“Roomy, functional, friendly and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #46 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Roomy, functional, friendly and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here for three nights while attending a conference at the Kauffman Foundation. I can't say enough good things about the hotel and staff.
Check in was faultless. Room was spotlessly clean and well appointed. Everything we needed. A couple of maintenance issues that shouldn't have happened, but they were so efficiently and effectively dealt with that I continue to give top rating to this facility.
Did not use any food facilities except the lobby bar for a late night nightcap. Good service and friendly bartender.
Parked our car and forgot it for the entire stay. Complementary shuttle service almost any place we wanted to go, but terrific service to/from Kauffman Foundation anytime we called. Thank you, Gavin. Parking at $15 a day seemed high, but I didn't check other options in the area.
By far the most impressive asset for this hotel is its attitude toward its guests. Every time we entered or left the hotel the staff was on hand to help, hold doors, greet guests. In addition an hotel administrator or concierge person was floating in the lobby to meet/greet/offer assistance. Friendliest place I have ever stayed!
A definite keeper!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate all the positive comments. It is great feedback to share with our staff.

We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
St. Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Not having the best experience at this hotel. While I'll do think it is a decent value, there have been to many compromises and disappointments so far. Things started off ok with check in, but then i was hit with the $15 a day parking fee. my bad i guess for not checking on that sooner. Then while going to park, neither of my key cards would let me into their garage. After getting some help with that, I finally found a very narrow parking space. Other reviewers have noted similar problems. Many cars just take up two spaces. The next surprise was that there is no free wifi in the rooms. It's $9.95 a day. I was very surprised at this considering where this hotel is located and it reputation. Last straw was the lack of sleep I got from the extremely loud guests down my hallway. Every time someone opens and closes a door, everyone in m y family can hear it. Hallways quite noisy. Next morning I needed to print off tickets for an event when i was told only one computer in the lobby connected to the printer could connect to the Internet and of course it was being used. A staff member took me in the office and helped me out, but still annoying. One last minor issue was the pool. The pictures on here and on their website are pretty deceiving. The pool is petty small compard to the size of this hotel. It is short and very narrow,

Positives are location and price. Staff also seems nice and attentive when I needed assistance.

I partially blame myself as I was late trying to find a hotel in country club plaza. My first three choices did not have vacancy or a pool - which my kiddos needed. If available, I would try the Hampton inn.

Hope they continue the upgrades to make this true to the Marriott name. Won't be coming back...

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a wonderful property, if a bit dated. Their extraordinary staff is among the most attentive, helpful, and caring you will ever find. I have never felt so doted upon at a Marriott. It is close to the plaza district where you will find no end of great dining and plenty of shopping. The elevators are currently being updated so, at any time, one of three is out of service. Allow a little extra time getting between your room and the lobby at peak hours. Note that the spaces in the self parking are quite narrow.

Room Tip: Request a room on the south or west side for a better view. The north faces a parking garage and of...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Country Club Plaza and for sharing your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for five nights last month as part of a Conference fully held within the hotel – from opening reception to closing banquet. The staff at the front door were the friendliest I’ve ever encountered. The front desk staff was polite but I didn’t feel as knowledgeable as they could be. (I needed a place for a casual cup of coffee and they said the only place was a fancy place a few blocks away – they sells coffee for $3.00). The clerk forgot to mention that one-block further is Winsteads – sort of like a Denny’s and open 24 hours!

Anyway, if there is one downside to the hotel it MAY be the location – depending on what you need to be in KC for and whether you have a car or not. It’s not really that close to much. It is not downtown – if you need to be there – and it is a 10 minute walk to Country Club Plaza – which seems to have every major chain restaurant in the country plus upscale clothing stores. If you want a drug store, that’s another issue. There is a CVS about 15 minutes’ walk uphill. (Note that the hotel did provide shuttle service to both the CVS and the plaza. So, again it’s location. If you want to see the two free art museums they are literally a block or two away. But to get to other museums, you need to take infrequent public transport. So that’s the location issue, which may – or may not – effect you.
As a conference hotel the place is great. The rooms were the right temperature and the food during breaks was good. The banquet food was – well, it’s banquet food. There is a large bar in the lobby along with two PCs for guest use (though they might want to replace the keyboards since about 10% of the letters were gone on the keys. <g>
The hotel has two concierge floors which include key access to the concierge room where they serve snacks (and even hot hors d’oruves) and soft drinks from 5-7 pm and breakfast (nice selection) from 6-9AM. BUT this is only on Monday-Friday Morning and Monday to Thursday evenings. At other times you are on your own. (Winsteads is a good breakfast option or if you don’t mind a 15 minute walk (a bit uphill going – but downhill returning) I’ll suggest Broadway Coffee – a great local roaster with killer pastries. Yes, you can have the buffet or a la carte breakfast in the hotel too. It’s open for lunch but not dinner (at least it was where we had our opening reception so it was closed to public then.)

While I’m discussing food.. The BBQ place in the Plaza is good (but make reservations). The nearest funky BBQ place is Gates but it’s too far to walk to. If you love ice cream head to Westport – 20 minute walk for Murray’s GREAT STUFF but – except for summer, they are closed Mondays and Tuesdays, so check first.. I found out the hard way.

Well there you have it. The hotel is great and I’d recommend it IF it meets the location you need to be in, and whether you have a car or not.

Room Tip: If you want a Concierge Level Room, choose Floor 19. Both 18 and 19th are Concierge Level but the pr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of our hotel. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and hope to have the opportunity to serve you agian in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came to KC for a nice weekend. Had a reservation for one night and when we checked in I inquired about getting a 2nd night. She did! Mind you it is Fathers Day Weekend and the big concerts too! The room is wonderful! Room service was great and the hotel staff, they are amazing! It has MADE our weekend! Thank you Marriott!! We will be back!!

• Stayed June 2013
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
We are delighted that you were so happy with your stay and we look forward to having you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Spent the weekend here with my girlfriends. Can't say enough about the hotel staff. Everyone was amazingly friendly and accommodating. We felt pampered. The location is safe and is convenient to the the shops and restaurants on the Plaza. There is a courtesy shuttle which we took to dinner one evening and walked back.

The breakfast was an awesome surprise :). Our room was nice for the price. We had a king bed with a sleeper sofa and easy chair which made a nice place for us to visit. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in Kansas City!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 19th floor which was very quiet with little or no street noise. Nice view of Plaza...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the great comments. We take great pride in our hotel, staff and service.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Warsaw, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Overall this was a very nice hotel for the money. It has the feel of a 4 star hotel and the price of a 3 star. Rooms were clean and had nice views and the hotel had been well updated. I read previous complaints of slow elevators, they are working to update them and the finished ones are very fast. The restaurant was also very clean and had one of the best breakfast buffets I have had. The entire hotel staff was friendly, helpful and professional.

I did feel a little nickle and dimed since internet, parking, and breakfast were extra, but the room rate was very low for this type of hotel so I guess that's the trade off. I also thought the beds were to soft, but that is my own opinion and not a reflection on the hotel.

I'm looking forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Sales and Marketing Office

Been to Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!