“Authentic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Leesburg, Florida, United States
“Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I haven't been to Ireland but O'Dowd's is the way I picture an Irish pub. Guinness, Magner's, Jameson, Bushmills, all the regulars and much, much more. Old dark wood and so on. It's in the Plaza area of south KC and there are a lot of shops, restaurants, bars and so on. Worth a stop in to whet your whistle and get a good pour of Guinness.

Visited February 2013

Pekin, Illinois
“Horrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go to this place because of the roof top area that is heated and you can smoke a cigar and drinks with colleagues. When we arrived we were told that someone would come check on us for drinks. Never Happened! After waiting about 10 min I walked down and got our drinks from the bar. As I did this I noticed most of the servers around the host stand doing nothing. The whole time we were on the roof top no one came up to see if we needed anything. We had two drinks we got ourselves and ended up leaving. If we were being served we probably would have spent quite a bit of money since we had a size able group. There was other tables on the roof top and they commented the same thing no service, the sad thing is the downstairs was not busy at all. I can't comment on the food we never had a chance to order apps but with this type of service I am not inclined to return to this place. The positive thing I will say is the bartender was friendly.

Overland Park, Kansas
“Surprisingly good, wonderful Happy Hour specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have only been for Happy Hour, but this was a fun spot. The half priced appetizers and discounted beer were great. The food is not gourmet and with the name O'Dowds I would be surprised if you were expecting that. We had mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce and potato skins. They were both good and about what I have gotten from the frozen hors d'oeuvres section at Costco and made at home. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Our server was excellent and attentive. The atmosphere was nice and the location was perfect. I probably wouldn't eat dinner here and it may be unfair that I rated it highly just as a spot to go for a great Happy Hour, but I think the location, ambiance and service should count too and they are the same whether you are there for Happy Hour or dinner.

Visited October 2012
Amherst, New Hampshire
“Live Music and Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Both times that I have eaten here on a Sunday night, there was live music and was very warm and inviting. Throughly enjoy visiting Kansas City with the chance to sit, relax, listen and eat.

Visited January 2013
Derwood, Maryland
“Who doesn't love a good irish pub?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Heard about this place and checked out the reviews..decided to try for mself and see. We loved the decor/atmosphere and the aroma of good food. We had the soup/salad combo with the soup of the day 'Potato and Leek' simply heavenly. We enjoyed ale and such amazing food that filled us up what more could you ask for...a deifinite must stop if you're shopping in Country Club Plaza.

• Visited January 2013