“Tasty Fare, Sugar Overload” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 45/64th St & I29
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
“Tasty Fare, Sugar Overload”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The fish isn't fishy and the entrée was excellent but it's impossible to find any dishes without a great deal of sugar. Perhaps offer some sauces that are not so sweet?

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Bang me please !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

You have to try the bang bang shrimp ! It's the very reason my family and I visit Bonefish! The other menu items are wonderful also, including Lilys chicken and the salmon. Delish!

Kansas City, Missouri
“Good food but what's up with the manager?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had dinner on Sunday evening, Jan. 15, 2013. We were greeted and seated quickly around 6:00p.m. We ordered wine but it took quite a while for it to come. The waiter (Tyler) actually came to take our order before we had our wine. My husband said we'd wait until we got our wine. The wine came and my husband ordered the Bang Bang shrimp as an appetizer, which he loves. We both were going to have the Dorado (Mahi Mahi) special but when we started to order the waiter said, "Oh, sorry, we ran out of that". It would have been nice to have known that before we started to order. I ordered the tilapia and garlic mashed potatoes and my husband had the Lily's chicken entrée. Both entrees were very good. While we were dining, I noticed that someone that appeared to be the manager to be speaking with a couple that were sitting behind us. He stayed at their table about 20 minutes and then came back with bread for them and then talked about 10 more minutes. I asked our waiter if that was the manager (explaining there was nothing wrong), he said it was. It was obvious, that the manager knew the couple. What I found very strange was that the restaurant was getting very busy at the time and I know our waiter could have used a little help. The manager finished talking to the couple and just walked back to the kitchen. He did not go to any of the other tables to check on food or service. We were there from about 6:00 to 7:30 and never did I see the manager go through the restaurant and check on anything. We enjoyed our dinner but as I said our waiter (Tyler who was trying his best) was a bit overworked and could have used a little help from the manager (at least he could have come around and asked). I think maybe I've watched too many TV food shows to see how things are suppose to be done.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Topeka, KS
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had just flown in to Kansas City and our airport food lunch just wasn't holding us anymore. We decided to give Bonefish a try and I'm so glad we did.

We arrived around 4:45 pm and were seated immediately. Our waitress was named Stephanie and she was friendly, upbeat and knowledgeable about the menus.

Hubby ordered the filet w shrimp. I had the pork chop. Yum. I also had the beet and goat cheese salad. Delish! I also had the pumpkin ravioli.

I didn't finish my entree so that I could save room for dessert. And that was a smart move! We shared a slice of the house-made key lime pie. Yum!!!

The bill for all of that food was around $50. We will be back!

Seattle, Washington
“"Good food for empty tummy"!;-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We've been here twice, foods and service were really great!. If your a seafood lover this is the right place for you.

Light was dim which give a kind'a romantic ambiance but if your reading the menu it wil really give you hard time especially if you have eye sight problem.
It was not a spacious restaurant that you really need to wait for available table so I suggest for a weekdays dinner so it won't be that busy.

Overall this is our favorite restaurant in our travel here in Kansas,MO.

• Visited October 2013