“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Independence, Missouri
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We didn't stay at the hotel, we went to the Bar at Crowne Plaza. Lisa,our server was very attentive, and informative when I could not choose from the many items that looked tempting on the menu. Rick eventually chose the bison burger with the sea salt french fries, I chose The house salad with basil vinaigrette and the Turkey croissant. The Chef was very accommodating when I wanted to make a few changes with a salad which was by the way, delightful. The portions were more than expected,and the food phenomenal for a very reasonable price. We will DEFINITELY be back, and I'm sure on a regular basis. We also looked in at there High End restaurant and it looked beautiful. We will be trying it also.

Sheila Simonds

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I come to KCMO on a regular basis. My boyfriend and I decided to celebrate his birthday downtown. Selecting Crowne Plaza was a great choice. It's near the Power and Light District so enjoying the scenery was really convenient! The rooms are plush and modern. I appreciated the amenities such as free wifi and business center so I can take care of basic needs. I haven't had a chance to eat at the restaurant yet but the menu is enticing. Will try it the next time I book a room!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Although downtown Kansas City is in the midst of major roadway and bridge renovation and construction in all directions I found the Crown Plaza located downtown to be an oasis of comfort and calm amidst the storm of jackhammers and detours. I can only imagine how much greater it will be when all of the of the civic distractions disappear. That being said the management and staff went above and beyond the industry standards of service to ensure that my birthday weekend was one to remember for all the right reasons. Keep up the good work CP and I will continue to recommend you to family and friends.

J Darren Tinker

Room Tip: I feel the best rooms are facing eastward upper level which enable you to see the Power and Light di...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Lincoln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Fully enjoyed our stay. All of the employees save one were great. The parking lot elevators were not working Sunday morning. When I told the manager, who was busy chatting with a bellman, of the problem, he blew it off with, "they are always slow at check out time." On our ride down in a different bank of elevators a man and his little boy told of one the the parking lot elevators being stuck on their floor. Had the manager seemed at all interested, I would have shared that. As it was, we had to drag our luggage up four flights of stairs. With this type of leadership, it is amazing that the rest of the employees are so good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed one night (Friday) in August to attend a Royals game with family. I confess I normally would have picked a more budget-oriented place (HI, HI Express) on outskirts but wanted to see what downtown had to offer.

This hotel is nicely finished and in a prime location. Rooms we were assigned were very large, clean, two flat screen TVs, etc and the service was also very well done. We did have access to the concierge suite with a great continental breakfast and a very gregarious and friendly host on a Saturday morning. Tremendous views out over the Kansas River area and with an air show on great views of airplanes doing acrobats.

My only caution would be that on a weekend with proximity to the Power and Light district the hotel seems to attract its share of drunken frat boys to the lobby, elevator areas and it isn't quite the mix one seeks when traveling with elderly parents. But, the rooms and floor I stayed on were very quiet (24th Floor).

Room Tip: Room 2424 is fantastic!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Saint Joseph, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Great hotel at a great price. My husband and I live about an hour an a half from Kansas City, but decided to stay in KC for our anniversary. We wanted to be close to power and light, the Plaza and crown center. We chose Crowne Plaza because it had good reviews and was not ridiculous on price, plus it was close to every thing. The only negative I can say was the parking sucked. When we arrived we got a spot easily (around 5:00 p.m.), but upon returning from dinner on the plaza there were no spots left. We had to stalk people to snatch their spot. Other than the over crowded parking garage, we had a great stay. The room was very clean, and the sleep number bed was comfortable and in good working condition. The bar staff was excellent, she stayed open to take care of her guests, even though her shift should have ended at 11pm. She was very helpful in suggesting great places to visit within walking distance. I left my phone in the room after checkout, but when I returned the cleaning staff had already reported it and it was waiting for me when I returned to retrieve it. Great place to stay if your looking to have a fun evening in Kansas City.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Recently attended a concert at the Sprint Center. This hotel is within walking distance to the Sprint Center and the Convention Center as well as Power and Light area with restaurants. The room was very nice and comfortable. Hotel has Starbucks in the lobby and a bar and restaurant. The restaurant does not offer quick service. The atmosphere is very business like.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown? Share your experiences!