“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7600 NW 97th Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64153 (Formerly "AmeriSuites")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Movie Package
Ranked #14 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Nebraska
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great location off/near the interstate. The room was immaculate and cozy, and looked exactly like the hotel pictures provided on the site. Great for business travelers. They offered first-run movies in the room for a small cost, which we took advantage of. It was great not having to leave your room to watch a newer movie. Small office area is downstairs with a printer or two that we were able to use without any issues. Wi-Fi connection worked well in the room and was easy to use. Breakfast was great and offered a good variety. My husband and I stayed here with our son for one night. It would have been nice to relax by the indoor pool or hot tub, which they did not have, so we were a bit disappointed. Please note that there are two double beds in the rooms, and we are used to queen size beds. Close to restaurants (Cracker Barrel is a block away) and shopping is close-by at the next exit. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Elwood, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

It's hard to go wrong with this chain, the room was spacious and clean and QUIET, being near an airport this was an unexpected plus. The only reason I did not go five stars is the breakfast seemed a little below what I've experienced at other Hyatt Places and unless there is parking many of us didn't see, there are not enough spaces. People were parked along the curbs and in the street and that's not something I appreciate at a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels close to KCI to avoid an hour drive the day of a flight, but will never stay at another hotel but Hyatt Place going forward. For the price, the room was very large and had a great set up with the "living room", wet bar and work desk as well as a TV which can be seen from both the bed and the couch area. I easily would have expected to pay double for the size of the room, and many of the neighboring hotels were priced more for smaller, plain rooms.

I used the Park and Stay package (or whatever it is called), and it ended up being less than $4 per day to park at the hotel lot compared to $8 or more for local parking services. That price cannot be beat!

I do have 2 small gripes with the hotel. The 1st was the conflicting info between the main Hyatt reservation # and the hotel itself. I tried calling the hotel directly, but got just a fast busy for 2 days straight so decided to call the 800# since I needed to make sure the airport shuttle started early enough for a 6a flight. I was told at the reservation # that the shuttle started at 4a whereas once I checked in was told it was 4:30a. Also, they overbooked the shuttle and we had to depend on the Sleep Inn shuttle to get us to the airport on time. The 2nd issue was the cleanliness of the "bed in bag" for the couch. While the blanket in the bag was tied up like it had been "quality checked" by housekeeping, it actually was dirty with food crumbs all over it...I ended up not using a blanket at all on the couch and it went back into the bag.

While I think the hotel needs to get it's local # fixed and be on the same page as the main reservation line, this won't stop me from using this hotel for all future trips.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Peachtree Corners, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Due to the snowstorm in Kansas City, I was stuck for two nights. It made being stuck less painful. The rooms are really nice--the flat screen tv massive. The work desk was big enough to spread out my materials, and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were beyond helpful and really should be applauded for their positive attitudes. The happy hour 1/2 off prices were really good and the 1/2 off appetizers were very large. I had the cheese tray which included warm herb bread, and the nacho supreme with chicken. Both really enjoyable. The driver took me to walmart to get some supplies when I saw that I would be stuck there for a while. He was great and very nice, making sure I didn't slip in the snow.
The breakfast was really good, but for folks that are gluten free it leaves you to cereal or yoguart. I wish more places would at least think about gluten free folks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Slingerlands, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Blizzard meant two nights here. Staff was fantastic and very patient with the sold-out group of patrons. Excellent food options! Really healthy choices and a great breakfast. Able to work (free internet access) and play (nice gym). Great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NEWBERG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We met here for a meeting of about 10 people. The rooms were spacious, free wifi, nice desk, nice kitchenette. There was plenty of room downstairs for happy hour (half price drinks) or gathering in lobby. The free breakfast was about the best I've seen! You can order other meals but they weren't that great. They also have free shuttle to airport or Zona Rosa for shopping and more restaurants. I would definitely go again for a meeting place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Muscatine, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed by many things:
1. The staff is very friendly. I checked in and the lady helping me was very helpful and friendly, made me feel very welcome and answered my question.
2. This place is CLEAN! I mean, clean as in my wife kept commenting on how good it smelled throughout the hotel's lobby, elevator and halway to the room.
3. The details! They had a bunch of nice green apples in the entrance for you to have as a snack at no charge!
4. The room: NICE!!! We had one with two double beds and it includes a pull out sofa. You can easily sleep 6 in the room with comfort. The room had a large flat panel TV, two sinks, a mini-fridge, a microwave, the beds and pillows were comfortable. I didn't see any dirt or defect anywhere whatsoever. The rooms and property throughout are renewed. Everything looks and is in great shape!
5. The breakfast: WOW!!! This is not your typical cheap breakfast. They had: bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, milk, o.j., oatmeal, yogurt, and freshly made breakfast muffin sandwiches with egg, cheese, ham, and bacon. Simply EXCELLENT!!! and all included in the price.
6. You also get wifi and parking at no charge.

I would definitly be looking for Hyatt place hotels when I travel!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!