“Decent for the price, but not up to major chain standards” 3 of 5 stars

Chase Suite Hotel Kansas City Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9900 NW Prairie View Rd, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Ranked #57 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Kalamazoo, Mi
“Decent for the price, but not up to major chain standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I booked this hotel through Hotwire, and paid half the standard rate. I was very pleased with the value I received, however had I paid "full" price for this room, I would have felt differently as you can get a suite hotel for a similar price through Marriott or Hilton chains, plus get the rewards points. Free internet, breakfast included as well.

Room Tip: Not a traditional hotel; set up in multiple two-story "apartments". I'd ask for one a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The prices on the hotel were extremely reasonable so you're always a little leary of what the quality will be. It was basically a studio apartment for much less than some of the surrounding hotels. It was great for a short stay and would even better for a longer stay with the full kitchen. the couch and carpet in some areas showed a little wear/ tear but the bed was VERY comfortable. The kitchen appliances were fairly new. Great assortment of TV channels and plenty of room. We didn't make it for the continental breakfast but it looked like there were fresh pancakes and other choices. I'd very much recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: I always request upper floor in case you have noisy tenants above you...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

The rooms are great, but both times we have stayed, there are issues with loud neighbors outside, and small children running the upstairs all day and night. Hotel staff refused to do anything more than call the room, which resulted in multiple people jumping on the floor to let us know that they would not be quiet. If you want peace and quiet, book elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms are exceptional
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

my first impression of the hotel is that they didn't have my reservation. after driving 8 hours, that is exactly what i wanted to hear. (sarcasm) so, after a few phone calls and about 20 minutes, they finally downgraded us from the room i booked online. after much wrangling, i received the difference back into my account.

the room itself was alright. spacious even with six of us in the room. it was clean, and nothing really wrong with it. it was really handy to have a full kitchen as we were there for 8 days and went grocery shopping.

they were renovating some areas, and i found a nail and screw in the parking lot right by my car. i took it into the front desk and the lady said "that's not supposed to be out there." I have a feeling that was the extent of their concern for guests' tires. also, one of the stairs broke up to our room. one of my friends almost fell through but was able to catch himself.

there is a pool which we used, and a gym that i went to everyday. the laundry facility is $1.50 per wash and $1.50 per dry, which is not unreasonable. breakfast was decent each morning, but being there 8 days we got a few repeats. the business center is upstairs, and allows you to surf and print for free, so that was nice.

the location is pretty close to wal-mart, restaurants, a movie theatre, and zona rosa, an outdoor shopping mall. downtown kc was about a 25 minute drive which also wasn't bad.

overall, i would suggest chase suites for a long term stay. the front desk was helpful and courteous generally.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011 via mobile

I travel a lot for work. I didn't book my hotel fast enough so ended up at the Chase. Its not bad, if your on a budget. Or need long term. Bigger than your average room it has a full kitchen couch and bed. The TV is tiny.
The bathroom is okay but the hot water stays hot for all 5 minutes.
There was ants in the room also.
Not my kind of room but it would be good for above reasons or traveling with a family.

• Stayed July 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

When I arrived, the room was just like the pictures on the Internet, all was good except the wooded steps outside my room, when I was walking down the steps, they were so old that I feel and hurt my ankle, also there were bugs in the bed as well, they were very quick and curteous as far as taking reports and catering to my every need during my stay, I would go back once its Remodeled, Beth at the front desk told us that the steps are dry rotted and they were in the process of remodeling, I believe her cause their was some buildings getting fixed already.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

It was a very hot blistering stay, and our air conditioner broke. The staff was very helpful and quick at resolving the issue, even though it was a Saturday and the air conditioner needed replaced. We were offered different rooms, or a temporary room while the repairs were being done. We were compensated for our inconvienance.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites are very nice for families
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Chase Suite Hotel Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!