“Horrible hotel with terrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Horrible hotel with terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway. The issues began when I called to make a reservation and was put on hold twice during the call for a total of 10 minutes because they were too busy for me. On Saturday afternoon my boyfriend and I were enjoying each other in bed when two men on a lift came up to our window and started painting. We had no warning that they would be doing so. We went to talk to the manager due to embarrassment and inconvenience. The manager was too busy to talk to us and rather a 18 year old boy tried to handle it by giving us $15 off our room. Not to mention, the pool was tiny, no hot tub, the rooms smelled and there was a giant hole in our floor that they simply placed the couch over to hide. Would not recommend to anyone!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oak Ridge, Tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The stay started with an easy check-in by Jenna at the front desk. My room was ready and I got to check in a little bit early which was so appreciated after a 700 mile road trip.

The room was clean and the bed was awesome. The room AC/Heat unit worked perfectly keeping the room comfortable and with spring weather, you could end up needing air conditioning and heat in the same day.

The breakfast was one of the best. Bacon, sausage, cheese & egg omelets, hash browns, sausage gravy, biscuit, make your own waffles, tons of pastries, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, juices, coffee and a clean, spacious dining area in which to enjoy the meal. The overnight manager had done the preparation and did a splendid job and was a delight to talk with for a few minutes.

This place is a stone's throw from Worlds of Fun. It is near the interstate and there is some slight road noise occasionally, but nothing that would disturb anyone. When I come back to KC, I will definitely be staying here again.

Green Features: Green schmeen, I don't worry about the hotel's environmentally-friendly practices but I do want clean, and this hotel was extremely clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Jenna N, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We appreciate your feedback! While we are proud of our green practices, we definitely prioritize our overall cleanliness to keep guests comfortable and happy. Thank you for recognizing our efforts. We also value your business and hope to see you on your next trip to our wonderful city. Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Awesome hotel stayed here many many times while traveling with work.. The hotel is always in tip top shape the staff is amazing an always has a smile on there face. The breakfast is really good they have a really nice exercise room with se light weights which is not found very often in a hotel exercise room. The hotel is in a good location for work or for Worlds of Fun easy in an out access an easy interstate on an off access. i give a big thank you to the management an housekeeping for caring for this hotel Thanks Danielle Peterman

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for recognizing our new and improved breakfast. More importantly, thank you for recognizing our amazing staff. Danielle is truly amazing, and we are so lucky to have her as an employee. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve. We hope to see you again soon!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my stay at Comfort Inn because I was able to check in late after traveling on the road majority of the night. Next I was greeted by an extremely sweet girl named Jasmine at the front desk who was very cordial and polite. My stay only improved after learning that breakfast was made every morning and our rooms were incredibly clean. The indoor workout area, indoor swimming pool, and dining area only continued to sweeten the deal. Overall, I loved staying at Comfort Inn & Suites (The One Near Worlds of Fun) because it was clean, friendly, and extremely affordable.

Room Tip: Corner Suite was massive
Green Features: Lighting is perfect, not too bright, but not too dim.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Jenna N, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review! Jasmine is an exceptional Guest Service Agent and we are lucky to have her as an employee. I am glad you enjoyed our newly updated breakfast, as well as our other amenities. Thank you for also recognizing our exceptional housekeeping team. Please let us know if there is anything we can do better. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We checked in late in the night and were pleasantly welcomed by the night attendant. After sleeping in the very clean and comfortable room we enjoyed a wonderful hot breakfast. The attendant on duty when we checked out not only was very polite and cheery she was also very helpful. We were asking for the closest shopping center she printed directions for us and offered us cold bottles of water. Great staff, clean, wonderful amenities and not over priced. We will stay here every time we travel that area!! Worlds of Fun was right across the street.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for reviewing our beautiful property! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Guest service is our priority, so I am happy to hear that we exceptional guest service was provided to you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve. We hope to see you again soon!
Murphysboro, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, MO, provided affordable, comfortable, clean and conveniently located lodging to my family when we were in the area. We did not visit Worlds of Fun, but our children definitely want to return to this site so we can do just that.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the location provided great access to our destination as well as other attractions in the area. I would definitely recommend this location to travelers in the Kansas City area.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from the elevator. The traffic got noisy during peak hours.
Green Features: This hotel certainly provided opportunities to be friendly to the environment. There were recycling bins provided as well as reminders to conserve water and electricity.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jenna N, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your review! I am glad you recognized our efforts to go Green. We look forward to seeing you and your family again. Thank you!
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First of all, I loved the location. I liked being up North closer to the airport. My room was clean and the staff very friendly. From the moment I walked in, I was treated with the utmost respect. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your review of our property! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve. We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun? Share your experiences!