“Pay More Money and Stay Anywhere Else” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza to your Saves list
Expedia.com Ext. Stay America
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4535 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #68 of 111 hotels in Kansas City
Mc Cool Junction
“Pay More Money and Stay Anywhere Else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This place is a pig sty. Halls, Common area's and rooms are filthy. No glasses in the room and hadn't been vacuumed maybe ever. Front desk area a mess which fit in nicely with the rest of the place. The location is the only thing going for this hotel. If I had not Pricelined it I would have left. They rated it a 2 star it is less than one and I stay in a lot of hotels.

Room Tip: Close to Downtown and Medical Center but pay more money and stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we are going to strive to be more vigilant about cleanliness to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at plz@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Blytheville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I would first like to state the staff were friendly. However, the hotel is not worth the price. You're only paying the extra due to the location. When we arrive we got our room, only to get to it and find out that it had never been cleaned "GROSS" so we go all the way back down to find out that another guest just walked into his room and it was already occupied. This is pittiful, I dont know what type of system they are running, but it needs to be better. Didn't like the room, carpet was stained, the bathroom had mold aroung the tub, the door look like it had dried-up throw-up and blood on it. Less than a 1/4 of a roll of tissue on the holder. The hotel needs a better cleaning staff or retrain the ones they have. Also they need to renovate the bathrooms. Im glad I brought my bottle of disinfectant. I will never stay at that one again. I've had no problems at the other Extended or Homstead Suites in Overland Pk, Ks. I just assumed this one would be even better because it's on the Plaza..

Room Tip: Don't choose one at this location
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the level cleanliness in your room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to our housekeeping staff about the importance of following all of our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. We are now working to improve our offerings to ensure this type of experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I am glad to hear that you felt the staff was friendly, I will also share these comments with them. Please contact me, at plz@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Understand you're saving money by going with Extended Stay and you don't get the same service as a regular hotel. But you do get what's promoted, it's nice having a kitchen, the room was fine, the location is great.
On other recent reviews... Yes, it's a bit rundown, I wouldn't say 'major disrepair'. Everything worked. I had no problem with the staff, they were on the job, friendly & helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburg, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Hotel is in major disrepair, and it has just been covered in paint instead of fixed. There were random hairs in the kitchenette, and the bathroom looked like the maid attempted to make the bathroom look clean without cleaning it. The room is incredibly small, and their "Grab and Go
breakfast is not worth even grabbing. Save time and just go. Anyone who says other wise does NOT stay in hotels often enough to establish a real grasp on how seedy this hotel really is. There are better deals in the Country Club Plaza area, go find those.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Jessica - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I will be sharing your feedback and review with our staff. We will make sure that a member of management inspects each guest room prior to check-in moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at plz@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice little parking lot. My friend and I proceed to front desk to check in.

We parked in a little parking area but it was nice. We proceed to front desk and as we are entering two people are sitting outside shooting the breeze. No one at front desk. We wait and wait. My friend says I bet one of them is on the front desk. I say I don't think so because they would have come in. We waited about five more minutes and look for their number. We call the number and one of the people from outside comes in and say how can I help you. We give our res #. The room was nice. Set of towels for one person. We shared the towels and the next day I ask for towels and was told to bring the other towels down so they can keep up with washing them. One night someone gave a party in the parking lot-late making loud noises. Every time we came back to the hotel five to seven people were all sitting around. The last night we ask for a wake-up call to be out in time. NO wake up call! We will not stay there again unless it is for seven days or more and really maybe never.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Beverly - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Your comments in regards to how nice our guest rooms were, are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that we failed to properly inform you of our housekeeping procedures at check-in. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with our staff and providing them with additional training on how to explain our services moving forward. In addition, we will be reviewing protocol so that we do not delay a guests check-in with us.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at plz@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The staff is super friendly and efficient. it's a great location if you plan to be around the Plaza for special events or other gatherings. P&L District is just a short cab ride away as well. I like the fact that it has a kitchen- it makes it great for entertaining your in-town guests before heading out and enjoying the KC nightlife.

I will admit the room quality is average at best, but overall the stay is comfy and cleanliness has never been an issue. Just remember- it is a hotel designed for extended stay and is limited service, so housekeeping will not come by your room daily (unless you request it) and there is minimal staffing at night. If you need extra towels or any other amenities, they will bring them to your room by request.

I've stayed at this hotel SEVERAL times and have had zero issues with any of my stays. It's one of few hotels in the area I have stayed at more than once. And if you keep an eye out for their specials, you can sometimes get a steal deal for the room. Overall, I like this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brandon - It is so rewarding to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. It's great to hear that we are your preferred hotel on the Plaza.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice little room close to alot of great dining and night life short drive to downtown !!! Can't beat it for the price close to the old Westport district,great food in the country club plaza which is only a short walk down the street staff was very welcoming

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about our hotel and staff. I'm thrilled that the team was friendly and helpful to you.

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!