“Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7600 NW 97th Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64153 (Formerly "AmeriSuites")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Movie Package
Ranked #14 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Muscatine, Iowa
“Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed by many things:
1. The staff is very friendly. I checked in and the lady helping me was very helpful and friendly, made me feel very welcome and answered my question.
2. This place is CLEAN! I mean, clean as in my wife kept commenting on how good it smelled throughout the hotel's lobby, elevator and halway to the room.
3. The details! They had a bunch of nice green apples in the entrance for you to have as a snack at no charge!
4. The room: NICE!!! We had one with two double beds and it includes a pull out sofa. You can easily sleep 6 in the room with comfort. The room had a large flat panel TV, two sinks, a mini-fridge, a microwave, the beds and pillows were comfortable. I didn't see any dirt or defect anywhere whatsoever. The rooms and property throughout are renewed. Everything looks and is in great shape!
5. The breakfast: WOW!!! This is not your typical cheap breakfast. They had: bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, milk, o.j., oatmeal, yogurt, and freshly made breakfast muffin sandwiches with egg, cheese, ham, and bacon. Simply EXCELLENT!!! and all included in the price.
6. You also get wifi and parking at no charge.

I would definitly be looking for Hyatt place hotels when I travel!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Decided to stay here on a whim instead of going to Minneapolis. Neither my fiance nor I have stayed in a Hyatt Place but we loved it! Loved how open and big the room was for the single king bed (which I would say is a queen not a king). Great big couch and it was nice to see the vanity area separate and outside from the shower and the toilet. I made the mistake of forgetting shampoo and conditioner and really did not like what the hotel provided (the fragrance was horrible -- but it was my fault!) Did wish the towels were a little softer... they were quite tough and hard. Breakfast was free and was good!

The hotel is so close to everything. Close to downtown, only just minutes away from Zona Rosa (seriously down the street), and not far from the casinos or the Plaza. If looking for somewhere around everything this is definitely the place. When we arrived Sam showed us around and was super friendly. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ajijic, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love the Hyatt Place hotels because the quality is consistently good. We were here on business and booked a room for three nights. We got a great deal by pre-paying for the stay. The bathroom is larger than other Hyatt Places where we have stayed, but still on the small side. Otherwise, the bed is comfortable and the room is well insulated against noise from neighboring rooms. We were pleasantly surprised to find the breakfast served at 5:30 a.m. on Sunday morning. We woke up early to leave and were so happy to have coffee and large breakfast buffet waiting for us before we got on the road. A plus for this hotel is the location - -near the airport and the Zona Rosa district. I highly recommend this hotel to couples and families.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We always book at this hotel before flying out of the country. The hotel makes it easy to leave your vehicle and shuttles leave on the half hour. The staff is always courteous and the rooms consistently clean and comfortable. The large flat screen TV is a plus for viewing in the sitting area as well as the bed. We've never had a bad experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have stayed here twice in the last month. The rooms are spacious and clean. They are also very quiet. The staff is very friendly. We really liked having the food and drinks available in the lobby -very convenient .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I live in Mid-Missouri and occasionally fly out of Kansas City. I have visited the property since it was built and this property is consistently reliable to Hyatt standards. The rooms are clean, staff are friendly and thoughtful, location is excellent and there is an airport shuttle with a park and fly option. Generally I have no complaints about this property, but my last stay was less than perfect. Corners in the room showed signs that housekeeping isn't regularly utilizing the corner tool on the vacuum, so I had what looked like soy nuts. Everything else in the room was just as it should be.

Dining however was another matter. I elected to order several items from the 24 hour menu and the regular menu. The Tortilla Soup and Turkey Club were very good, but the pizza took two attempts and it was served stone cold in the middle twice. Front desk delivered the second pizza with affectionate apologies, but that pizza too was cold. I just didn't eat it and decided not to complain again, because the front desk person was so nice and apologetic the first time I complained.

This property has a nice bar, Starbucks and breakfast was quite good, although the fruit salad seemed to smell too strong.

Overall, recommended but I hope to not have the same problems when I return.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bloomfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport for one night on our way out west for a road trip. I was greeted by the friendliest, most helpful staff one could ask for. Her name was Sam and she was awesome. It was around 8pm on New Year's Day when we checked in and we were only in KC for one night. We wanted to try some serious barbecue and asked for recommendations. She told us to head up to our room and she would make some calls to find out which of the best places were open on the holiday. She even printed out google maps directions for us. She was so helpful - and her recommendation led us to the best burnt ends we ever had!
Additionally, the room was big and nicely appointed with a huge tv that had lots of channels and even hookups for dvd players and game systems. The breakfast was great and again the morning staff was totally friendly.
Only negative is the linens - the sheets were rough and the towels were like sandpaper. Still, the accommodations were tops and the service could not be beat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!