“Awesome staff!” 5 of 5 stars

FREE BREAKFAST + PARKING
Ranked #34 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
“Awesome staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel has the nicest most amazing staff! Especially Ravis, I would like to put him in my pocket. And Chris the bartender who I would like to give a performance review to. The rooms are nice and they will change all of your bedding to feather free bedding if you have feather allergies. And will make sure you are put in a low level room if you have a phobia with elevators. They also have an awesome shuttle service and their shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion smell AMAZING!

• Stayed February 2013
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel and our service! Our staff always wants to ensure all our guests have an excellent stay and are happy to go the extra mile. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sales and Marketing Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott For a conference for three nights. From the minute we checked in, we were well looked after. Front desk staff was outstanding and very helpful! Hotel has a free shuttle to the Country Club Plaza as well

Our first night was off to a rocky start, as soon as we settled for bed, which was late after a day of travel, we heard water gushing on the floor in our bathroom....the toilet was over flowing! It was a literal flood in our room....which quite frankly, sucked. It took a few calls to the front desk to get someone to come up (I don't think they understood at first that the toilet was literally overflowing) but once they did we were taken care of. A new room on the 19th floor, which is a concierge level was given to us, as well as our first nights stay was removed from our bill. This was very nice, and the second evening I had a knock at the door with a fruit and cheese tray and waters from Kevin, the front desk manager.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, and would commend to anyone staying in KC. I love the Plaza area, and it's so convenient to be located so close to shopping and restaurants.

Thanks again to the staff for making our stay so great, even with the hiccup we had.

The elevator was very slow, and the rooms could probably use an upgrade, especially the shower/bath. Beds were extremely comfortable. We had a group rate and I would have a hard time paying full price, regardless of how satisfied I am, $259/night is crazy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review. First of all we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced; we are happy to hear that everything was remediated to your satisfaction. We take pride in our staff and service and we appreciate you recognizing that.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here two nights last weekend while I was in Kansas City for a conference. I really like the hotel. It was updated and both the room and the public areas were very pleasant. The front desk staff was very helpful each time I spoke with them. Just about my only complaint was that the elevators were a little slow. It seemed like maybe only one out of three were working most of the time. But other than that, I had a very good experience and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the delays with the elevators. We are diligently working on fixing the problem.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was unimpressed with this hotel. They have 'rennovated" the restaurant and lobby area about a year ago, but they didn't let their imagintaion run riot, It reminds me of a hotel from the 70's or 80's without being cool. In addition, I had a poor experience with the manager. When I arrived I had left my wallet on an airline seat on a flight from Hong Kong to KC via Chicago. The staff at the Marriot were more concerned about me producing a credit card (even though my company had guaranteed payment of the room (and at least a further 40 rooms that week) , than letting me check in. Only a very prefunctory call was made to Ameircan Airlines and the rest was left to me (a traveller from Australia) . In addition during the week I was constantly denied credit until I produced a credit card. I much prefer the Intercontinental, which is more convenient to the plaza, and the staff more friendly, and still carries old world charm in their bar and breakfast lounge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here first weekend in December for an NFL Game. 10 Minute drive to the stadium. Excellant location. Within walking distance of Country Club Area full of restaurants, bars, and shopping. Room was excellent. Did have a drain problem and staff was there in less than 10 minutes. Fixed the shower drain, but was still slow. Offered to change rooms or give us 5500 Marriot points. Was very happy with staff and service. Pool area was very nice with great view. Free shuttle service to entertainment and restaurant area with great recommendations. A little distance from downtown, but did not need to go there. Will return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review, We appreciate the positive feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

From the front desk to maintenance, these folks are some of the best. The property is in very nice repair, and just off the plaza. Special kudos to Kelley (sic?) in the executive lounge. What a very sweet young lady, and beautiful English accent. She was one of the most attentive executive lounge attendants I've ever experienced. When walking by maintenance or housekeeping they always smiled and spoke. I stay in copious hotels throughout the year, and rarely give a perfect rating, but this one deserves a five plus. You will not go wrong here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing south to the plaza.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear such great feedback from our guests. We will make sure your compliments are shared with our staff. It is our goal to make every guest feel welcomed and to ensure they have an excellent stay.
Please keep us mind for your next trip to Kansas CIty, we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last weekend. The staff at the front desk were extremely nice and very helpful. As soon as I checked in my room was ready. The room was very well cleaned and it had a nice feel. I ordered room service which came in the time that they said. Everything was great about this hotel. The best thing was that the front desk staff were very nice and put me in a positive attitude about the hotel. I will definitely be staying at this hotel when I come again to Kansas City.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for the great review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are proud of our staff and service and it give us great satisfaction to hear our guests recognize it.

We look forward to serving you again in the future,

8163034559 - direct