“Staff goes way out of there way!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #38 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Wonder Lake Illinois
“Staff goes way out of there way!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for the week and I could not say more about the staff. Always courteous and helpful. I would like to make a special mention however about Jeremy (valet) and Mine (restaurant). They were amazing. Their attention to detail and the abitlity to remember our names was OUTSTANDING!! I would recommed this hotel with every confidence that a guest would be treated with wonderful service and respect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Candy_G494,

Thank you for the great comments and recognizing our associates. I am glad you found our service to be courteous and helpful and appreciate the recommendation.

We look forward to seeing you again the next to travel to Kansas City!

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Convienant to convention center and power district. Quiet, great rate and nice size suite. A little dark. All of the staff were helpful except one desk clerk that had no idea how to treat a guest. Later found out James was newly transferred from houskeeping to the front desk. More training should cure the insecurity. Hotel shuttle will give you a lift within 3 miles.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear John K,

Thank you for being our guest. I am glad you found our location to be convenient to the Convention Center and the Power and Light District, you can't get much closer. I apologize if one of our associates did not treat you properly and I appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

We look forward to having you back as our guest again the next time you visit Kansas City.

Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Some friends and I stayed here because we were going to an event near by. We are all from Kansas City and had heard of the hotel but had never stayed so we all agreed it would be a nice place to stay. The onsight parking was a little high but definitely worth it. There was a concert at the Sprint Center so traffic and parking were a nightmare, we didn't hesitate when we saw the entrance to the parking garage. When we finally got to the front desk Rachel checked us in and was very friendly and helpful. She new exactly where we need to go for our event and even offered to have the shuttle take us. it was right up the street and the weather was nice so we declined. The room was clean, the beds were comfy the water was hot and the view was amazing. We will definitely stay here again. If Rachel is working i recommend having her help you, she was perfect!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Amber C,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Kansas City Crowne Plaza Downtown. I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and you found our staff to be excellent. Please consider us again the next time you need a "Staycation" downtown.

Kaysville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

What sets this hotel apart from the other downtown hotels is the staff. They are incredible and really customer focused. Rachel at the front Desk is always friendly, even when I arrive at midnight. She makes me feel welcome.

After one lengthy stay in August, I left my curling iron. Gina not only found it, she wrapped it up and it was waiting for me the next time I arrived. On my most recent stay last week, Gina left a hand written note to welcome me back! That is service. Monte & James are always super friendly and willing to do whatever needs to be done.

Oh and there is a Starbucks in the lobby... what more could I ask for? I love Crowne Plaza in KC!

Room Tip: I don't have any complaints about any room I've stayed in, however, the higher rooms have a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Staci K,

Thank you for recognizing our associates. They work hard to take care of our guests. There are many choices when it comes to places to stay and we are glad to have you as our guest and appreciate your continued patronage.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Kansas City!
Springfield Mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Right in the middle of it all, Very clean, older property, but accomadations, i.e. beds, tv,s showers etc very well kept. Very friendly staff. Very easy access from highway as well as access to parking garage with valet service. restaurant on premisis but 5 monute walk to Power/Light districe and 10 to sprint center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jteal,

Thank you for being our guest. You can't beat our location for enjoying the night life that downtown Kansas City has to offer. I am glad you enjoyed our accommodations and our friendly staff. We look forward to being at your service again on your next visit.

Thank You!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This past August my small nonprofit had our national training conference at the Crowne Plaza. I have planned many conferences before and worked with lots of hotels. This hotel was the best hotel I have ever worked with. The staff were VERY accommodating and professional. All of our needs were met and we never had to ask twice. Our biggest concern was internet and they made sure it kept humming the whole time. I even learned later that they made their own staff go off the wireless so that our attendees had faster connections. This was all done without me knowing. The hotel is very clean and updated. Our meals were fabulous (Make sure to get the BBQ). If you are planning a meeting the upstairs ballroom has wonderful views and it really made our banquet special. Thank you Crowne Plaza! Well done.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Emily Z,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. We appreciate the opportunity to host your group and, as always, appreciate your business. I am glad you enjoyed dining with us and I will pass your comments about the BBQ along to our Chef.

We look forward to hosting your group again soon.

Lawrence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I frequently spend our weekends in KC, and we ALWAYS stay at this hotel. The staff is courteous, professional and extremely accomodating. The rooms are always clean, and housekeeping is very responsive to any requests for more towels, toiletries, etc. On our last visit, we accidentally left an item behind that was irreplaceable, but we didn't realize it until we arrived home. I immediately called the hotel and spoke w/ an associate by the name of Robert Hudson. Realizing how upset I was at losing something so important to me, he personally went up to our room that we'd vacated a few hours before and searched the room for the item. He found it and had it shipped via FedEx to our home. When I called the next day to give get the tracking number for the shipment, another associate by the name of Calvin advised that Robert was out of the office for the week, but he took ownership of the issue - even though he didn't have a way to get an update until Robert's return, Calvin followed up with me for two consecutive days to let me know that he hadn't forgotten about me.
The level of service that these two gentlemen provided to me and my family is unparalleled. Crowne Plaza is doing something right - Robert and Calvin are assets to this staff! We look forward to seeing them again on our next trip to KC for a weekend getaway! Thank you both, Robert and Calvin! You made a sentimental woman VERY happy by returning this precious momento.
Jennifer H

Room Tip: The suites are totally worth the extra room, working space and sink/refrigerator!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jennifer H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. I'm glad you found our service to be "Top Notch" and that we were able to assist you with your lost item. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Kansas City.

Thank you for being our guest!

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown? Share your experiences!