“More than excellent, I can add five more stars in the Rating” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #43 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri
“More than excellent, I can add five more stars in the Rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Best hotel stay experience ever and great customer service. I travel quite frequently for business and leisure and I can say this was the best hotel experience ever. I never write a review about any hotel but this experience made me write the review. The hotel is good and over that the staff is awesome !!!!!
Everyone in the staff at the front desk, in all the shifts, were great. Gwen, John, Rachel, Charelle, Stephanie, Priscilla, Terry, Mark.... They always exceed your expectations by going one step ahead from any other hotels, which makes you feel like a special guest. They always welcome you with a nice smile. To quote an example, I loved the first conversation with Gwen and she said 'Let me know if you need anything at all, I am always here to help'. A lot of other hotels will have this as a standard script but when they say it, it feels like a "standard script". What I felt here was a friendly voice more like your family, especially when you are away from home. I can give a lot of such examples.
They are very patient, knowledgeable and helpful. They always provide a good suggestion about what to do, where to go around and how to go.

Like the great staff, the manager Brent was also awesome. It was always nice meeting him.

The hotel is located at the right place with all the attractions around it. The hotel rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. They maintain it really well. Access to Business Center, Gym, Executive lounge makes it even better.
The staff at the executive lounge, Angela and Mine, were great and always had a smile. Very friendly and nice.

Overall, my stay here was the best ever !!!!
I would love to visit this hotel again and suggest this hotel to everyone who is visiting Kansas City.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear ZunilYumYae,
Wow! What a wonderful review of the Crowne Plaza – Kansas City Downtown! Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our property and calling out our staff – I personally know that each and every one of the names you mentioned along with the rest of our staff, take great pride in providing “One Step Ahead” service and are willing to go above and beyond for all of our guests.

Our hotel amenities such as the Business Center, Fitness Center and the Executive Lounge are perfect for those traveling for business or leisure; I am pleased you were able to utilize these during your stay with us.

Our location is also great, located next to the Power and Light District is perfect for those who want explore the city and all it has to offer with the array of restaurants, shopping and night life being only a short walk away or a short drive to many of the other destinations KC has to offer like the Plaza, Westport and the River Market areas.

I hope your future travels will bring you back to Kansas City and you will stay with us again.

Again, thanks for all of your comments; we look forward to seeing you again.

Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Alma, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We booked a good rate for this place on priceline. We were satisfied, you pay for parking separate, so we splurged for valet. Man, I love valet parking, worth every penny. I just don't know what to tip them. Daryl in the bar took very good care of us between 4 and 5pm. Elevators were fast and always quickly available even though the desk told me they were at 100% occupancy. This is a great downtown location and we recommend it, even though our TV only had sound and no picture in room 1501. Like most places they have those crappy pillows that appear puffy, but when your head hits it, is about as comfortable as a few layers of newspaper.

Room Tip: I think I would ask for a room on the East side for a better downtown view, but there are really no...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear ksbeef,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about the Crowne Plaza. I want to apologize about your TV not having a picture; I hope we were able to quickly resolve the issue for you.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our Valet Service, for future reference, some people choose to tip $1 or $2 dollars when you drop off your car and pick it up. Also, thank you for recognizing our associates in the lounge. They take pride in providing great customer service to all of our guests.

Please come back and see us the next time you are in the KC area.

Thanks again!

Paola, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Walking distance to many attractions in KC. The suite was beautiful and very large. Anytime I have things to do downtown, I'll stay here. The walkin closet was large enough to put a bed in it.
The view was stunning. Perks were nice too, executive lounge with cocktails and appetizers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear mrspcamp,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your visit at the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City Downtown.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and were able to take advantage of our Executive Lounge; the view of the city is beautiful. Being in such a prime location to so many attractions, restaurants and different venues is also a big plus.

We look forward to your next visit and can't wait to have you back as our guest again!

Thanks,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I come to Kansas City a few times a year for my job and every time I choose to stay at this hotel because of the excellent customer service I receive. Every time I check in, Rachel always greets me by name with a big smile. The rooms here are comfortable, clean and I love the welcome gift that is always waiting for me. I stay at a lot of different hotels and I must say that no other places value the fact that I am a platinum member like this one. I always look forward to going to the lounge after a long trip. The young lady, Lorianna, who is the bar tender in the lounge always knows exactly what drink I want and gives great service. Whenever I order room service it arrives quickly and the food is delicious. The house keepers do a wonderful job at making sure my room is tidy by the time I return from my meetings, I never have to ask for clean towels and extra soap, shampoo etc. Everyone that I have came in contact with at this hotel is friendly and willing to bend over backwards for whatever it is that I need. I have no complaints about this facility whatsoever! I wish all of the places I stay through out the US were exactly like the Crowne Plaza in KC!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Justjosie443,

Wow! Thank you for such wonderful comments about the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City Downtown. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoy your stay each time you visit.

I want to thank you for recognizing our associates, I have shared your comments and it has really made their day! We take pride in providing great customer service and appreciate when it is recognized.

I am pleased to hear you enjoy the comfort of our rooms as well as our Executive Lounge; it does offer great snacks and drinks plus a beautiful view of the city.

We can't wait to have you back the next time you are in Kansas City.

Aurora, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here one night to see a show at Kansas City Music Hall. This hotel is right across the street from the Music Hall. Definitely the closest hotel, a very easy walk. Our room was clean and we had no problems at this hotel. We will stay here next time we attend a Music Hall Show.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear tdrm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Crowne Plaza – Kansas City Downtown. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially our location. It is very convenient to several of venues throughout the city.

We look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you attend a show at the Music Hall.

Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I only stayed here 1 night in November 2013, but I wish I could have stayed longer.
The hotel is great and in a wonderful location downtown Kansas City. The walk to Power and Light was under 5 minutes.

Pros:

- upgraded to executive room / suite as a Platinum Member (the suite even had a walk-in closet, first walk-in closet I have ever seen in a hotel room)
- fast elevators
- fast internet speed
- very nice executive or platinum lounge (that does not charge for drinks)
- great water pressure
- extremely nice and clean rooms
- multiple power outlets everywhere

Cons:

- absolutely none come to mind

All in all, this was an awesome property and I will certainly return on future visits to Kansas City.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Majones7,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Crowne Plaza – Kansas City Downtown, as a valued IHG Rewards Club member we appreciate your feedback.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay; we would love to have you as our guest again in the future so you are able to enjoy the Concierge Lounge and one of our spacious suites again.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have had nothing but great experiences at this hotel. I usually come in for big concerts like the recent Pink show....which was a lot of fun. Gwen at the front desk was super nice and really made me and my crew feel at home. I'll be back for some concerts in 2014. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MoverShakerUSA,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City Downtown! I am happy to read that you had such a wonderful experience while staying in our hotel and a even happier to read that you will be back!

Thank you for recognizing our associates, I have shared your comments and it made their day!

Guest Services

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown? Share your experiences!