“The place was clean the person in charge was outside, parking was adequate” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4535 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #64 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The place was clean the person in charge was outside, parking was adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice little parking lot. My friend and I proceed to front desk to check in.

We parked in a little parking area but it was nice. We proceed to front desk and as we are entering two people are sitting outside shooting the breeze. No one at front desk. We wait and wait. My friend says I bet one of them is on the front desk. I say I don't think so because they would have come in. We waited about five more minutes and look for their number. We call the number and one of the people from outside comes in and say how can I help you. We give our res #. The room was nice. Set of towels for one person. We shared the towels and the next day I ask for towels and was told to bring the other towels down so they can keep up with washing them. One night someone gave a party in the parking lot-late making loud noises. Every time we came back to the hotel five to seven people were all sitting around. The last night we ask for a wake-up call to be out in time. NO wake up call! We will not stay there again unless it is for seven days or more and really maybe never.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Beverly - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Your comments in regards to how nice our guest rooms were, are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that we failed to properly inform you of our housekeeping procedures at check-in. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with our staff and providing them with additional training on how to explain our services moving forward. In addition, we will be reviewing protocol so that we do not delay a guests check-in with us.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at plz@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The staff is super friendly and efficient. it's a great location if you plan to be around the Plaza for special events or other gatherings. P&L District is just a short cab ride away as well. I like the fact that it has a kitchen- it makes it great for entertaining your in-town guests before heading out and enjoying the KC nightlife.

I will admit the room quality is average at best, but overall the stay is comfy and cleanliness has never been an issue. Just remember- it is a hotel designed for extended stay and is limited service, so housekeeping will not come by your room daily (unless you request it) and there is minimal staffing at night. If you need extra towels or any other amenities, they will bring them to your room by request.

I've stayed at this hotel SEVERAL times and have had zero issues with any of my stays. It's one of few hotels in the area I have stayed at more than once. And if you keep an eye out for their specials, you can sometimes get a steal deal for the room. Overall, I like this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brandon - It is so rewarding to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. It's great to hear that we are your preferred hotel on the Plaza.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice little room close to alot of great dining and night life short drive to downtown !!! Can't beat it for the price close to the old Westport district,great food in the country club plaza which is only a short walk down the street staff was very welcoming

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about our hotel and staff. I'm thrilled that the team was friendly and helpful to you.

TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed for the first time in an Extended Stay America as a last minute booking for a conference.
The location is good close to Museums and very close to Country Club Plaza.
The rooms are average size with a small double bed a chair and a Kitchenette. I found the utensils provided for cooking to be old, not particularly clean and personally found them unfit to be used. The cookware was peeling and scratched.
The bathroom toilet was not up to par and the towels are the scratchiest and hard I have ever.
Your room is not cleaned or the bed made up unless you pay an extra fee.
The staff at the front desk is helpful and friendly.
The Holiday inn and the Marriott are Next door.
It serves its function.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing you with friendly customer service. Please accept my apologies that the in-room amenities including kitchen utensils and towels were not in-line with our company's standards. The team and I are currently inventorying each guest room and replacing items as needed.

Caxias Do Sul, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My friends and I spent a night at this hotel.It wasn't our choice to stay there but it was perfect to our purpose. We stayed at a room with 2 double beds. The size of the room was good enough to 4 Brazilian women and their luggage. The shower was hot and the beds, comfortable and cozy. To me the most important features in a hotel room. The breakfast is terrible, just with some fruits and tasteless muffins. There's a laundry and vending machines that, for sure, will help the ones who spend more time there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad to hear that you and your guests found our rooms comfy and cozy and also that you found the size of the room to be very accommodating. We also appreciate your feedback on our "Grab-N-Go" breakfast. We continue to strive to make improvements through our guests' feedback whenever possible.

Again thank you for your time and we hope to see you very soon on your next visit to the Kansas City area!
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Booked 2 rooms blind on Priceline. It doesn't meet the star level that I was promised. Was charged an up-charge on site for double beds. Front desk service was friendly as they told us at check in if we wanted things like, shampoo or a hair dryer we had to ask for them. No ice maker on site. Got to the room, basic room. Older furnishings. Smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling. Bathroom was dirty with hair from previous customers in the floor and tub. Front desk is "closed" from 11p to 7a, but there is a person on site. After hours place was out of control. Drunk customers, loud, yelling, door slamming, music, etc. Not having someone present at the front desk is like telling people "You're unsupervised, go ahead, get out of control." And they did. No one in my party had a good nights rest because of the noise. They also vandalized the A/C controls and exit signs in the hallway, with broken plastic everywhere. I stepped outside in the middle of the night, since I couldn't sleep, to smoke and was locked out. Card didn't work to open the door. Used phone to call the night auditor to let me in. He was rude and just opened the door and walked off. Not saying a word. The "grab and go" breakfast was a joke. Granola bars and bad coffee. The AM maintenance person walking around, cleaning up, etc. was blaring music from his in side out head phones and didn't greet us as we walked by him 3 times. Rude. I would NEVER stay in this or any other ESA property again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectation during your stay with us. We take great pride in providing a home away from home experience for our guests and we disappointed you in that regard. I will use your survey as a tool to work with my team members to improve our guest experiences in the future. Again, thank you for providing us with your valued opinions. If you would like to discuss your stay with us further, then please contact me at plz@extendedstay.com We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I spent 3 nights here for work. The rooms were updated and clean. These are my top 2 qualifications for a good hotel. Flat screen tv, comfy bed, clean floors, newer carpet, clean bathroom. What more can you ask for? I also liked the kitchenette. It didn't take up much space and very useful, good layout. Two thumbs up from me!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that we met your expectations. We recently went through a refresh and are thrilled that you enjoyed our new amenities. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!