“Got what I expected with an added dose of friendliness” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza

You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4535 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #67 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
LA
“Got what I expected with an added dose of friendliness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Understand you're saving money by going with Extended Stay and you don't get the same service as a regular hotel. But you do get what's promoted, it's nice having a kitchen, the room was fine, the location is great.
On other recent reviews... Yes, it's a bit rundown, I wouldn't say 'major disrepair'. Everything worked. I had no problem with the staff, they were on the job, friendly & helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pittsburg, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Hotel is in major disrepair, and it has just been covered in paint instead of fixed. There were random hairs in the kitchenette, and the bathroom looked like the maid attempted to make the bathroom look clean without cleaning it. The room is incredibly small, and their "Grab and Go
breakfast is not worth even grabbing. Save time and just go. Anyone who says other wise does NOT stay in hotels often enough to establish a real grasp on how seedy this hotel really is. There are better deals in the Country Club Plaza area, go find those.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Jessica - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I will be sharing your feedback and review with our staff. We will make sure that a member of management inspects each guest room prior to check-in moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at plz@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice little parking lot. My friend and I proceed to front desk to check in.

We parked in a little parking area but it was nice. We proceed to front desk and as we are entering two people are sitting outside shooting the breeze. No one at front desk. We wait and wait. My friend says I bet one of them is on the front desk. I say I don't think so because they would have come in. We waited about five more minutes and look for their number. We call the number and one of the people from outside comes in and say how can I help you. We give our res #. The room was nice. Set of towels for one person. We shared the towels and the next day I ask for towels and was told to bring the other towels down so they can keep up with washing them. One night someone gave a party in the parking lot-late making loud noises. Every time we came back to the hotel five to seven people were all sitting around. The last night we ask for a wake-up call to be out in time. NO wake up call! We will not stay there again unless it is for seven days or more and really maybe never.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Beverly - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Your comments in regards to how nice our guest rooms were, are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that we failed to properly inform you of our housekeeping procedures at check-in. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with our staff and providing them with additional training on how to explain our services moving forward. In addition, we will be reviewing protocol so that we do not delay a guests check-in with us.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at plz@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The staff is super friendly and efficient. it's a great location if you plan to be around the Plaza for special events or other gatherings. P&L District is just a short cab ride away as well. I like the fact that it has a kitchen- it makes it great for entertaining your in-town guests before heading out and enjoying the KC nightlife.

I will admit the room quality is average at best, but overall the stay is comfy and cleanliness has never been an issue. Just remember- it is a hotel designed for extended stay and is limited service, so housekeeping will not come by your room daily (unless you request it) and there is minimal staffing at night. If you need extra towels or any other amenities, they will bring them to your room by request.

I've stayed at this hotel SEVERAL times and have had zero issues with any of my stays. It's one of few hotels in the area I have stayed at more than once. And if you keep an eye out for their specials, you can sometimes get a steal deal for the room. Overall, I like this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brandon - It is so rewarding to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. It's great to hear that we are your preferred hotel on the Plaza.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice little room close to alot of great dining and night life short drive to downtown !!! Can't beat it for the price close to the old Westport district,great food in the country club plaza which is only a short walk down the street staff was very welcoming

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about our hotel and staff. I'm thrilled that the team was friendly and helpful to you.

TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed for the first time in an Extended Stay America as a last minute booking for a conference.
The location is good close to Museums and very close to Country Club Plaza.
The rooms are average size with a small double bed a chair and a Kitchenette. I found the utensils provided for cooking to be old, not particularly clean and personally found them unfit to be used. The cookware was peeling and scratched.
The bathroom toilet was not up to par and the towels are the scratchiest and hard I have ever.
Your room is not cleaned or the bed made up unless you pay an extra fee.
The staff at the front desk is helpful and friendly.
The Holiday inn and the Marriott are Next door.
It serves its function.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing you with friendly customer service. Please accept my apologies that the in-room amenities including kitchen utensils and towels were not in-line with our company's standards. The team and I are currently inventorying each guest room and replacing items as needed.

Caxias Do Sul, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My friends and I spent a night at this hotel.It wasn't our choice to stay there but it was perfect to our purpose. We stayed at a room with 2 double beds. The size of the room was good enough to 4 Brazilian women and their luggage. The shower was hot and the beds, comfortable and cozy. To me the most important features in a hotel room. The breakfast is terrible, just with some fruits and tasteless muffins. There's a laundry and vending machines that, for sure, will help the ones who spend more time there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad to hear that you and your guests found our rooms comfy and cozy and also that you found the size of the room to be very accommodating. We also appreciate your feedback on our "Grab-N-Go" breakfast. We continue to strive to make improvements through our guests' feedback whenever possible.

Again thank you for your time and we hope to see you very soon on your next visit to the Kansas City area!

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!