“KU visit” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Kansas City International Airport

You added Days Inn Kansas City International Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn Kansas City International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11120 Northwest Ambassador Drive, I-29 Exit 12, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Ranked #64 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Galena, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a weekend getaway. The hotel was very nice and clean. The room was very comfortable. The staff was very knowledgeable about the area attractions and we enjoyed the local restaurants, movie theater and a casino. The only issue was that the fire alarm went off. We called down to the front desk who told us to please leave the building immediately, which we did. We sat in front of the hotel talking with the other patrons and staff. The fire department came and checked the hotel and then gave the all clear to go back in. I thought the staff handled the situation very professionally and appreciated the way they made sure that every room was empty and that people did not go back into the building until they were sure that it was safe. I would definitely stay here again and hope to do so soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Okay, for the price it is not bad. I travel to KC about once a month and all I need is just a place to crash. The hotel is short staffed as there is nobody that watches the counter when they have to make a trip to the airport. It is not far but have had to wait up to 20 minutes in the lobby before to get checked in. Rooms are spacious for the price. The bathrooms are small but doable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Tulsa, OK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Between work and family fun I travel quite often. I can honestly say this was the worst hotel stay I have had in a few years. Reading my other reviews it can be seen that I generally give a fair review and dont expect to much from hotels that are generally regarded as budget to moderately priced hotels. This was an all around bad stay that started with poor customer service from the general manager. Check in was difficult and our group was not the only one having issues. The cleanliness of our room was below average, furniture was damaged, breakfast was poorly stocked with sour milk and the overall cleanliness of the hotel was terrible. I have to say we did recieve better customer service with some of the night crew and the indoor pool was decent sized, but outside of that I would explore the several other options in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

The Good: Comfortable mattress, not too loud for being close to the airport, accommodating early shuttle service, very nice staff.

The Bad: Parking listed as 'free public', but it's $5/day to park and fly with one night stay, breakfast doesn't start until 5am (the staff did get us packaged muffins and milk @ 4am), dated decor, not really any close restaurants( but shuttle can be taken), hotel definitely is showing wear and tear, but not too bad for a cheap place for one night.

The Ugly: I called to book early and asked specific questions about parking costs, shuttle, and breakfast times. Every answer I received was incorrect! Staff did accommodate us though.

• Stayed August 2012
Gambler_9, Manager at Days Inn Kansas City International Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for writing a review. we do not mislead but we have no control of websites accept days inn.com where true information is available. and we sell park and fly packages that includes parking. free parking is for the night that guest stays not for long term parking that is why we sell packages online and directly at hotel. so please when you making a reservations in advance please ask for park and fly packages if not then we charges $5.00 per day parking so please call us directly or visit daysinn.com.
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was by far one of the WORST stays I have ever experienced. I'm not prissy. I've been to some luxury hotels and some "just adequate" places. We were booked at the airport Holiday Inn for 2 nights but got into town early and got a room here. BIGGGGG mistake!
When we arrived the shuttle driver dropped our stuff out in the driveway. We had no help into the lobby. No reception, no hello, not even a smile. We had to roll our bags AROUND paint trays left in the middle of the lobby (middle of the day). After navigating the obstacle course we managed to make it to the front desk and all the Indian Staff...obviously family. Nepitism at it's worst. We got cold stares and the one person who seemed to speak the best English checked us in and told us check out was at noon. As we were walking to our room we were stopped and told we had to pay an extra "pet-fee" though on Priceline it said tthis was a pet friendly hotel...they were not happy and eager to collect an extra fee from us.
After cramming into the elevator we prayed we'd reach our room (only 2nd floor) because the elevator lurched and banged the whole way up. But it get's better!
When we get into the room: Carpets greasy and dirty. Walls a mess holes, stains streaks of God knows what. trying not to be biased I hoped at least a warm shower would relax everyone. But alas...the bathroom though appearing tidy at first glance...REEKED of urine! I could barely sit on the toilet without gagging and was couldn't believe it smelled like a man's urinal! We skipped showers and kept the bathroom door closed so cats wouldn't get sick.
The next day at 11:00 they began knocking on our door, and ringing us on the phone asking when we going to check out. By this time my mother was livid. We left and on the way downstairs were told check-out was actually at 11. Not clear on Anything there and just dirty, dirty, dirty!
Breakfast was below average. No fruit...eggs, and just the coffee that was available tasted like someone filled the water from our dirty toilet. Could not wait to leave. Of course they let us sit out front without even asking if we needed a shuttle ride back to the airport...or if we had accomadattions elsewhere and needed a taxi. Ultimate lack of caring for customers.
I wouldn't stay here again if I was broke and hadn't slept for a week! i would stay in the airport, curl up on my carry-ons as a pillow and use the airport bathrooms. It would have been a better experience and i would have been able to get something edible.
Whoever says this hotel is acceptable must be used to staying in squatters filth and being treated like trash because I rarely bother to write reviews. A few spectacular stays that were noteworthy. But this is the first time I was compelled to tell of a miserable experience in an effort to warn people away from the dilapidated NIGHTMARE. With the paint in the lobby it was apparent they are trying to "re-model"....themselves. No professionals involved! And it SHOWS. Ackkkkkk!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here. The only plus was we didn't get robbed or murdered in our sleep. Supreme nasti...