“Couldn't be better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza

You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4535 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #67 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Nashville, Tennessee
“Couldn't be better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had read some not so great reviews but took a chance and I'm SO glad I did! I arrived in town earlier than expected - while I couldn't get into my room at 9am, the manager said she'd see that I got a room as soon as she could arrange it. I had breakfast across the street and by the time I was finished I had a room! I was somewhat anxious to see the room since some of the reviews were 'iffy'. Wow. I was MORE than pleasantly surprised. My room looked very nice, clean, smelled very fresh and looked modern. I chose not to have my room serviced while I stayed but the housekeeper was pleasant when I asked to exchange my towels out for clean...no problem. Bed was comfy and I slept very soundly. Now, one of the best things about this Homestead is the location...just a couple blocks from KCs best shopping and dining! I loved it. The one and only thing I wasn't wild about was the fact it appeared that the front office goes unstaffed at night. The hallways are long and the elevators are behind closed fire doors...just sort of a creepy feeling at night for this terminal scaredy-cat. Although, I have to say the part of town this location is in is VERY well patrolled by police and VERY safe. I not only "would" stay here again, I honestly "look forward" to staying here again!

Room Tip: 114 is a very nice room close to a side exit.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of this company, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I want to Thank the staff at this Hotel. The stay was amazing I enjoyed everything from the great customer service of the staff and awesome housekeepers. I can't thank you enough for the job you did on our stay. This location is also very great with most things in walking distance. There is help around the clock, and a great laundry facility comes in handy for us who stay over a period of time. I would Definitely stay again in the near future. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, like home away from home. I enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Ryan,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Kansas City - Country Club Plaza. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Champaign, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This isn't the fanciest place I have ever stayed, but I found the room to be clean enough. The bed was not very comfy and the pillows weren't great, so I would bring my own pillow next time. But it was so nice to have a refrigerator/microwave/burners in the room - what a treat it was to go to the grocery store and then have meals in the hotel room! The location is close to downtown and my in-laws loved that there was a mile loop park to walk in in the mornings right across the street. Plenty of parking -- all in all, a good stay. Just a note: there aren't shampoo/conditioner bottles in the bathroom, so bring your own!

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor, you can park around the back and have a door that enters right into...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Kansas City - Country Club Plaza. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The location of this property is great, right in the mix of all that the plaza has to offer. There was ample free parking and the woman at the front desk was cheerful and pleasant.

My room was on the second floor and as soon as I got off of the elevator, the smell of smoke hit me. As I walked down the long hall to my room the smell just got stronger.

When I got into the room, the smell of stale smoke was evident everywhere. There were also two ashtrays in the room letting me know that I had gotten a smoking room. When you get on Homestead's website they do warn you that you cannot be guaranteed a non smoking (or smoking) room. So, I knew upfront that there was a chance I would be stuck in a smoking room.

The room and general areas are dated and show signs of wear and tear, but are generally clean.

The room is decent sized and has a full kitchen. As with most extended stay properties, the amenties are very few. Two towels in the bathroom, two pillows on the bed and the cheapest fixtures and furnishings you could imagine. Everything in this place is geared to save a buck. Housekeeping comes by once a week unless you pay for more.

There was a nice flat panel TV that was a departure from the overall cheapness of the property however.

For the most part, the property was very quiet. That was good because sometimes these cheap extended stay places are havens for druggies, pimps, and prostitutes.

I rated it as average. At $44 a night I felt I got what I paid for. All I would say is that if being in a smokey facility or room would bother you, don't book at a Homestead.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Kansas City - Country Club Plaza. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The front desk had to go up and check to see if our room was ready, she came back and said probably 10 more min to have a seat, IN THE HALLWAY! There is no lobby. Waited over 20 min, she finally remembered we were sitting there and said that we could go check if it was ready. We were given a half piece of torn paper with their policies, $3 per day for new towels, $5 per day to make the bed too!!! The room is very dated, the bathtub caulk is full of mold, the toilet had a hard time flushing, the sink was fully clogged and about to over flow while brushing my teeth, the sink drain was rusty, no tissues, no soap, no shampoo, the tv had bad reception I had to pull out the dresser and fix it. Bad move,what I found behind the dresser is beyond words! The bed was the hardest I'd ever slept on. Our room was next to the entrance and we could hear the door slamming all night and early morning. For over $100 a night this was unbelievable, I've stayed in better hotels that were $39 a night. I don't know how anyone could give this dump a good review

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Teresa,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Kansas City - Country Club Plaza. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Springfield, mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I'm in KC every week or two for business and have lost count how many nights I have stayed here. Staff is always outstanding and responsive. Wifi is a must for what I do - it's free. If I want to eat out or entertainment the plaza is a couple of blocks away. If I don't feel like eating out the rooms have a fridge, stove, microwave, pots, pans & utensils. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Another important factor for me is whether concentrating on work or sleeping the noise level is always minimal. In the 6+ months I have been staying there I have never had a bad experience. If you want the latest greatest over-priced place to stay they are down the road. This facility is consistently friendly, clean, comfortable, and my preference when in KC.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Seattle WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Location is optimal if you are going to the two art museums (Nelson Atkins, Kemper) or the best shopping/dining area in the city (County Club Plaza), within walking distance. Access to the free parking is easy.

My stay was quiet and uneventful. Free Wifi was a plus, the room was clean. Flat screen TV and an easy chair. Wish the reading light was a little better in the chair.

Did not use the kitchen, as no utensils are included, but the coffee maker, MW oven, refrig are nice to have. Towels were included in the bathroom.

Property is dated with wear and tear, but for the price ($50 Priceline Bid, plus tax) it was truly just fine, and then some!

Main hall had that old apartment house odor, but once in the room it was gone. Operable window, view into tree. Front desk staff was professional and friendly. I would have stayed more than one night, but Priceline would not let me extend for the same rate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Grant,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room and location. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory due to the property being “dated.” For that I am truly sorry.

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!