“Tapas and sangria” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bodega - Kansas City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,242 Restaurants in Kansas City
Dining style: Casual Dining
Kansas City, Missouri
“Tapas and sangria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is a perfect location for white or red sangria. White is best. Had several tapas and loved everyone of them. Great to share the tapas. Friendly staff. Wonderful for happy hour and lunch. Great for groups of friends. Clean and stylish. Perfecto.

Overland Park, Kansas
“Good food, drinks, and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Quickly: tapas are like appetizers. In Spain people meet at restaurants instead of the home. Tapas are the food they share when it isn't meal time.

La Bodega is a fun place for happy hour or a late lounging dinner with friends. Drink Sangria and eat tapas.
My wife lived in Spain for several months and has been craving Spanish food for two years. She was so excited when she heard about this place.
We went for a late dinner.
She, we, were not disappointed, the food was really good. She tried four different tapas and each felt authentic. We liked the Sangria too.
I thought it was really expensive. For two drinks and enough food for my wife to get full and me to get not hungry we spent over $60.00. That being said, my wife was so excited I am sure we'll go back. I'd maybe just suggest going in the middle of the afternoon between lunch and dinner or after dinner for a snack.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City
“Fun for friends, Sangria and Tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Fun place for happy hour to lounge with friends, drink Sangria and eat tapas. I would recommend going with girlfriends and not with husbands. Things get expensive with a man eating tapas. In any case, it would be a fun and relaxed place for a first date. Although, it can get busy and crowded and may not be the best for long and deep conversations. Everytime I come here I enjoy myself. For me it is a girls night out kind of a place.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Simply LOVED this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

A few of my friends and I had our monthly dinner get together at La Bodega! All I can say is that I loved this restaurant! The atmosphere, food, service, the wine list…I could go on! All the dishes we ordered were amazing! We all choose a few tapas and just kept ordering as the night went on until we were full! A few of the dishes we tried were Costillas Cortas, Montaditos del Carne de Cerdo, and Datiles con Jamón y Chorizo. I would strongly recommend a reservation on a weekend. Can't wait to visit again with the hubs!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Daufuskie Island, South Carolina
“Holy Yummie - ness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I LOVE tapas / small plates! It was our first time eating at La Bodega while we were traveling from South Carolina to Colorado. The atmosphere was amazing. They have a great wine list and menu. Two dishes that I remember were amazing were the spanish paprika encrusted pork that was so tasty and melted in our mouths and the flash fried shoshito peppers tossed in a smoked spanish paprika sea salt. SO YUMMY. PLEASE PLEASE try this place, you won't be let down!

• Visited December 2013