“Right in the middle of where you want to be ...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #38 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Omaha, Nebraska
“Right in the middle of where you want to be ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Easy walking distance to the Sprint Center, Convention Center, and the Power and Light District. Plenty of great place to eat and meet with friends all. The Staff was super friendly and never hesitated to ask if there was anything they could do to simply make our trip easier and more fun.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear PJHoffnet,

Thank you for your review of your past stay here at the Corwne Plaza Kansas City. I'm glad to hear you found our location to be right in the middle of where you wanted to be. I hope we were able to make your trip easier and more fun as well.

The next time you travel to Kansas City, we hope you will be our guest again.

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
East Mids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Me and a couple of mates booked this hotel for a boys' weekend in KC. We originally tried to book into the Aladdin Holiday Inn, however, they were unable to accommodate us. Despite this, they referred us to their sister hotel - the Crowne Plaza. We were given an amazing suite with loads of space. It was perfectly located for the 5 minute walk to the Power and Light District for Halloween weekend. The staff were incredibly helpful and polite, the hotel was stylish and the room was superb. A very reasonable (govt) rate was provided. All in all an ideal location for hitting the centre of KC. The parking lot under the hotel with lift access was very useful. Would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Kansas City Crowne Plaza Downtown. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and you found our staff to be helpful and polite. You can't beat our location and the view from one our suites.

Make us your first choice the next time you visit Kansas City.

trevor-wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

a nice well run hotel with free in room internet (as long as you are a member, it's free)- the mariott is accross the street and more expensive and bad service. The wait staff in the restaurant is very good

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear trevor-wa,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. I'm glad you enjoyed our free internet access, it is available to all guests that stay at our hotel. I have to agree with you, the wait staff in the restaurant is very good and thank you for dining with us.

We look forward to having you back again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

A big shout out to Kenneth garner what a great nice man!! A++ for him!!

What a great experience Kenneth garner went well out of his way to serve us! This man deserves a pay on the back and do much more!!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Gavinandtristen,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. I appreciate you recognizing one of our associates and I will be sure to pass along your comments.

We look forward to being at your service again the next time you visit Kansas City.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a nice room, but the party across the hall was incredibly loud until 4am! Lots of door banging, people talking and laughing loudly in the hall right outside our door. We didn't complain since we didn't plan on getting up early anyway. The elevators to the garage parking were extremely slow every time we used them. The overall atmosphere seemed to be party central. Not really a family friendly place.

• Stayed October 2012
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear nALEhead,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We're very sorry that you experienced noise during your stay. I apologize that the noise interrupted the comfort of your stay. I wish you would have brought it to our attention so we could have addressed it. I have passed your comments along to hotel security. We want to provide you with the best guest experience during your stay.

Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your next visit!
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked the weekend here for our anniversary trip. Let me tell you that the staff here is wonderful and friendly. The service was 1st rate!
The room...well...
The bed was comfy, and the room was clean. However, the bathroom was very small and the tub area was dated. Don't get me wrong, age can add a sort of charm to a location, however this wasn't really the case.
When you walk in the front lobby its very nice and sharp looking and well kept.
It's really when you get to the elevators and above that the age is apparent.
The hallways was a bit dingy and the elevators were not well kept.
The location however was great!! Walking distance to great places to eat, get drinks, shop...you name it.
All in all we enjoyed our stay here. Thanks to the staff and the great location. Not sure if we'd stay again however.
The place just needs to be brought up to date a bit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BDarnell,

Thank you for your review of your past stay at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. I also would like to wish you a happy anniversary. I'm glad you found our associates to be wonderful and friendly and your room was comfortable and clean. You can't beat our location for enjoying all the things that downtown Kansas City has to offer.

We look forward to having you back again on your next visit to Kansas City.

Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I reserved a room for a conference at the nearby Westin Crown Center. When I arrived, I was told the hotel was full. No real apology, "just it is full". They recommended another hotel, but I chose--sort of randomly--the Crowne Plaza. I could not be happier. This is a very nice hotel with nice big rooms. My room is actually a 2 room suite. Free wireless internet and convienient parking. Seperate thermostats in each room, which is nice.
Rachel W. is the very kind lady who checked me in and she could not have been more accomodating. Unfortunately, I have to return to the Westin tomorrow because of a conference there. (I wish I could stay here and in fact I am going to try to change my reservation.)
The room I was given here is a 2 room suite with a seperate living room and 2 TV's. I do not have my family with me but if I did, this room would be perfect for my 9 year old to sleep on the couch in the living room while my wife and I sleep in the bedroom.It is a pull out There is an outdoor pool and a fitness center which is open 24/7
The only negative that I can see is that the hotel is obviously quite old. The elevators are small and kind of rickety and the locks on the doors and entrance to the parking required me to jiggle the card a little to get them to work. Not a big deal for me. This would be a great business hotel to stay for several days and for families to come along for the trip. I dont normally stay at Holiday Inns because I have Marriott rewards and Westin rewards--but obviously that got me no where at the Westin. I think Ill enroll in Holiday Inn Priority Club when I finish typing this.

Several reviewers have mentioned parking, but it is only $13 and Rachel mentioned that I could park on the street if I wanted to find a place. I decided to pay the $13. The parking is very convienient and the elevator to the parking garage takes you straight up to the floor (no need to change elevators and haul your stuff through the lobby.

The hotel is very convieniently located to several nice restaurants. I was tired after the trip and the hassel with the Westin and ordered room service. The price is very reasonable. I got chicken wings and Thai shrimp and both were hot and the food arrived in less than 10 min. The total charge for 2 appetizers was $17 including tax and tip and $2 delivery charge.

Everyone so far seems to actually care that I am happy--which is rarer and rarer these days. Ill be back here soon and may stay here the next few nights if I can work it out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear ma6907,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our suites and all of the amenities. I hope we convinced you that we are the place you should stay.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the Kansas City.

Thank you!

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown? Share your experiences!