“Could have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Arlington, Texas
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

The location was great for the reason we were in town. It goes downhill from there! Kind of grossed out that the kitchen trash wasn't dumped prior to our arrival. Mentioned to the front desk and said it would be taken care of but when we returned 4 hours later it was still there. Not enough bath linens and had to ask for more which we did receive. Why would a hotel put only ONE washcloth in the king bathroom and only 2 in the room with two queen beds? The next day the trash was emptied but no clean bath linens again. Only removal of the dirty washcloths but not replenished. Our towels were still hanging where we left them on the back of the bath door and handles of the rooms. Had to go and 'rob' the maid's cart for more.
The beds were not comfortable. Mattresses seemed pretty worn out.
Our suite only had 2 remote controls for 3 TV's. Kinda made that a little inconvenient.
The breakfast could have been LOTS better. Only one waffle machine for that big of a hotel was not sufficient along with no instructions on how to use it. Took way too long. The scrambled eggs tasted like powder. Not enough choices for drinks in the morning either. Didn't even see any fruit. For the money it was not up to standards that a Hilton should be. I would certainly look into the Embassay Suites or the Drury Inn that were very close before I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
EmbassyKCI, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
I wanted to apologize for your less-than-enjoyable stay at the Homewood Suites KCI. I have copied your entire review to share with our Housekeeping Manager (quality of food), Chief Engineer (number of remotes) and General Manager (food quality). We hope your comments will lead to better stays for our future guests. If you would like to contact me personally, my telephone number is 816-801-2222. Please keep traveling and thank you for sharing your comments.

Carolyn McClure

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Clean, friendly, & Professional. From the time they picked me up to the time I arrived in my suite they were concerned about my well being. I felt pampered but in a professional way. No need for anywhere else to stay. This is and will be my place to stay if ever in Kansas City, MO again. Thanks Guys

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
EmbassyKCI, Director of Sales & Marketing at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Thank you for your kind words regarding our team members. We strive to make this your home-away-from-home. Our two-room suites, Suite Start Breakfast & Welcome Home Reception are the extras that set us apart from the rest. Thanks for staying with us.
Omaha, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

The room had a ton of space. Two queens in one room with bathroom and door that shut. Then a king and a bath in another rm with door. Then a decent sized living room with pull out couch that could sleep 2 small people if need to be. Great for a girls weekend or family trip. The two bathroom option in a suite is VERY nice! The hotel is a bit dated and could use a deep cleaning (dust on the window cornices) but the bedding was updated and decent quality. The beds weren't the most fabulous I've slept on, but we needed the room more for the space.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Southwest Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

My husbad and I traveled to KC for a brief meeting and then had a day to play in the city. We arrived early before check in and were happy to find our room already ready. I had booked a King room for two people. I got room 301 and ended up in this humongous 2 bedroom suite with two bathrooms. One bedroom was a master. Each room had a door. There was a nice kitchenette as well with everything you'd need to cook and serve a meal, except the food. I thought someone had left an adjoining room door open, but no, it was just a huge sweet just for us two. It was fun. The breakfast was wonderful, not your typical sad hot free breakfast. They had steam trays full of bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, a waffle iron, fresh fruit, a selection of coffees and teas, and your usual toast, cereal, donuts, pastries, as well. Parking was ok, the room was a little dark, but I didn't care. The bathroom looked clean, though the wallpaper was hideous. The furnishings looked dated, but in good shape. There was also a pull out couch so this suite could actually have fit 6 adults, but I wonder if it was a fluke since I only paid for a basic king room. It was fun anyway. Free wireless internet. Close to Zona Rosa, close to restaurants like MiMi's and Abuelos, the Smokehouse, etc. It was quiet and nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

If you have little children, I feel this place is a great one to stay! We have a nearly two year old, so we like the separated suite (living room has separate door to bedroom). The kitchen was complete with dishes,full fridge,microwave,etc.
We had no trouble with the reservations. The breakfast was hot. The only slight downside was- there were a lot of kids from church camps,baseball camps,etc...so breakfast was a little busy.
Also, they provided a pack'n'play with sheets and a baby blanket.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

I am HHonors Diamond VIP, so I know what I am talking about in rendering judgment here. As the previous reviewer said, all rooms reek of cigarette smoke, even the non-smoking ones. The rooms are old and crusty, the staff is okay but in no way compensates for physical plant deficiencies. I had to call the front desk to have them quiet down a horde of kids that were slamming doors and running up and down the halls all night. What worsened the problem is the guestroom doors have absolutely no soundproofing and almost seem to amplify the sounds from outside.

Will NEVER ever stay here again, I would rather stay at a Super 8.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
U.S.A.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

Yes, the hotel is comfortable and clean. I also found the housekeeping staff to be helpful and friendly.

However, although we were staying on a non-smoking floor, our room REEKED of smoke. We were there for a week, and I thought the smell would dissipate the longer we were there. I was wrong. Every night, we were assaulted with cigarette smoke coming through our air conditioning and bathroom vents from the room above us. One night it was so bad, we all woke up with puffy eyes.

I went through two cans of OUST and several fragrant candles in the week we were there. Plus, housekeeping ionized our room daily. It was never enough to fix the problem. Our room literally smelled like a bingo hall.

Staff did what they could, but the lay out of the hotel needs to change for the problem to be corrected. If you book here, make sure to use the "suite selection" feature on their website and make sure there is not a smoking room above the room you choose. Otherwise, you're in for a difficult stay.

• Liked — kitchen area well stocked and clean
  • Disliked — Smoky rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!