“trust this review” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Kansas City

You added Motel 6 Kansas City to your Saves list
Motel 6 Kansas City
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3636 NE Randolph Rd., Kansas City, MO 64161 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Kansas City North)   |
Ranked #83 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“trust this review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I read these reviews and I was scared to book this hotel, I think the reviews are unfair.. I booked the king suite.. it is wonderful..the room was clean..the bed comfortable and I am pleased with our service at the front desk..it isnt some big fancy resort but it is a nice place to stay at an affordable price.. the reason i booked it after reading the reviews is I like red roof inns that i have stayed at before and the manager was responding to the complaints and his response showed me he cared..

Room Tip: pay the little bit extra to get the nicer room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Belleville, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I have enjoyed this Inn several times. The access from the interstate is easy. The check in and check out was very good the clerks were very professional and informative. The room is very comfortable and very clean. My stay was very pleasant and I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Wichita
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

My girlfriend(at the time, LOL), and I stayed at this location on a Worlds of Fun trip last year. I wasn't making as much money as I am now, so I went for cheap(bad idea). The hotel front office makes it feel like you're checking into a prison. The room was dismal, dark, musty, damp, and I'm not sure if it was the season we picked(early summer) or not, but I spent a good part of the night tracking down small flying insects. The front desk didn't care when I informed them. The bed was comfortable enough, but the hotel is in dire need of new linen. I was scared to ask for a new set. The AC in our room worked decently at least, but that's one night I wish I could take back. Do yourself a favor and spend another $20 and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
hlloyd11, General Manager at Motel 6 Kansas City, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for taken the time out of busy schedule to share your review. I do apologize that your room did not smell fresh and clean. This occasionally occurs if a room is left vacant and the thermostat fan is not left running to circulate the air. We are also using a brighter bulb to give the rooms more light. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, so I can take the necessary steps to prevent the same problem in the future. I hope that you and your new girlfriend will give us another chance to make it right.

Just remember we are only 1.5 miles away from Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun.
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We decided to stay here for its easy access to local access. We when checked in, I looked under the bed and found a half full bottle of pepsi. The next morning, we discover a parking lot full of police as there had been a TRIPLE HOMICIDE here. We decided to get our stuff together and leave...as I was looking under the bed to make sure there was nothing else, I found more trash and saw that part of the fabric under the bed springs was pulled loose. Upon further inspection, I discovered a crack pipe in the bed spring area.

After loading my arms with baggage, I stepped outside and promptly slipped on the ice coated sidewalk.

When I went to the office to check out, I asked for the manager, but the manager was busy with the police. I told the front desk clerk about the issues we had, and was promptly told that they would fill out a statement for the management and gave us a total refund on the room rate, which I discovered they had charged us more then what I agreed to in the first place. A maintenance person in the office was very apologetic for the icy sidewalk, and told me that they couldn't access their ice melt as it was behind the police tape.

Overall, this place is not worth the Red Roof Name. The staff was friendly, and I appreciated the immediate refund of the room rate, but a TRIPLE HOMICIDE, crack pipe and icy sidewalk will keep me from staying at this location again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
hlloyd11, General Manager at Motel 6 Kansas City, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in February. At Red Roof, we are dedicated to providing our guests with a nice place at a nice price. Safety and Security are of paramount importance to Red Roof Inn. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. We have addressed the issues that you mentioned with the staff. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you give Red Roof the opportunity to serve you again the next time your travel plans require lodging.
Hutchinson, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

This hotel is run down and very lacking in maintenance. I would not even rate it as a 1 star hotel. The rooms; We had 2 rooms both were FILTHY!!! There was mold/mildew in the tub and shower area of both rooms, and around the ac unit in 1 room. There was dirt and trash under beds and behind night stand and dressers in both rooms. Both rooms had a very strange oder, so bad in fact I went out and bought air fresheners. The beds in the rooms are like sleeping on a board they are that hard and uncomfortable. The carpet in rooms needed shampooed badly if not replaced due to burn marks in it. The walls are paper thin you can hear every thing that goes on in the next room. The High speed internet is very slow. The lobby was some what clean but you could see dirt and dust along the walls and it needed painting badly, the carpet as well wore. The staff, was of no help at all and did nothing when you complained a bought noise. WE got very little sleep that night due to a party in the next room where the hotel staff did nothing to calm it down when we complained to them.

The hotel is located close to Worlds of fun and area casinos which is 1 of the reasons we were there, but i would rather drive 20 miles then stay here again.

If what you are looking for is a cheap hotel that is close to the casinos and worlds of fun, and can deal with the lack of maintenance, cleanliness, and non helpful staff then you will be just fine with this hotel. If you can't then you need to stay away from this hotel, I know I will be in the future.

BE forewarned if you check out the pictures of this hotel like I did they do not represent this hotel in any way. I believe they are very old pictures.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
kalamazoo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

First of all the room was suppose to be non smoking but the room smelled like stale cigars the odor was so bad it made my nose bleed, there was not enough towels and to top it all off the toilet was backed up so we had to plunge the entire weekend. and then the worst !!!! My husband droped his glasses behind the night stand so we had to move the night stand out and behind the bed was three inches of crumbs and dirt and food and dust it was a nightmare it was all along the wall the sheets had visible stains on them the air conditioner when on was like a north wind that blew until you were so cold you had to get up and turn it off and then in the middle of the night truckers came and parked out in front of our room so we heard a truck running all night need i say more ? DONT STAY AT THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Columbia, Mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Red Roof Inn is very comfortable for the money. The staff is very friendly and helpful. For the value this is a great place to stay because it is located very conveniently for casinos and amusement parks

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Kansas City? Share your experiences!