“Good location but don't expect amenities” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4535 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #69 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
TX
“Good location but don't expect amenities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed for the first time in an Extended Stay America as a last minute booking for a conference.
The location is good close to Museums and very close to Country Club Plaza.
The rooms are average size with a small double bed a chair and a Kitchenette. I found the utensils provided for cooking to be old, not particularly clean and personally found them unfit to be used. The cookware was peeling and scratched.
The bathroom toilet was not up to par and the towels are the scratchiest and hard I have ever.
Your room is not cleaned or the bed made up unless you pay an extra fee.
The staff at the front desk is helpful and friendly.
The Holiday inn and the Marriott are Next door.
It serves its function.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing you with friendly customer service. Please accept my apologies that the in-room amenities including kitchen utensils and towels were not in-line with our company's standards. The team and I are currently inventorying each guest room and replacing items as needed.

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Caxias Do Sul, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My friends and I spent a night at this hotel.It wasn't our choice to stay there but it was perfect to our purpose. We stayed at a room with 2 double beds. The size of the room was good enough to 4 Brazilian women and their luggage. The shower was hot and the beds, comfortable and cozy. To me the most important features in a hotel room. The breakfast is terrible, just with some fruits and tasteless muffins. There's a laundry and vending machines that, for sure, will help the ones who spend more time there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad to hear that you and your guests found our rooms comfy and cozy and also that you found the size of the room to be very accommodating. We also appreciate your feedback on our "Grab-N-Go" breakfast. We continue to strive to make improvements through our guests' feedback whenever possible.

Again thank you for your time and we hope to see you very soon on your next visit to the Kansas City area!
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Booked 2 rooms blind on Priceline. It doesn't meet the star level that I was promised. Was charged an up-charge on site for double beds. Front desk service was friendly as they told us at check in if we wanted things like, shampoo or a hair dryer we had to ask for them. No ice maker on site. Got to the room, basic room. Older furnishings. Smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling. Bathroom was dirty with hair from previous customers in the floor and tub. Front desk is "closed" from 11p to 7a, but there is a person on site. After hours place was out of control. Drunk customers, loud, yelling, door slamming, music, etc. Not having someone present at the front desk is like telling people "You're unsupervised, go ahead, get out of control." And they did. No one in my party had a good nights rest because of the noise. They also vandalized the A/C controls and exit signs in the hallway, with broken plastic everywhere. I stepped outside in the middle of the night, since I couldn't sleep, to smoke and was locked out. Card didn't work to open the door. Used phone to call the night auditor to let me in. He was rude and just opened the door and walked off. Not saying a word. The "grab and go" breakfast was a joke. Granola bars and bad coffee. The AM maintenance person walking around, cleaning up, etc. was blaring music from his in side out head phones and didn't greet us as we walked by him 3 times. Rude. I would NEVER stay in this or any other ESA property again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectation during your stay with us. We take great pride in providing a home away from home experience for our guests and we disappointed you in that regard. I will use your survey as a tool to work with my team members to improve our guest experiences in the future. Again, thank you for providing us with your valued opinions. If you would like to discuss your stay with us further, then please contact me at plz@extendedstay.com We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I spent 3 nights here for work. The rooms were updated and clean. These are my top 2 qualifications for a good hotel. Flat screen tv, comfy bed, clean floors, newer carpet, clean bathroom. What more can you ask for? I also liked the kitchenette. It didn't take up much space and very useful, good layout. Two thumbs up from me!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that we met your expectations. We recently went through a refresh and are thrilled that you enjoyed our new amenities. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Joplin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This place is a dump. The exterior looks nice, but the inside is a wreck. Upon arrival we verified our nonsmoking request. The desk clerk was friendly, confirmed our nonsmoking request, and gave us our key. Walking into the room was like walking into a bar that has been smoked in for years. My husband went back to the desk and explained that we have asthma and need a nonsmoking room. The desk clerk said our room was nonsmoking, but it was next door to a smoking room and perhaps the smell was crossing through. She graciously moved us to another floor. While my husband was gone, I discovered a bounty of insect carcuses on the bathroom floor. Perhaps they were asthmatic too! We moved to a new room without any stale smoke smells or dead bugs, but plenty of mildew in the shower and a fair share so pubic hair on the bathroom floor. At that point we pulled out the Clorox disinfectant wipes and gave the room a once over. We laughed it off and enjoyed our evening in KC's fabulous Plaza. The positives of this hotel include location, unit controlled AC/heat, and full kitchen (long term stays for hospital guests). The drawbacks include smoking odors, lack of cleanliness, wear and tear, and paper-thin walls. I'm not high maintenance. This place is just a dump.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The condition of the guest room you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am holding a full staff meeting to share your experience and provide additional training to ensure that this does not happen again. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at plz@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Not Family Friendly, Many Using this Hotel as Apartment! Fights in Hallways on two separate occassions. Police called once and overall many people using this Hotel as more than an extended stay but as a "home" or "apartment", their words. Staff was mildly friendly but not accommodating at all. Breakfast terrible and cleaning service not good. Had to move rooms as shower leaked into room below and i fell as floor was covered in water. All the attendant did regarding my fall was hand me extra towels and ask to clean up the mess and turn off the water.

Internet very slow and overall room very outdated & dirty. Not a family-friendly, safe atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situations you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with my team members and providing additional training to improve the level of service we provide our guests.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here during round 2 of Kansas City's snowstorm for 2 nights. The hotel just recently changed hands, it was a Homestead. Price was high but it was a last minute reservation so that's understandable. The rooms have a stovetop, microwave, ample counter space and a flat screen tv. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was coffee, fruit and oatmeal, not anything special but adequate. The location is convenient to the plaza. Front desk staff was nice and the maintenance guy even shoveled my car out of the snow!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff went above the call of duty to help you dig out your vehicle. We certainly appreciate all of the kind things you said. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!