“Come hungry.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fogo de Chao is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,141 Restaurants in Kansas City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wornall Road
Kansas City, Missouri
“Come hungry.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This place is a dinning experience. Your meat is always hot and served right to you. The services is second to none. And they have a great wine selection. This place is a must visit if you like meat. It's very laid back, you don't have to rush. I'd recommend going with a large group of people to sit back and fellowship while having a great meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lees Summit, MO
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I last ate at Fogo for a business outing. The drinks are good, the food is very good but what really makes this place is the service. It may not be the cheapest place to eat but it is nice when someone else is paying. I wouldn't take a first date since you are overwhelmed with food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Kansas
“Meatapalooza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I never thought I'd hear my husband say "Please, no more meat!" But it happened at Fogo de Chao:) I personally like the salad bar the best, but I've always been a sides girl myself. I tried to sample a tiny portion of each kind of meat, but it was so overwhelming and I was getting them confused by the end. I remember liking something that was garlicy. My husband liked all the bacon wrapped options, but eventually had to say enough was enough and leave while we could still walk. How people are able to try the drinks and desserts, I will never know?!?

Visited February 2013
Jamaica
“Meat lover's unite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Wonderful staff, amazing food, well worth the price! Gave us a free desert for our anniversary ~ very sweet!

Visited September 2013
Derby, KS
“Meat Lovers Paradise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was a great place to eat to celebrate my son's recent job offer out of college! As my subject line states, it's a meat lovers paradise! Literally this place has great carnivore offerings. In contrast to other steak houses I have been to with this same model, they can get you the meat to whatever specifications of doneness you desire. They have what looks like a great salad bar but I have to admit that I didn't spend too much time at the salad bar LOL. They will bring servings of mashed potatoes and other small bowls carbs to share family style to the table.

However, make sure that you bring your wallet because this place is expensive. Weather or not this place is worth the expense is really up to individual tastes. If you love meat prepared with passion and is tasty beyond belief than you probably will only wince at the tab. But if you are in for more of a full traditional fare than you probably won't like the price tag.

It is definately worth at least one visit to see if you like it. Of course at that expense you won't be visiting too often even if you love it!

• Visited July 2013