they enjoyed their stay at the Marriott, and how the special arrangements the hotel put in place enhanced everyone's ability to spend time together during the off-hours of the wedding weekend. In addition to the quality service, the location is perfect for those who want to do some site-seeing, as it is close to major attractions such as Union Station, the WWI Memorial Museum, the Kemper and the Nelson-Atkins Art Museums, as well as the Country Club Plaza. All the amenities and services we wanted for our guests were covered, and as a result everyone left with good memories of the weekend and a smile on their face. What more could anyone want?

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Country Club Plaza.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
GreatExpectations076 - awesome review! Thank you for all the details - I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff that was involved. Happy to hear everything went as planned - we hope to have you back!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff is wonderful. Helpful, friendly and accommodating. Great bar and bar food in the lobby. ADA room was adequate but small. The roll-in shower didn't work well. The shower head is opposite the shower seat. There isn't enough pressure to reach the seat. And the shower head is too far from the seat for the individual showering to reach. Another curious thing. The vale guys won't park a car that has handicapped controls even though the car drives as a normal car. Yes, we saved $15 a day, but I don't get why the valet can't park the car.

• Stayed November 2014
Scrappy Texan -

Thank you for your feedback on your review. I was concerned to read of the issues you experienced while with us - I would like a few additional details to resolve some of the problems you came across. Should you have the time available please call the main hotel phone number and ask for the Guest Services Manager - I would be delighted to take your call.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed here a few times over the last 6 years and the place has a 1980s feel. It is clean and well located. It is a short walk to country club plaza which is a nice shopping/dining area. The staff is friendly as most Midwesterners are. The indoor pool is small and has a small hot tub. This area could stand to be cleaned more often. The gym is nice for a hotel. The breakfast buffet is adequate and the dining staff is friendly and helpful. It is walking distance to a few Art museums. The hotel is slightly cheaper than the Courtyard, Intercontinental and Raphael in the same area. It is a decent place to stay for a fair price but is in need of updating.

Room Tip: Views are not an issue at this property
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Panster we are happy to say we will be undergoing a full renovation of the entire hotel in 2015 - we hope you have the opportunity to try us again and thank you for the review!

Been to Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!