“Great Convenient Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Hayden, Alabama, United States
“Great Convenient Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Candlewood Suites Northeast in Kansas City, MO is a really great place to stay. It is new, everything works great. The exercise room is very nice as is the indoor heated pool. Sitting on a hill that gives a view of the Kansas City skyline is a perfect location. I was able to get downtown in 15 minutes, several of the casinos are within a ten minute drive. Being on the northeast puts it only 25 minutes from the stadiums, both baseball and football. The staff is outstanding and always speak when you pass the desk. They make you feel welcome to be there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the Interstate. It reduces the road noise and provides a wonderful s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DebraJGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I hope others find it to be helpful when booking a room in our area. We enjoyed having you with us and look forward to a speedy return.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Candlewood Suites. The room was large and comfortable. Luckily we were on the top floor so didn't suffer from noisy guests above us. The staff were friendly and had a smile and a hello every time we passed reception. The hotel was located opposite World of Fun but it was closed during our stay so we were not bothered by noise.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room on the top floor to avoids unwanted noise from above
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
comfortliberty, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the review. My staff and I enjoyed having you here. Have a safe and wonderful time in your travels. Hope to see you again.
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This company is a fraud! I booked and paid for my entire stay in advance (a month) on line before taking the trip to see World of Fun with my family. They charge showed up on card which was all good and fine. However, when I checked in, I could not remember which credit card I had used and nor did they inform me (they should have pulled that information at my check in) Next thing I knew, they also charged my other credit card for the same stay besides the charges I had already paid for on my original card. They then again charged my original card and said, that was the cost which would add up to almost $1360.08 for two Queen rooms for 3 nights. Unbelievable! Plus, when the fraud dept from my credit card company tried to conference in with the billing at this hotel, she would not accept our call as she said we were rude! What a nightmare hotel and rude staff. They try to cheat a customer and then refuse to acknowledge that they did so and show an attitude!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
comfortliberty, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Im sorry you feel that way. We tried to explain to your credit card company the the charge was put on one credit card but credited on another one. It was not our intent to mislead the charges in any way. We truely apologize for the confused in this matter.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

All of the staff at this property are hospitable and warm. I was there for over 2 months and not only were they good to me and my team, they were also good to my dog. The Director of Sales always had "Milk Bones" waiting for my dog each day. A wonderful place to stay and very accomodating. It was nice to have such a great family so far from home! I miss the staff very much!

Room Tip: Ask for the side opposite of 435 to see the KC sunset and city lights.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
What a wonderful thing to say. The entire staff loved having you here aswell. We miss you and the puppy very much. See you both soon.
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have stayed at the Candlewood at least 50 times this year and in the next 3 months will stay an additional 15-20 times.
The rooms are laid out perfectly for work, pleasure, and comfort. You can work on your computer and watch tv, cook and watch tv, eat and watch tv. The beds are fabulous and if you don't like the firmness of a pillow you can swap it out for one more to your liking. If I have a problem(like a broken light switch) they fix it promptly.
The staff is professional and courteous. Debra J, Dina, Aleshia, and Lydia bend over backwards to help you(even to the point of booking me into another motel when they were full).
It is truly my home away from home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words. That is how we want every guest to feel here. But you have become more then a regular guest - you are part of our family. Thank you very much for your business
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 8 months two years ago and everything was fine....boy have things changed. I really feel that the staff can make or break a hotel....and this hotel fails on customer service...BIG TIME!

We are trying to quit smoking so requested a non smoking room....so while outside having a smoke at 7:30 p.m. a man (in what we found out later was a stolen truck) tried to steal our trailer. He had broken the lock and jacked it up and if we weren't outside all our belongings would have been gone.

Now I know that hotels post signs everywhere stating they are not responsible for lost on stolen vehicles or personal property. But they do have responsibility of care and safety of their guests. I did not sleep or feel safe after the incident. It was the weekend, but I wanted to talke to the GM Ms. Scott, just for some reassurance, some comfort....the front desk called and spoke with her and I was then told she said she would talk to me on Monday. The young man who works nights said "Welcome to Kansas City". I have never been at a hotel that not one person cared. So, yes, there was one person....Lydia, the sales manager, and although by Monday my stress level was through the roof and all confidence with the hotel staff was gone....Lydia did understand that we were looking for a new place and would be leaving.

Also, I know a lot of people don't pick up after themselves, but the gazebo where you smoke went uncleaned the hole time we were there. Even though the trash was emptied you could always see sticky can rings on the tables, ashes all over the floor, scum all around the grill. The pool area was so hot that in 104 degree weather they were opening the door to outside. The level was also low and didn't get refilled until Monday....needless to say, I didn't go swimming.

There are no security cameras at this hotel...oh wait, there is one in the pantry guarding their precious m&ms!

The hotel is fine....but when you have an extended stay a person expects just a little more than fine...it's your home away from home. A staff makes a big difference and they need to care. The hotel is full....and that's all they seem to care about.

We are pressing charges against the man who tried to steal our trailer.....if they catch him....I am at a wonderful hotel now. Everyone has been so nice so far. I feel safe. I slept well....but it's only been one night....will let you know more soon!

Room Tip: If you must stay here whether on vacation or working....don't leave anything in your car...I was...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DebraJGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
We are sorry to hear of your unhappiness of our property. I ensure you that our staff holds a high regards to our guest safety. When I was called I was informed that nothing was taken or broken or hurt so, the thought was to talk with you in the AM after all events settled, I understand now that was a mistake on my part. This is a nice area but things can happen anywhere at anytime. I'm glad to hear you found other accomodations in the area.
Stillwater OK, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I reservered a smoking king suite back in April, on arrival I was given a queen non-smoking, they also charged my debit card 7 times, I had the funds available but would have been embarrassing if I had not. I eventually got a queen smoking room and they credited my debit card. However, on May 31 I booked a queen smoking room and by chance today I checked and they had modified my room to a non smoking room again. On calling the front desk, the receptionist or however she was, was extremely rude telling me that a guest had extended his stay and that he had "squatter rights" to the room. I don't give a darn about squatter rights or this person extending his stay. I reserved a smoking room and should get a smoking room. I was also NOT notified like the first time that the room had changed from a smoking to a non smoking. Changing my reservation once was enough, changing it again without notification is irresponsible and unprofessional. I will NEVER stay at this Candlewood again.

Room Tip: Candlewoods are good hotels if you dont' get booted out of the room you reserved due to people e...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
comfortliberty, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. However, in the extended stay hotels guest do extended and check out earlier than they original reservations. We did try to accommodate you with a room for your stay. I totally understand your frustration and we do value your comments. We will try and inform our guest quicker when changes occur.

Been to Candlewood Suites Northeast? Share your experiences!