“Great place, large rooms, friendly service, close to airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport

You added Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7600 NW 97th Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64153 (Formerly "AmeriSuites")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #6 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Phila Area
“Great place, large rooms, friendly service, close to airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had a quick one night stay recently and choose the Hyatt based on reviews and price. I made a good choice. The hotel is very clean, modern. The rooms are very, very nice! Large sitting area, wet bar, couch, comfy bed...all good.

The staff was extremely friendly when we arrived. The hotel has a nice lobby area with tables to meet and work. They also have a small bar serving drinks and bar food and they also have happy hour specials. Very nice to have after a long day of travel! There is a also a Ruby Tuesdays next to the hotel if you want to eat without driving anywhere.The hotel also offers free shuttle to some other restraunts and shopping area.

They do have complementary WIFI and breakfast. The only complaint on the breakfast is they were very light on fruit. Just some berries and over ripe bananas. They did have a selection of hot and cold items to choose from, so other than the lack of fruit, it wasn't bad.

Overall, a very pleasant stay. Next time I am in town, I will stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here one night with 3 kids. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the room was clean. The TV was huge and swiveled so we were able to point it towards the kids in the sitting room while we read books in bed. The only problem we had was the A/C didn't work, but it wasn't hot or cold outside so we really didn't need it. When we all were getting ready in the morning it got a little warm in the room, but it wasn't a big deal. The breakfast was very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is close to the airport without being right next door. It is also easy to get to the Zona Rosa shopping area via the surface street next to I-29 where you can find a wide variety of decent food options, a Barnes & Noble, plus assorted stores, if needed. I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the bed, the room size, and the amazing breakfast that is included. An excellent value. I was on a business trip and stayed 5 nights. It was quiet - I was at the end on the 5th floor - and the service was very friendly. Never had time to workout, so can't say anything about that. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was in room 502 and it was just what I like - at the very end of the hall away from the elevators...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

A nice bright lobby welcomes you. The rooms offer a comfortable bed. The spacious room has a seperate living area with a nice couch. Free breakfast has numerous hot and cold options and real silverware. If ever given the choice, I always choose a Hyatt Place. Never disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012
Saint Joseph, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here with my daughters and friends for a girls weekend. The room was lovely and well stocked. While checking in they asked the girls which floor they would prefer. They of course choose the 6th floor. The employees were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and had choices for everyone. We love staying at Hyatt places because of the great rooms and breakfast!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Alliance, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We've stayed here for the night on our way to Branson Mo. I choose this hotel because of its location , very closed to the Interstate 29, easy access. When we got there late at night , I was greeted with a warm smile from the nice nice lady, I was hungry then I asked her if they've got a fruit that I can buy. She told me yes we have , I give it to you free. I am shocked but very happy because they are so nice to me. My over all experienced was very memorable. Clean hotel, neat appearance, very good breakfast. I wish all hotels just like this & I will be happy.. I give this hotel a Five, 5, V stars.. All the staffs are friendly it adds up to the package. Good job ladies..Wish to come back again not soon but someday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

It was our first time staying at this hotel. The staff is very accommodating. The beds are extremely comfortable, the clean room is very spacious. Loved the TV that could be watched either from the sitting area or the bed. The house wine is very good. The breakfast is delicious & had more choices than most complimentary breakfasts. I would recommend this hotel to every traveler. We shopped at Zona Rosa & this location is perfect for a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple